This thread currently has 3,181 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
STB
February 22, 2012, 5:20pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Quoted from gtfcnewman

that statisic is useless...and this is why...

population of wigan = 80,000
average attendance = 20,000

does that mean 1/4 attends home games?

think about it  

As far as revenue is concerned, that statistic does matter.
Away fans may bring a lot of revenue but as far as investors are concerned, Wigan are worth putting money in to.
In our and Fleetwood's case, most of the fans are local apart from the odd freak away support due to local derbies etc.
I think if we made the right cuts and modifications to our main expenses, we'd probably be about 750-1000 fans per game away from being a viable going concern.
Long term sustainability is the first goal - some teams have achieved this by shrewd investment and/or friendly local benefactors, some have had a 'night of the long knives' by going into admin and coming out the other side with new people and fresh ideas and some have just been  . . . erm . . . Pompey or Darlo!
Hopefully, GTFC can work towards and arrive at the required levels to work as a business again.
I remember Wigan being a small club in the 4th tier of English football and nobody willing to invest in Hull City because they would always be a badly supported football club in a rugby city.
Getting the right companies and individuals associated with the football club for sponsorships or marketing plans could help us reach our financial targets especially while there is a buzz about the club football wise.

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 29
salmon1620
February 23, 2012, 1:08am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Quoted from Tommy
Can't wait till we go to over there to the fake Highbury, show them what a crowd is, outsing them and smash them on the pitch.

Think I might take my Harry Haddock too. Cod my bottom.

is that like you have done in all 3 games you have played us       2-1 3-0 2-0
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 29
GYinScuntland
February 23, 2012, 1:34am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
Quoted from Tommy
Can't wait till we go to over there to the fake Highbury, show them what a crowd is, outsing them and smash them on the pitch.

Think I might take my Harry Haddock too. Cod my bottom.

Sure the original Harry inflatable circa plough Lane was a rainbow trout, might be wrong though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 29
Wrawby_Mariner
February 23, 2012, 2:05am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from STB
Fleetwood population of 26,840 average attendance of 1,827 = 6.8% of population.
Grimsby population of 87,574 average attendance of 3,236 = 3.7% of population.

Unfortunately, it is us who have the poor support and I haven't included Cleethorpes which would've made our figures much worse.

26,840 was at the 2001 census . . .I would have thought it would be somewhat higher 11 years on
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 23 - 29
bladerunnner
February 23, 2012, 9:00am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +22 / -10
Quoted from GYinScuntland

Sure the original Harry inflatable circa plough Lane was a rainbow trout, might be wrong though.

the irony that harry haddock is in fact a rainbow trout is lost on some of the supposedly "fish experts" of grimsby
.nothing could look less like a haddock than that trout thingy they keep digging out.
to represent the town we should be travelling to away games with inflatable syringes and methadone bottles

irony................its a bit like brassy,only made from iron!   (baldrick,blackadder)
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 29
cmackenzie4
February 23, 2012, 9:12am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.22
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from bladerunnner

the irony that harry haddock is in fact a rainbow trout is lost on some of the supposedly "fish experts" of grimsby
.nothing could look less like a haddock than that trout thingy they keep digging out.
to represent the town we should be travelling to away games with inflatable syringes and methadone bottles

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 29
GtfcGarner
February 23, 2012, 4:35pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,810
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from salmon1620

is that like you have done in all 3 games you have played us       2-1 3-0 2-0

If your a fleetwood fan with a name of Salmon when your inbred sort is famous for cod then you must be stupid. Lets be realistic at BP at the start of the year was hardly a football match from your bunch was it? More of a rugby or wrestling match. Some may argue and say win at whatever cost but i prefer to play nice attractive football not be a thuggish team who can't play football.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 29
aaron rattray
February 23, 2012, 6:33pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

26,840 was at the 2001 census . . .I would have thought it would be somewhat higher 11 years on

if fleetwoods population has got higher in these 11 years so has ours i imagine

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 29
Paris Mariner
February 23, 2012, 7:49pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Quoted from MyDogsThoughts

Last season we took over 600 but the team forgot to turn up: I never went to another game that season because of the way we played that day, they didn't give a sh1t.

The trams weren't running either, always fancied going to watch THE TOWN on a tram!

You could have done that at Rotherham away a few seasons ago when they were playing at the Don Valley!

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 28 - 29
TWAreaTownSupporter
February 24, 2012, 12:05am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +1
Quoted from aaron rattray

if fleetwoods population has got higher in these 11 years so has ours i imagine

Think Grimsby's pop s declined but can't be arsed to check.

The only important stats will be points on April 28 and goals for and against on 20th May.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 29
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fleetwoods attendance

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.