No Members and 199 Guests

facebook comments

This thread currently has 2,404 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
whitty
March 30, 2012, 12:38am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
having recently participated in a disscusion regarding the lady arrested for racial abuse, it reminded me of some comments i read recently on facebook. we where due to play york city. i wont mention the title of the full name of the facebook account athough it did have the name grimsby in the title and a picture of a town player as the profile pic. like many of you that where outraged by the ladies alleged racist abuse, i was appauled at what this person had written about yorkshire people. chanting it at games is one thing (which i also find racist and disgusting) but actually putting on a facebook page whilst looking like you have a connection to the club is appauling. the comment was. 'the yorkshire ripper is our freind he kills yorkies'.i'm pretty sure the author of such an ill judged comment was not around when the yorkshire ripper was at large. it was an horrendous time and not a subject that should be made light of
Logged Offline
Private Message
hertfordshire mariner
March 30, 2012, 2:16am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +34
if it bothers you that much you can always remove the person from your friends list.

"Form a string quartet, and pretend your name is Keith"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 20
grimps
March 30, 2012, 5:29am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,197
Gold Stars: 50
What a helmet !
now your telling us we cant be friends witht the yorkshire ripper ,he might be a nice bloke for all you know and he does kill yorkies  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 20
aldi_01
March 30, 2012, 7:05am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
And it is true, they do look in dustbins for something to eat...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 20
foreverloyal72
March 30, 2012, 9:14am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Quoted from whitty
having recently participated in a disscusion regarding the lady arrested for racial abuse, it reminded me of some comments i read recently on facebook. we where due to play york city. i wont mention the title of the full name of the facebook account athough it did have the name grimsby in the title and a picture of a town player as the profile pic. like many of you that where outraged by the ladies alleged racist abuse, i was appauled at what this person had written about yorkshire people. chanting it at games is one thing (which i also find racist and disgusting) but actually putting on a facebook page whilst looking like you have a connection to the club is appauling. the comment was. 'the yorkshire ripper is our freind he kills yorkies'.i'm pretty sure the author of such an ill judged comment was not around when the yorkshire ripper was at large. it was an horrendous time and not a subject that should be made light of

I think its more about who said it and not what was said
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 20
whitty
March 30, 2012, 9:27am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
after recent interaction on this forum i have come to the conclusion that most of the individuals that contribute are here for a bit of needle and an argument and cannot get involved in a debate without being offensive or offering a valid come back to a reasonable comment. i dont know the person behind the facebook remarks. i,m well aware that i can block them. (thanks for that brilliant peice of information)and for anyboddy to make light of the remarks is frankly not worth giving the time of day too. so thankyou and good night. this forum is not for me
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 20
laitey
March 30, 2012, 9:52am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +12 / -7

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 20
pontoonlew
March 30, 2012, 10:28am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,109
Gold Stars: 182
How can you get into a debate with somebody trying to defend a racist? There is no debate because your wrong.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 20
flash1
March 30, 2012, 11:41am
rather be a codhead than a scunt
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +21 / -9
Approval: +1
Quoted from pontoonlew
How can you get into a debate with somebody trying to defend a racist? There is no debate because your wrong.

So why start the thread in the 1st place?why not wait untill all details from what did or did not happen before trying to start a debate?Some people like to get all the details and finding out the truth before starting a witchhunt thread!This will probably the same debate that we,,ll see when prior to john terry has his day in court!

rather be a codhead than a scunt

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 20
Marinerz93
March 30, 2012, 11:46am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from flash1

So why start the thread in the 1st place?why not wait untill all details from what did or did not happen before trying to start a debate?Some people like to get all the details and finding out the truth before starting a witchhunt thread!This will probably the same debate that we,,ll see when prior to john terry has his day in court!

Because Pontoonlew is a drama queen and likes winding people up.  He's hoping someone body will write a letter after an event so he can apologise to every man and his dog about brutal and horrible Town fans.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 20
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › facebook comments

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.