Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › GTST - The Next Chapter
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 9 Guests

GTST - The Next Chapter

This thread currently has 29,130 views. Print
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
craigy
September 28, 2011, 3:37pm
Upper Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +92
what time would the meeting be on saturday as i will be making my way home from skeggy early morning?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 179
Grim_Exile
September 28, 2011, 3:50pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Quoted from craigy
what time would the meeting be on saturday as i will be making my way home from skeggy early morning?

Hi craigy - did you get the PM that I sent you?

Emma

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 179
1mickylyons
September 28, 2011, 5:25pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,393
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from tarka

If there has been infighting I certainly haven't witnessed it....and as far as criticism of the Club is concerned I am not aware of any!  There certainly needs to be a number of new faces on the Board and thanks for the vote of confidence but I would suggest we have a perfectly good Chair as it is!

Well in view of  the position of the club on and off the field maybe an awful lot of fans myself included wished the Trust had spoken out about certain things that have gone on Dave?One specific thing for me was the Radio Humberside debacle the fans got a raw deal and definately should have had proper answers from JF and others regarding the poor alternative that was Compass Fm.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 179
1mickylyons
September 28, 2011, 5:29pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Drinkells Boot
But not everyone likes the current GTST chair. You would be the most popular choice Tarka. If the trust are to be taken seriously there needs to be a total regime change.

Why would he and says who?No offence to Dave or Emma but whilst they may well be the best available candidates how will we know til a meeting has taken place and those present decide what course of action they wish to take to move things forward?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 179
Grim_Exile
September 28, 2011, 5:59pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Why would he and says who?No offence to Dave or Emma but whilst they may well be the best available candidates how will we know til a meeting has taken place and those present decide what course of action they wish to take to move things forward?

Just for the avoidance of any doubt whatsoever, as soon as someone else indicates their willingness to take the Chair (and people are happy with that choice), I will happily vacate the seat.  I still feel passionate about the principle of supporter representation and will always provide the Trust with as much support as I am able, however I am not longer in a position to be the 'figurehead' (as it were).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 179
1mickylyons
September 28, 2011, 6:09pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Grim_Exile

Just for the avoidance of any doubt whatsoever, as soon as someone else indicates their willingness to take the Chair (and people are happy with that choice), I will happily vacate the seat.  I still feel passionate about the principle of supporter representation and will always provide the Trust with as much support as I am able, however I am not longer in a position to be the 'figurehead' (as it were).

I heard 80s has 54% of the GTST shares but doesnt want the job either Emma is that fact or fiction?Ps i in no way wished to undermine either yourself or Dave for work previous in my post Emma i was just trying to point out that an influx of new people might want a slightly different agenda in terms of fan representation.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 179
tarka
September 28, 2011, 6:17pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +895
Gold Stars: 29
Well I have to say that's a pity Emma because you've always shown leadership and enthusiasm both
before and after you took the Chair. I'm delighted that you will continue to help as best you can though.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 86 - 179
tarka
September 28, 2011, 6:19pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from 1mickylyons

I heard 80s has 54% of the GTST shares but doesnt want the job either Emma is that fact or fiction?Ps i in no way wished to undermine either yourself or Dave for work previous in my post Emma i was just trying to point out that an influx of new people might want a slightly different agenda in terms of fan representation.

I think we would both agree with you on that one...but just as importantly a Trust doesn't just run itself. The Board need help!
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 87 - 179
80sglory
September 28, 2011, 6:55pm
Guest User
Quoted from 1mickylyons
I heard 80s has 54% of the GTST shares but doesnt want the job either Emma is that fact or fiction?

In all sincerity are you being serious ?
To be clear I've have absolutely no involvement with GTST or anything to do with anyone involved with GTST until I've recently spoke to them on this messageboard.

I'm simply a supporter who perhaps like you, thinks their interests could be better represented.

Who is telling you these bizarre things or is it tongue in cheek ?  
Reply: 88 - 179
tarka
September 28, 2011, 7:20pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from 1600

In all sincerity are you being serious ?
To be clear I've have absolutely no involvement with GTST or anything to do with anyone involved with GTST until I've recently spoke to them on this messageboard.

I'm simply a supporter who perhaps like you, thinks their interests could be better represented.

Who is telling you these bizarre things or is it tongue in cheek ?  

lol...to use your own words....you dibstick!!!

Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 89 - 179
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › GTST - The Next Chapter

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.