jock dock tower
November 6, 2011, 11:31am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Quoted from paddymariners

Gradi is 70!

A year older than both Trappatoni and Ferguson. BTW, am not English, just thought the possibility might get a few replies that stimulated decent debate on the matter. If England are to really invest in youth at international level then surely someone with a proven track record should warrant consideration? I know Gradi would never get the job, but his skills should be a blueprint, surely, for anyone with long term planning in mind for the England team? What others have said about moderately successful English managers is true, reliance on foreign imports is always going to ahve a negative effect on the national team?

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 48
grimsby pete
November 6, 2011, 11:40am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.78
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,840
Gold Stars: 222
If England are going to appoint an Englishman ,

I would not mind seeing Stuart Pearce get the job,

For no other reason than I like him.

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 48
Manchester Mariner
November 6, 2011, 12:02pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,822
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from Port vale

But Redknapp is getting Spurs to play tidy football because he has the likes of Luca Mdric and Rafael Van Der Vart in the middle of the park..

Harry can buy who he likes for Spurs and he can only work with what hes got at England. At the end of the day England are not a good side and will not win anything for years and years to come im certain.

Spot on. I dont see Redknapp being the solution at all, he's a decent club manager but you cant deny that his two big wins(winning Portsmouth the cup and getting Spurs into the champions league)were built around vast ammounts of money(or credit cards at Portsmouth) spent on mostly foreign players. His recent health issues have got to be considered too surely? I think its a bigger job than just getting a new manager anyway, the whole set up needs to be changed from player development upwards.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 48
BiloLCFC
November 6, 2011, 12:22pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +23 / -1
The Ingerlund mob would hate it because it'd be another foreign manager but Guus Hiddink fits the bill for me.

Proven at international level, speaks fluent English unlike the incumbent, knows English football from his time at Chelsea and is well respected in the game.

I can't see 'Arry making a success of it unfortunately.

[img]http://m0.ttxm.co.uk/images/feeds/pa/news/2011/05/18/460x259/N0537981305713203727A.jpg[/img]
When You're Smiling...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 48
codhead91
November 6, 2011, 12:40pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / -2
In an ideal world (for me at least) Gus Hiddink would be the next England manager. Proven track record of getting results with International teams that seem way beyond their limits. South Korea to the 2002 WC Semis as an obvious example. He did well with Russia also.

In terms of English managers, the best one out there at the moment has to be Alan Pardew. This is by no means an endorsement for him to be the next National boss, but he has done wonders at Newcastle in what appear to be very difficult circumstances.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 48
mariner91
November 6, 2011, 1:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,822
Gold Stars: 264
The only thing Scotland produces of great quality (in footballing circles anyway) is managers. Unfortunately, I doubt very much any of them would want to manage England. And I'm also certain that large amounts of INGERLUND fans would hate it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 48
aaron rattray
November 6, 2011, 1:42pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
alan sherear

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 48
Abdul19
November 6, 2011, 1:45pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.40
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,629
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from aaron rattray
alan sherear

At least it would get the cunt off motd.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 48
Wrawby_Mariner
November 6, 2011, 1:58pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Abdul19

At least it would get the cunt off motd.

Is Mike Bassett available??

Allardyce or Stuart Pearce for me
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 18 - 48
BiloLCFC
November 6, 2011, 8:41pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Alan Shearer must be the only man to have as many relegations as weeks in management on his CV.

Not a chance in hell.

[img]http://m0.ttxm.co.uk/images/feeds/pa/news/2011/05/18/460x259/N0537981305713203727A.jpg[/img]
When You're Smiling...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 48
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Next England manager

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.