Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Dear Players of Grimsby Town FC
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 17 Guests

Dear Players of Grimsby Town FC

This thread currently has 197,888 views. Print
68 Pages Prev ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Green27
November 18, 2009, 3:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +15 / -6
Approval: +888
Gold Stars: 12
From the Telegraph article

"players can go into Saturday's game against local rivals Lincoln with that awareness, and hopefully it will bring another 10 or 20 per cent out of them."

So we can at least expect a performance of about 15% to 25% on Saturday

By the way.

ROB: When is this going to be made a sticky?

We do the DN35 Podcast
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 490 - 676
dangtfc1
November 18, 2009, 3:34pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: +4
Quoted from Green27
From the Telegraph article

"players can go into Saturday's game against local rivals Lincoln with that awareness, and hopefully it will bring another 10 or 20 per cent out of them."

So we can at least expect a performance of about 15% to 25% on Saturday

By the way.

ROB: When is this going to be made a sticky?

Good question.

When we win the Champions League in 2024 (the oracle of FM predicted it), will the stickied thread be closed with a gushing letter of praise for the players?

The glass is half full!
UTMM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 491 - 676
RonMariner
November 18, 2009, 4:16pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,866
Gold Stars: 231
I wasn't at the Bath game which prompted this incredible rant, but I did go to Northampton on Saturday to watch what I am told was a great improvement in performance.

Put it this way.  At one point, after what seemed like hours of hopeless drudgery, I turned to my mate and said 'Oh no, my watch has stopped. It's still says quarter past three.'  To which he replied 'It is quarter past three.'

Honestly, I though it must be almost half time, but no, it had been a mere fifteen soporific minutes.

Mind you, to be fair,  the second half was a little better.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 492 - 676
theicenian
November 18, 2009, 4:57pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.98
Rep Score: +60 / -13
Approval: -1
Quoted from RonMariner
I wasn't at the Bath game which prompted this incredible rant, but I did go to Northampton on Saturday to watch what I am told was a great improvement in performance.

Put it this way.  At one point, after what seemed like hours of hopeless drudgery, I turned to my mate and said 'Oh no, my watch has stopped. It's still says quarter past three.'  To which he replied 'It is quarter past three.'

Honestly, I though it must be almost half time, but no, it had been a mere fifteen soporific minutes.

Mind you, to be fair,  the second half was a little better.

That made me chuckle.  I've done exactly the same thing at BP a number of times. Checking my watch against the scoreboard clock and the one underneath. This season the clock seems to standstill ensuring that the fans have to suffer the full ninety minutes and each minute seems to last 90 seconds.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 493 - 676
1mickylyons
November 18, 2009, 5:09pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,392
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from theicenian

That made me chuckle.  I've done exactly the same thing at BP a number of times. Checking my watch against the scoreboard clock and the one underneath. This season the clock seems to standstill ensuring that the fans have to suffer the full ninety minutes and each minute seems to last 90 seconds.

Im one of those daft supporters who seldom gives up til the final whistle but i think ive walked out once this season before the final whistle so spare a thought
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 494 - 676
0ld timer
November 18, 2009, 5:27pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +3
Quoted from Brownstuffyes

POO JAH is a very apt user alias for such an attention seeking, vile individual. Some, if not all of the content of that post is positively repugnant and should not get this or any level of coverage or support from decent minded people. It will only serve to further degenerate the fortunes of the club and confine a once half respected footballing 'also ran' to a fete of Maidstone, Scarborough, Boston or Gretna proportions. Is it not time for the so called supporters of GTFC to stop whining and put all of your money and efforts into buying Fenty out??? Then you can play with your own toy and not have to sit and watch the bigger boy breaking it.

ratherfed up or the bigeasy posting again i see
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 495 - 676
Brownstuffyes
November 18, 2009, 7:01pm

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
The content of poojah's post is dross and a sad indictment of the mentality of suporters of football clubs with nowhere to go but down. Negativity breeds negativity!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 496 - 676
Mingmariner
November 18, 2009, 7:03pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +7 / -1
The content of poojah's post is dross and a sad indictment of the mentality of suporters of football clubs with nowhere to go but down. Negativity breeds negativity!!!!

Defo Macca this.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 497 - 676
topuphere666
November 18, 2009, 7:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.18
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3

it was tongue in cheek, about a bad performance! and a very good read!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 498 - 676
Brownstuffyes
November 18, 2009, 7:04pm

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Quoted from 0ld timer

ratherfed up or the bigeasy posting again i see

You're barking up the wrong trouser leg. No alias other than Brownstuffyes.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 499 - 676
68 Pages Prev ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Dear Players of Grimsby Town FC

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.