Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Left midfield for Saturday?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 140 Guests

Left midfield for Saturday?

This thread currently has 3,521 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
connorGTFC
February 22, 2012, 12:22pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +10 / -14
serge, personally think he will do an excellant job as he has a point to prove.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 47
GtfcGarner
February 22, 2012, 12:23pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,809
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from chiumento
Can Southwell play on the left?? I'd preferably not see Serge!!

I'd bring Dale on last 15-20 if Serge isn't all so effective
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 47
Maringer
February 22, 2012, 12:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,718
Gold Stars: 189
As I understand things, Artus has played on the left at times for all his clubs (though he sees himself as a central midfielder, perhaps in a Ciaran Toner stylee), so I certainly wouldn't say he's been playing out of position.

Anyway, I just don't understand where the whole "Serge doesn't track back" theory comes from? In the games I've seen him play this season, he certainly did his fair share of defensive work and often needed to be back using his pace to help out when Ridley was playing at left-back.

Don't forget the stats. In the three games Townsend and Makofo have started together on our left, Serge has scored 4 goals!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 47
cod.gtfc
February 22, 2012, 1:16pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +31 / -14
Approval: -1
Not Serge!

Am I right in thinking his last game for us was against Luton? and since then we havn't lost a single game (except after extra time) that's good enough reason for him not to play imo

edit: just looked and he also started the Bath and Newport games which were bad draws, so I shall let him off slightly!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 47
RoboCod
February 22, 2012, 1:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Think his last game was Port Vale in the FA Cup, where he scored the winner ? That's when his injury occurred.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 47
cleefish
February 22, 2012, 1:44pm
L:incoln
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +10 / -4
Approval: +6
GIVE the lad a chance imho he as always given his all  him and young Townsend have had a good set of games together. UTMM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 47
mr viv
February 22, 2012, 2:14pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Serge without doubt. As the case when garner artus and silk got a chance they stood up and took it....this is the next one who has been waiting again for his oppurtunity can he grab it with both hands? play well perhaps score a goal we win...... your in son......simples!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 47
Garth
February 22, 2012, 2:35pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Serge for me he deserves a chance, no playing around with a winning formation please if it aint broke dont fix it-----just a little Serge repair maybe
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 47
newfootballer
February 22, 2012, 3:40pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +378
I am available height 5ft.3ins left sided player played nearly four hundred games for Town, the legs might be a little worn but the distribution of the ball will be sound I can assure you.

Yes seriously we need to have a genuine left sided player for these important games that are coming on our doorstep.
NEWFOOTBALLER
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 47
Grantham_Mariner
February 22, 2012, 5:46pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,221
Gold Stars: 52
As Arthur, Soares, Hughs-Mason & Miller are cup tied, Elding suspended and Artus injured.

If we play:-
McKeown - Silk - Garner - Pearson - Townsend - Coulson - Disley - Thanoj - Makofo, Hearn & Duffy againat York.

That leaves...  Wood, Southwell, Church & I'Anson as four of the five subs. So who will be the fifth?

The only other player available that has been on the bench this season is Freeman, will it be him or someone else?

P.S.  Sorry Dave it won't be you!

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Left midfield for Saturday?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.