Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lack of goals!
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 70 Guests

Lack of goals!

This thread currently has 2,056 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Mariners_15
August 29, 2011, 4:59pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +17 / -4
Approval: +538
Gold Stars: 1
Really worried by this lack of firepower! I know we played well and deserved something out the match, but the same can be said for Fleetwood, Darlo and today but if we have no one to put the chances away then I really fear for the season. Liam Hearn was meant to be our new goalscorer, don't mean to crititicise him too early but the lad can't read the game.

Need a goalscorer quickly..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Dan
August 29, 2011, 5:02pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
It should be so simple though. 433 is shoving Hearn out on the left, when surely as a prolific striker he should be in the center. It's also leaving gaps which are being exploited down the wings.

I think anyone can see we need to go 442, with Eagle on the left wing, Coulson on the right. Church and Artus in the middle, and Hearn and one of Duffy or Elding up top. Makofo flatters to deceive, stick him on the bench and bring him on with 20 minutes left so his pace can frighten tired defences.

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 19
Mariners_15
August 29, 2011, 5:04pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +17 / -4
Approval: +538
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Dan
It should be so simple though. 433 is shoving Hearn out on the left, when surely as a prolific striker he should be in the center.

I think anyone can see we need to go 442, with Eagle on the left, Coulson on the right. Church and Artus in the middle, and Hearn and one of Duffy or Elding up top. Makofo flatters to deceive, stick him on the bench and bring him on with 20 minutes left so his pace can frighten tired defences.

Fully agree mate but couldn't believe it against Darlo, just didn't read the game at all. Looks low on confidence as well though which doesn't help!

Styche should have been the main target in the summer when Connell left.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 19
Perkins
August 29, 2011, 5:09pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from Dan
It should be so simple though.

I think anyone can see we need to go 442, with Eagle on the left wing, Coulson on the right. Church and Artus in the middle, and Hearn and one of Duffy or Elding up top. Makofo flatters to deceive, stick him on the bench and bring him on with 20 minutes left so his pace can frighten tired defences.

Agree totally about Eagle. Won't be long before the lad gets that pi*sed off at not even getting a place on the bench and wants away. Must be bloody disheartening for him, (and me) not getting a look in when we can all see that he should be playing.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 19
mariner91
August 29, 2011, 5:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,838
Gold Stars: 264
Quoted from Dan
It should be so simple though. 433 is shoving Hearn out on the left, when surely as a prolific striker he should be in the center. It's also leaving gaps which are being exploited down the wings.

Why on earth would you drop Disley?!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 19
Dan
August 29, 2011, 5:21pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
I meant Disley! oopps

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 19
cod.gtfc
August 29, 2011, 5:21pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +31 / -14
Approval: -1
You think its bad that we can't score? Imagine how Fleetwood feel, they have scored 3 in 6 games (2 against us). How many people here would have been happy signing Brodie, Mangan, Viera and now Vardy?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 19
RoboCod
August 29, 2011, 5:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from cod.gtfc
You think its bad that we can't score? Imagine how Fleetwood feel, they have scored 3 in 6 games (2 against us). How many people here would have been happy signing Brodie, Mangan, Viera and now Vardy?

I can't imagine the reaction if we lost 1-0 at home to Alfreton but that's exactly what happended to York.

This isn't an football division it's a footballing freakshow  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 19
Tommy
August 29, 2011, 5:33pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,869
Gold Stars: 76
Yeah Eagle needs to be back in the team and we need to go 4-4-2. He is a clever player and creates chances for others as well as being more than capable of putting chances away himself.

I'd consider playing Makofo on the right wing and using Coulson as a striker up front with Duffy/Spencer/Elding as well. Coulson has a very good shot on him and with his head-down and run towards goal direct style, I think he could be prolific up front.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 19
ginnywings
August 29, 2011, 5:54pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
I don't think Eagle would make a lot of difference to be honest.I think you all want him in just because he isn't,so you're seeing him as the saviour.Too slow and lightweight for this league in my opinion.

Also don't think Coulson is the answer either.He has one way of taking chances and that's to hit the ball as hard as he possibly can.Never tries to place the ball as far as i can see.It comes off sometimes but like Saturdays chance,not often enough.

Elding and Hearn have a lot of goals between them and they will score goals i think.We need a bit of luck and confidence to grow.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 19
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lack of goals!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.