4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
BIGChris
May 7, 2012, 10:44am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.96
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
a bizzare set up on the OS with the supporters questions appearing in written form and then audio response from the managerial duo.

Nothing startling but they seemed to suggest that there wont be many players coming in from leagues lower than BSP as although stats of certain players look good they havent looked the business when viewed first hand. Andre Gray who went to Luton was the exception but they havent seen another Liam Hearn out there.

They will try 4-3-3 in pre season but also 4-4-2. No set way. Depends on players, form and opposition. Want a plan A & B and hopefully C too

They are keen to get midfield runners beyond the strikers and that is something they are want to address in the summer.

They are dissapointed Coulson went. They said again that he had told them his decision to leave was about the desire the get back in the football league and NOT about money. Coulson appears to have said to the press and on twitter that he would have stayed if he had been paid more money? Some will believe one side and some the other. In my view he has gone so forget about him and move on
Private Message
Alfie
May 7, 2012, 10:48am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +22 / -11
Approval: +159
Not listening to that. Far too much effort.

Worries me that we're paying for a media manager/press officer who is too scared/inecure to record his own voice when asking the questions. Baffling.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 34
Marinerz93
May 7, 2012, 10:55am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
We should have a Question Time David Dimbleby stylieeeee.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 34
moosey_club
May 7, 2012, 11:01am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,326
Gold Stars: 229
Not happy. Surely BC you could have come up with at least another set of initials for the title of the thread?  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 34
dapperz fun pub
May 7, 2012, 11:06am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,067
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from BIGChris
a bizzare set up on the OS with the supporters questions appearing in written form and then audio response from the managerial duo.

Nothing startling but they seemed to suggest that there wont be many players coming in from leagues lower than BSP as although stats of certain players look good they havent looked the business when viewed first hand. Andre Gray who went to Luton was the exception but they havent seen another Liam Hearn out there.

They will try 4-3-3 in pre season but also 4-4-2. No set way. Depends on players, form and opposition. Want a plan A & B and hopefully C too

They are keen to get midfield runners beyond the strikers and that is something they are want to address in the summer.

They are dissapointed Coulson went. They said again that he had told them his decision to leave was about the desire the get back in the football league and NOT about money. Coulson appears to have said to the press and on twitter that he would have stayed if he had been paid more money? Some will believe one side and some the other. In my view he has gone so forget about him and move on

i wont miss him tbh .........without trawling the net what have the trust got lined up future events,fund raising ideas,giving fenty the rest of the shares ( only kidding)?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 34
80sglory
May 8, 2012, 3:29am
Guest User
Quoted from BIGChris
They are dissapointed Coulson went. They said again that he had told them his decision to leave was about the desire the get back in the football league and NOT about money.

Don't think that's quite correct ?

Hurst said:
"At the time it was MORE about the desire to play in the football league."
and
"We were only going off what we thought was MORE, certainly MORE about wanting to play in the football league."

So it's not necessarily "one or the other" ?  

Quoted from BIGChris

Perhaps it's being open-minded and experimenting (which is what you should arguably do in pre-season).
Whilst S&H didn't give too much away IMO, they haven't even got any new players in yet.
Surely only a fool would say "We're only going with 1 plan and it won't depend on players, form or the opposition." ?  

Quoted from BIGChris

They also said it wasn't that easy getting players from lower down to come to a full time club because:

"most of them are gonna be 24 or under and therefore there then becomes a fee involved so that makes all of a sudden a player a little bit more expensive even if it's only a nominal fee. On top of that depending of their staus in terms of where they are, have they got a job, so they might not be getting paid a deal from the club they're at, but add a job on top of that and then yes it's a lifestyle choice for some. But again personal circumstances if they've got a family to support it's not always as simple as, 'Oh they're playing lower down so they'd be dying to come to full time football club' whether it's ours or others."

Money crops up again !  

Also thought it was interesting when asked "Can we play like Swansea please?" Scott (rather deliberately IMO) said:
"Not everyone has got TIME to manifest their ways."

Guess he means passing football takes more time to get right than direct football (see his point not totally convinced about that)

But either way it's not entirely suprising IMO.
Cos I guess they'll be under pressure to chase promotion yet AGAIN next season despite:
- reduced contract offers and what appears to be a smaller budget  
- an exodus of England C internationals (+ I'Anson, Artus ?)
- another probable large influx of players (Scott said "We'll be looking to bring in a fair few this summer as well.")

Sure we can go up but perhaps it depends who's gonna come, who's any good + how quickly we can gel ?
Some might argue there's a strong "spine" already in place but some might counter-argue our CLASS PLAYERS include 1 striker and 1 half decent goalie.

I'm forgetting it's like a "2nd season" now, sounds more like it'll be another "rebuilding 1st".
Was it any co-incidence Scott said "Very optimistic for the coming seasons" ?!

Talking about the reserves Scott said:
"It's something that THE CLUB AS A WHOLE have come to a conclusion that we'd like."
Rightly or wrongly (rightly tbf) sounds like the club are helping make some of the decisions ?
I wonder if decisions on players contracts and wages are the same ?... (no idea but who knows)

S&H sound confident (though you'd be very worried if they weren't !) and we'll see.
But I guess the budget could prove a huge factor next season.
Short of hitting some more top quality players on limited finance, I wonder if S&H might have their work cut out.
Still very early days but right now I'm thinking if they get us into the playoffs they'll have done very well.
Reply: 5 - 34
oldun
May 8, 2012, 1:10pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
It will be no tougher for them than the other managers inBSP
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 34
rancido
May 8, 2012, 8:10pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,662
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from 1600

Don't think that's quite correct ?

Hurst said:
"At the time it was MORE about the desire to play in the football league."
and
"We were only going off what we thought was MORE, certainly MORE about wanting to play in the football league."

So it's not necessarily "one or the other" ?  

Perhaps it's being open-minded and experimenting (which is what you should arguably do in pre-season).
Whilst S&H didn't give too much away IMO, they haven't even got any new players in yet.
Surely only a fool would say "We're only going with 1 plan and it won't depend on players, form or the opposition." ?  

They also said it wasn't that easy getting players from lower down to come to a full time club because:

"most of them are gonna be 24 or under and therefore there then becomes a fee involved so that makes all of a sudden a player a little bit more expensive even if it's only a nominal fee. On top of that depending of their staus in terms of where they are, have they got a job, so they might not be getting paid a deal from the club they're at, but add a job on top of that and then yes it's a lifestyle choice for some. But again personal circumstances if they've got a family to support it's not always as simple as, 'Oh they're playing lower down so they'd be dying to come to full time football club' whether it's ours or others."

Money crops up again !  

Also thought it was interesting when asked "Can we play like Swansea please?" Scott (rather deliberately IMO) said:
"Not everyone has got TIME to manifest their ways."

Guess he means passing football takes more time to get right than direct football (see his point not totally convinced about that)

But either way it's not entirely suprising IMO.
Cos I guess they'll be under pressure to chase promotion yet AGAIN next season despite:
- reduced contract offers and what appears to be a smaller budget  
- an exodus of England C internationals (+ I'Anson, Artus ?)
- another probable large influx of players (Scott said "We'll be looking to bring in a fair few this summer as well.")

Sure we can go up but perhaps it depends who's gonna come, who's any good + how quickly we can gel ?
Some might argue there's a strong "spine" already in place but some might counter-argue our CLASS PLAYERS include 1 striker and 1 half decent goalie.

I'm forgetting it's like a "2nd season" now, sounds more like it'll be another "rebuilding 1st".
Was it any co-incidence Scott said "Very optimistic for the coming seasons" ?!

Talking about the reserves Scott said:
"It's something that THE CLUB AS A WHOLE have come to a conclusion that we'd like."
Rightly or wrongly (rightly tbf) sounds like the club are helping make some of the decisions ?
I wonder if decisions on players contracts and wages are the same ?... (no idea but who knows)

S&H sound confident (though you'd be very worried if they weren't !) and we'll see.
But I guess the budget could prove a huge factor next season. Short of hitting some more top quality players on limited finance, I wonder if S&H might have their work cut out.
Still very early days but right now I'm thinking if they get us into the playoffs they'll have done very well.

In the context of playing budgets I noticed in the NLP that Hyde manager Gary Lowe has left the club after gaining promotion to the BSP. Apparently he felt that the playing staff budget , reputed to be less than £150,000 , wasn't enough to compete in the BSP.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 34
upthestripes
May 8, 2012, 11:12pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
I can't find this anywhere.

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 34
we will return
May 8, 2012, 11:20pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +19 / -1
Approval: +35
Quoted from upthestripes
I can't find this anywhere.

questions
[url]http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10417~2762403,00.html[/url]

answers
[url]http://www.extra-gtfc.co.uk/audio/qt1.wma[/url]

UTM!
The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2013!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 34
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › S&H Q&A

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.