Private Message
Marinerz93
July 20, 2011, 8:39am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Ridders is a solid left back, a good pro and he could do a job at league 2 level. So if the Scunts are genuinely interested then it will be because they are planning for life in League 2 or at a push just below mid table in league 1. Ridders hasn't been League 1 player for a few seasons now and is on that downward slope regarding recovering from injuries and speed.

I said before Wharton announced that is he was looking to leave due to health reasons and was mocked by ironsmiler.  So with my reliable source as he is now proven, the players going into Glumford Trailer Park aren't going to be money players but players who will be committed for a basic wage.  The honeymoon period is well and truly over for the Scunts and I know a few that are very miffed with their attempt at Championship football.

Wharton knows that job losses at Corus are going to effect their gates and with further losses coming in the next few years due to Environmental issues with the plant and the costs associated with their license to pollute, their gates will drop even further.  Although the steel works is a major employer any job losses won't be anywhere near what Grimsby had to go through over the years with decimation of the fishing industry.  You only have to look at other steel works in the UK to see were the industry is going, this is down to labour, material (labour and extraction), UK Environmental costs of licenses and fines for breaching licenses and taxes.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 15
VictorMeldrewsDad
July 20, 2011, 1:25pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Is that yes or no?    

I will never forget where I was the day Kennedy was stabbed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 15
oldun
July 20, 2011, 1:29pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Why would they want Ridley?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 15
mariner91
July 20, 2011, 1:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,921
Gold Stars: 264
Surely that is bullshit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 15
Kris2
July 20, 2011, 2:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,636
Gold Stars: 136
I would laugh so much if they signed him.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 15
ruraliron
July 20, 2011, 3:00pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Quoted from Marinerz93
Ridders is a solid left back, a good pro and he could do a job at league 2 level. So if the Scunts are genuinely interested then it will be because they are planning for life in League 2 or at a push just below mid table in league 1. Ridders hasn't been League 1 player for a few seasons now and is on that downward slope regarding recovering from injuries and speed.

I said before Wharton announced that is he was looking to leave due to health reasons and was mocked by ironsmiler.  So with my reliable source as he is now proven, the players going into Glumford Trailer Park aren't going to be money players but players who will be committed for a basic wage.  The honeymoon period is well and truly over for the Scunts and I know a few that are very miffed with their attempt at Championship football.

Wharton knows that job losses at Corus are going to effect their gates and with further losses coming in the next few years due to Environmental issues with the plant and the costs associated with their license to pollute, their gates will drop even further.  Although the steel works is a major employer any job losses won't be anywhere near what Grimsby had to go through over the years with decimation of the fishing industry.  You only have to look at other steel works in the UK to see were the industry is going, this is down to labour, material (labour and extraction), UK Environmental costs of licenses and fines for breaching licenses and taxes.

Can,t see him coming back here,most likely a wind up.By the way thanks for the social history lesson just to add one point,1968 total steel employees 27000,2011 down to 4000.Perhaps the steel industry hasw been hit just has hard as fishing!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 15
Fishfinger
July 20, 2011, 8:52pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +46 / -6
Approval: +144
Surely just a wind up by the scunts!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 15
Alfie
July 20, 2011, 9:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +22 / -11
Approval: +159
Quoted from Kris2
I would laugh so much if they signed him.

Why!?

He's one of the most solid, if not the best, full backs in this league and barring his tendency to injuries he'd be playing in the league.

Nothing in it but it truly amazes me why and how some Town fans can be against Ridley. Steady defender. Does the job and a massive improvement on Widdowson and Newey who were more eyecatching but dogshit defensively.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 15
bradzmilne
July 20, 2011, 9:22pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,437
Gold Stars: 30
exactly Alfie, sometimes people need to think about full backs, their main aim is to defend and added attacking ability IMO is just a luxuary

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 15
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › ridley

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.