Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › We ARE worse than last year !!!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 76 Guests

We ARE worse than last year !!!

This thread currently has 4,483 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Koggmaster
October 22, 2011, 6:10pm

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: -3
When you do a comparison with the first 18 games of last season we are worse under Shouty and shorty !

Points Total  - Neil Woods had 25 points after 18 games. Shouty and Shorty have 20 !
We've conceded more goals under the chuckle brothers than with Neil Woods and the final Nail in the coffin is that attendances are massively down from last year !

It seems unbelievable to me that some people who were screaming for Neil Woods to be sacked so early on in his first full season as boss are quite happy and willing to stick up for these two jokers when they are shittier than Woods !!

For comparison on how we're doing all we can really do is check where we where last season and i'm sorry but it's unmitigated proof that we really are going backwards !!!!
UTM    

Avast, me proud beauty! Would ya mind if I fired me cannon through your porthole !!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
October 22, 2011, 6:13pm
Guest User
Quoted from Koggmaster
When you do a comparison with the first 18 games of last season we are worse under Shouty and shorty !

Points Total  - Neil Woods had 25 points after 18 games. Shouty and Shorty have 20 !
We've conceded more goals under the chuckle brothers than with Neil Woods and the final Nail in the coffin is that attendances are massively down from last year !

It seems unbelievable to me that some people who were screaming for Neil Woods to be sacked so early on in his first full season as boss are quite happy and willing to stick up for these two jokers when they are shittier than Woods !!

For comparison on how we're doing all we can really do is check where we where last season and i'm sorry but it's unmitigated proof that we really are going backwards !!!!
UTM    

No excrement Sherlock.
Reply: 1 - 48
ROKERITE
October 22, 2011, 6:19pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +425
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Koggmaster

UTM    

What is unbelievable about it?
Woods took Grimsby out of the league and then floundered in The BSP. Woods had no previous managerial period with which to compare and contrast, his only time in management is his failure at Blundell Park. H&S have an excellent record at both their previous clubs. It cannot be denied that their time at Grimsby has been disappointing so far, but it's still well under a year since they arrived. If a year from now there's no improvement it may be time to start wondering whether a change might be called for.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 48
October 22, 2011, 6:24pm
Guest User
I'm no fan of the way the results have gone but to be fair, I'm not jumping onto any bandwagon or joining a hater club of whoever is in charge of the Club . End of this season, start of next season I might consider slagging off our managers wanting them out, but far too soon atm!
Reply: 3 - 48
voice of reason
October 22, 2011, 6:26pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from ROKERITE

What is unbelievable about it?
Woods took Grimsby out of the league and then floundered in The BSP. Woods had no previous managerial period with which to compare and contrast, his only time in management is his failure at Blundell Park. H&S have an excellent record at both their previous clubs. It cannot be denied that their time at Grimsby has been disappointing so far, but it's still well under a year since they arrived. If a year from now there's no improvement it may be time to start wondering whether a change might be called for.

In the grounds of fairness both management teams should be judged once they had signed their own players and had a full pre-season... Now if NW was a failure, these 2 are a disaster...

Previous management successes aren't going to gt us out of the shite they've created are they...???

I think it's become apparent that these 2 are good semi pro managers but when it comes to running a full time club, they are, erm, not very good...

Anyway why should we give them another year...??? Because you deem that to be fair...??? Well i'm sorry they said 15 games, they've had that and they are still as shite this season as they was with NW players at the end of last season...

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 48
grimsby pete
October 22, 2011, 6:28pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.78
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,836
Gold Stars: 222
Don't fotget Woods went 25 games without a win at the start of his spell in charge,

H  + S   have won 6 of their first 18 games,  

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 48
Koggmaster
October 22, 2011, 6:41pm

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: -3
Quoted from grimsby pete
Don't fotget Woods went 25 games without a win at the start of his spell in charge,

Agreed but that was with the absolute pish that Newell had left him !!

There can be no doubt that when Woods had asembled his team for his first season in charge they were performing better in the league than the circus troop we are having to watch under Coco and Crusty !!!

Avast, me proud beauty! Would ya mind if I fired me cannon through your porthole !!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 48
October 22, 2011, 7:28pm
Guest User
They are clearly out of there depth but sacking them now would be crazy, there would have to be another pay off and theres still the fee to boston thats still needs to be paid,  So for me its a case of stick with what we've got reluctantly, and hope for the best until either their contract runs out or they decide to walk. but If at anytime from now we slip into the relegaton zone then the panic button needs to be pressed.
Reply: 7 - 48
grimsby pete
October 22, 2011, 7:44pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.78
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,836
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from 2578
They are clearly out of there depth but sacking them now would be crazy, there would have to be another pay off and theres still the fee to boston thats still needs to be paid,  So for me its a case of stick with what we've got reluctantly, and hope for the best until either their contract runs out or they decide to walk. but If at anytime from now we slip into the relegaton zone then the panic button needs to be pressed.

If we can not agree a fee with Boston,

Why can't we just send them back. ?  

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 48
gtfc71
October 22, 2011, 8:11pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +8
Quoted from grimsby pete

Hang on Pete, if we're going to quote stats let's make sure they're comparable! If you're going to give a stat for Neil Woods from his start as a manager you have to do the same for Paul Hurst and Rob Scott.

Rob Hurst and Paul Scott won 5 of their first 18 games in charge (2 in 10 last season and 3 from 8 this).

A valid comparison is either GTFC career comparison;

Neil Woods 18 wins in 71 matches - win percentage of 25.35%
Paul Hurst and Rob Scott 8 wins in 28 matches - win percentage of 28.57%

Or 'with their own squads';

Neil Woods 12 wins in 32 matches - 37.5%
Paul Hurst and Rob Scott 6 wins in 18 matches - 33.33%

Obviously, if you're a Neil Woods fan you would look at loss percentage because of the number of draws he had.

GTFC career;

Neil Woods 24 defeats in 71 matches - 33.80%
Paul Hurst and Rob Scott 14 defeats in 28 matches - 50%

'own squad'

Neil Woods 8 defeats in 32 matches - 25%
Paul Hurst and Rob Scott 10 defeats in 18 matches - 55.56%

Right, now I've done my statto impression if anyone wants me I'll be talking to the plant in the corner  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 48
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › We ARE worse than last year !!!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.