Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › GTST - The Next Chapter
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 12 Guests

GTST - The Next Chapter

This thread currently has 29,128 views. Print
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
80sglory
September 28, 2011, 12:38am
Guest User
Quoted from barralad

This is becoming like pulling teeth....

Informal in the fact that the intention of the meeting is to see whether any new blood wishes to move the Trust forward out of its recent period of stagnation. The basis of the meeting being that people may have views that are very different to those that were prevalent when the Trust was set up. As Emma is the Trust Chairperson being duly elected to the post under the rules then it is natural that she holds the position of chair of a TRUST meeting.
I'm truly sorry you appear to be having such difficulty grasping this somewhat basic fact.

Any difficulty I've had is because of YOU who can't answer with a simple YES when I ask:
"So it's an official GTST meeting.........?"

Of course you can have an "informal meeting" under GTST rules !  
But with regards to meetings, informal generally means "not formal" - i.e. not formal proceedings i.e. not under official GTST rules !!!

What YOU'VE adpoted it to mean is "have a chat and a bit of a laff " !   

With all due respect I don't give a flying toss - I wanted to know what actual RULES the meeting was operating under.

So don't be so pompous in your wrongful assumptions - YOU'RE the one who can't wrap your brain round the bleedin' obvious !  

Or if you seriously think I was implying people couldn't have a laugh or a joke then try not assuming everyone is as big a killjoy as yourself.

My guess is you're just trying to twist things to be as difficult as humanly possible.

Quoted from Chris
I've come to the conclusion that he's just a wind up merchant.

I've come to the conclusion you've got your tongue firmly down Fenty's trousers.

Quoted from ginnywings
Me too.No one can be that moronic.

Says you who threw the most ridiculous hissy fit when I gave you negative feedback for your football comments.  
Reply: 70 - 179
Will Haddock
September 28, 2011, 1:17am

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: -32
My goodness. 80's, if you're determined not to attend then why bang on about it. If you want to know more about the Trust, the issues to be discussed, and the democratic workings, then go  along and ask questions in a civilised manner. I think it's unreasonable to expect anyone to have all the answers at this stage when the Trust has been dormant for so long. No one says you have to be a member to go to the meeting.

<*((((((><  
<*((((((><  
<*((((((><  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 179
80sglory
September 28, 2011, 3:48am
Guest User
Will,

I hear what you're saying and see your view but I'll tell you exactly why.

There are wider issues at stake than little old ME.

What if I there are hundreds or even thousands of other GTFC supporters who might be willing to participate, donate, vote or become a member to a cause in the future, but aren't willing or able to do what GTST are currently asking or might ask them to do ?

Let's face facts, I might be viewed as a "pain up the @rse" but it's not just ME that hasn't been persuaded to participate is it ?

The issue is about whether GTST/those willing can persuade their target customers i.e. the dormant supporters to make it a success.
Like it or not, as a potential customer I'm not convinced and I won't buy a ticket to the grand-ball until I'm persuaded.

This whole attitude of "It's down to the supporters to show willing" is missing the whole point.

You wouldn't hear a business say :

"We've done our bit, now it's down to the customers to make the business work" would you ?

or

"If you don't like it, you can **** off !"

Errr.....    

I hope you see my point.

Quoted from Will Haddock
If you want to know more about the Trust, the issues to be discussed, and the democratic workings, then go  along and ask questions in a civilised manner. I think it's unreasonable to expect anyone to have all the answers at this stage when the Trust has been dormant for so long. No one says you have to be a member to go to the meeting.

2 words - CUSTOMER SERVICE. (not blaming you just an example !)

Anyway don't worry about me or several others - we won't be attending or banging on about it.

A shame or not ?

Take if from someone who has tried and failed (so far) to persuade supporters to save their money, that's it not a case of blaming people, it's whether you can sell and market the idea to them.

The cold hard facts are that the customer doesn't need to do or prove a god damn thing...
Reply: 72 - 179
tarka
September 28, 2011, 8:18am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +895
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from Drinkells Boot
Obviously a lot of people on here have shown a dislike to GTST in the past. There have been rumours of infighting and a lot of fair and unfair criticism of the Club from some of the GTST board members. If the GTST are going to move forward can I suggest a complete overall of the board members and a new democratically elected chairman. Dave Otter would be my candidate.  

If there has been infighting I certainly haven't witnessed it....and as far as criticism of the Club is concerned I am not aware of any!  There certainly needs to be a number of new faces on the Board and thanks for the vote of confidence but I would suggest we have a perfectly good Chair as it is!

Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 73 - 179
Drinkells Boot
September 28, 2011, 10:22am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: -1
But not everyone likes the current GTST chair. You would be the most popular choice Tarka. If the trust are to be taken seriously there needs to be a total regime change.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 179
tarka
September 28, 2011, 10:24am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +895
Gold Stars: 29
lol...there's a couple on here who don't like me much either!!
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 75 - 179
mariner 65
September 28, 2011, 10:38am

Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
I move to grimbsy on friday so count me in

we are town we do what we want
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 179
Will Haddock
September 28, 2011, 2:25pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: -32
80's. I take your reasoning, and understand your frustrations - but as Emma has pointed out, it's not easy to coherently discuss everything on here as people aren't online 24/7, and not everyone that might want to attend will be a regular on any of the message boards.

I think arranging a get together and pinning a date and time to it allows people to come together, which is the first hurdle. Then all voices can be heard, and questions asked, to determine what purpose the Trust should have.

Rome wasn't built in a day, and following this meeting hopefully there will be a clearer picture, then the "undecided's" can review their stance and decide whether to support the Trust (not necessarily by buying a membership) or not.

Everyone has lots of questions, and until a consensus of opinion is formed, no-one has any answers. To use your analogy of Customer Service, the Trust hasn't decided whether it's a market stall, a corner shop, or a wannabe supermarket, let alone what it's going to sell, so please, bide your time, and comment constructively on any proposals that come to light in the next week or so.

Up the Mariners!

<*((((((><  
<*((((((><  
<*((((((><  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 179
marinerian
September 28, 2011, 2:43pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +33 / -16
Approval: +15
I would like to help and have sent you a pm Emma.

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 179
80sglory
September 28, 2011, 3:19pm
Guest User
Quoted from Will Haddock
Rome wasn't built in a day, and following this meeting hopefully there will be a clearer picture, then the "undecided's" can review their stance and decide whether to support the Trust (not necessarily by buying a membership) or not.

Everyone has lots of questions, and until a consensus of opinion is formed, no-one has any answers. To use your analogy of Customer Service, the Trust hasn't decided whether it's a market stall, a corner shop, or a wannabe supermarket, let alone what it's going to sell, so please, bide your time, and comment constructively on any proposals that come to light in the next week or so.

Up the Mariners!

Good points, I agree.
Nice to have a fair and mature debate with someone that's open-minded.
Best of luck.
Reply: 79 - 179
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › GTST - The Next Chapter

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.