Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Forest Green doing a Crawley!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 101 Guests

Forest Green doing a Crawley!

This thread currently has 1,984 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
aldi_01
May 13, 2012, 9:07am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
The problem with teams like forest green throwing money around is do the people providing it gave enough to last a long time? Even if they get in the league their crowds will still be very small and they'll make little revenue from away fans etc...I think this is we're teams like this come unstuck in a few years and end up in bother.

I have no issue with teams having an arrogance if they play the game in a decent manner, Fleetwood didn't and IMHO didn't the season before either. So far few will be taking notice of forest green as I believe the players they've signed don't appear to be world beaters, that said they could turn into them.

I expect York to have another good season and possibly wrexham too. Southport will struggle I think as they did the season before this. I'm unsure about Mansfield and I'm not gonna comment on town just yet...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 15
DocTower
May 13, 2012, 9:22am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
We always worry about other teams , I'll be happier when we have signed some players . I hope we don't wait too long as we have done in the past , where we have to choose the dreggs of whats left .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 15
aldi_01
May 13, 2012, 9:24am

Barley Wine Drinker
We didn't wait too long last year and eventually the team came together very well for a good chunk of the season so hopefully the same will happen this year but we will actually start out season in August, not October.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 15
mariner91
May 13, 2012, 9:46am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,804
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from aldi_01
The problem with teams like forest green throwing money around is do the people providing it gave enough to last a long time? Even if they get in the league their crowds will still be very small and they'll make little revenue from away fans etc...

Their attendances are even less likely to grow than Crawley or Fleetwood. Nailsworth has a population roughly the size of Horncastle and considerably smaller than Louth! Even if the whole village went to every game they'd still only be getting 6,500.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 15
aldi_01
May 13, 2012, 12:40pm

Barley Wine Drinker
That was my point...and let's be honest, very very few people are likely to drift over to watch them either are they...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 15
Madeleymariner
May 13, 2012, 12:43pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,073
Gold Stars: 52
Wrights not a world beater but he still scored 17 last season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 15
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Forest Green doing a Crawley!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.