Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Forest Green doing a Crawley!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 101 Guests

Forest Green doing a Crawley!

This thread currently has 1,983 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Mighty_Mariner
May 12, 2012, 4:19pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,246
Gold Stars: 10
They've signed Ben Wright from Braintree on a 2 year contract! That's 3 strikers signed this week!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
aaron rattray
May 12, 2012, 4:26pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
He was poor for us, did a decent defenders job though i remember him doing a clearance on front of the osmond end and it dropped just past the halfway line

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 15
aldi_01
May 12, 2012, 5:10pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
We all knew that they were going to be the team that spent shitloads...however, unlike Crawley who had the biggest girl private in football there and Fleetwood who are just a huge disgrace, forest green are a decent side and one of tr best sides to come to BP this year and weren't dirty or use time wasting antics etc...

On the subject of wright, that signing doesn't really send out much of a fright to the rest of the league IMHO

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 15
RoboCod
May 12, 2012, 5:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
I'm extremely underwhelmed.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 15
May 12, 2012, 5:26pm
Guest User
I'm not entirely worried about Forest Green compared to Crawley and Fleetwood. We have seen Wright play and he is nothing amazing. Marsh has scored 15 goals from open play in the division below and Stytche always seems injured. It also says something that Viera couldnt get into Fleetwoods team but he may well get into Forest Greens first team. They will most likely be up there and obviosuly have a decent squad but compared to the way Fleetwood and Crawley have spent there money at the momeant it is looking like Crawley and Fleetwood spent it more wisely. Another thing is that Wrexham have today sold  Knight Percival and a couple of their players are expected to leave as they think they can a better wage elsewere.
Reply: 4 - 15
Mighty_Mariner
May 12, 2012, 6:22pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,246
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from 1739
I'm not entirely worried about Forest Green compared to Crawley and Fleetwood. We have seen Wright play and he is nothing amazing. Marsh has scored 15 goals from open play in the division below and Stytche always seems injured. It also says something that Viera couldnt get into Fleetwoods team but he may well get into Forest Greens first team. They will most likely be up there and obviosuly have a decent squad but compared to the way Fleetwood and Crawley have spent there money at the momeant it is looking like Crawley and Fleetwood spent it more wisely. Another thing is that Wrexham have today sold  Knight Percival and a couple of their players are expected to leave as they think they can a better wage elsewere.

I'd like Dean Keates or Jay Harris!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 15
May 12, 2012, 6:35pm
Guest User
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner

I'd like Dean Keates or Jay Harris!

I bet alot of league 2 club are sniffing around them but they are owned by their trust I think so will be desperate for the money.
Reply: 6 - 15
STB
May 12, 2012, 6:58pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +66 / -22
I thought we laid more money out last season than Fleetwood.

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 15
costa del cleethorpes
May 12, 2012, 7:51pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Quoted from STB
I thought we laid more money out last season than Fleetwood.

No we didnt but we landed more fish than them
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 15
Tommy
May 13, 2012, 2:29am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,869
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from aldi_01
We all knew that they were going to be the team that spent shitloads...however, unlike Crawley who had the biggest girl private in football there and Fleetwood who are just a huge disgrace, forest green are a decent side and one of tr best sides to come to BP this year and weren't dirty or use time wasting antics etc...

But we made similar comments like this about Fleetwood from the season before they got some money behind them. They came to BP in 2010/2011 and beat us playing quite well, earning quite a lot of praise in the process.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Forest Green get a lot of favourable decisions from referees this next season and become a cynical, arrogant side. Not that they'll care if they're top of the league.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 15
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Forest Green doing a Crawley!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.