Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Left midfield for Saturday?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 165 Guests

Left midfield for Saturday?

This thread currently has 3,522 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Biccys
February 23, 2012, 8:33am
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from jimgtfc
My team for sat:

Macca
Silk garner miller Townsend
Thanoj disley church coulson
Duffy Hearn

Swap Miller for Pearson or I'Anson as Miller is cup tied.

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 40 - 47
Maringer
February 23, 2012, 8:44am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,726
Gold Stars: 189
Playing two players out of position instead of just slotting Makofo in on the left? Madness.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 47
mariner91
February 23, 2012, 11:24am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,838
Gold Stars: 264
I think Serge was a real credit to himself in pre-season with his work rate and the fact that he forced his way in to the manager's plans after being put on the transfer list. With this in mind I think he'll do well if he plays because he will be wanting to prove his worth after a lengthy absence and with competition from Artus, KHM and Soares.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 47
Jarmo.Is.God
February 23, 2012, 12:09pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
i think S&H know what they are going to do, so lets just leave it to them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 47
Abdul19
February 23, 2012, 1:08pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.40
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,637
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from Maringer
What is sensible about playing a young central midfielder in an unfamiliar position on the wing whilst leaving a winger on the bench? Before his injury, Makofo was playing reasonably well and scoring goals. He's just got to start on Saturday.

Agreed.

Although Steve Croudson's left footed, how about playing him at left back with Townsend left wing?  

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 47
brad_gtfc
February 23, 2012, 1:58pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +16 / -3
Approval: +269
A new loan signing maybe..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 47
80sglory
February 23, 2012, 4:24pm
Guest User
Cracking analysis Mighty Mariner !  

Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
Would he also be match fit having not played in a couple if months? I suppose the same could be said for Wood though!

Exactly !

As I said on the Elding thread, it takes a very brave man to change a winning side but this is the downside - players like Wood, I'Anson don't play and lack match practice.
Better now than when they're totally lacking match practice stepping off the bench in the playoff final ?

Two options - put off the issue (and hope eveyone stays available and we don't get beaten until EOS) or try to resolve it.
I might well have played Wood, Ianson anyway regardless of the forced changes.

Winning run is very important but fact is, it's not the same side anyway, so I'd be tempted with Church too. (but I wouldn't)

Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
I do however doubt Mafofo's ability to track back and support Townsend, which he would definitely need to do against an in form Matty Blair!

Maybe so but not convinced - he's tracked back well enough before ?

Makofo's not eveyone's cup of tea but bottom line, if he doesn't play here when does he ?
If he's gonna rot on the sidelines for eternity we might as well pay off his contract now ?  

.........................McKeown
Wood.........Pearson.....I'Anson.......Townsend
Coulson.....Thanoj.......Disley..........Makofo
..................Hearn......Duffy

Reply: 46 - 47
Mighty_Mariner
February 23, 2012, 5:09pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,245
Gold Stars: 10
Having watched last nights game it was evident that both York full backs were uncomfortable against Gateshead's pacey wingers and were undone on a number of occasions, especially their right back! Now the one thing Makofo has in abundance is pace and I think with both him and Coulson running at them will scare the shite out of them!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Left midfield for Saturday?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.