Lincoln Mariner 56
April 27, 2024, 6:05pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,773
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Also does anyone know what this Tommy Robinson fanboy thing is with a small section of our fans? They were singing about him today and have a strange flag that says something like "we only kneel for Tommy Robinson"

It makes me feel a bit sick.

My generation sang out loud how we loved Harry Robert’s for killing two coppers. Don’t think many teenagers give too much thought to how cringeworthy a number of the songs are but a hell of a lot of us went through that stage in our lives. Most will grow up and like our era shake our heads at how stupid we were!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 41
RonMariner
April 27, 2024, 6:19pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,860
Gold Stars: 230
So Rob was right, 43 points was enough to stay up. I really thought we would need at least 46.

And so there were three teams worse than us after all.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 41
Chrisblor
April 27, 2024, 6:26pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +53 / -18
Approval: +8,969
Gold Stars: 242
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Also does anyone know what this Tommy Robinson fanboy thing is with a small section of our fans? They were singing about him today and have a strange flag that says something like "we only kneel for Tommy Robinson"

It makes me feel a bit sick.

While i'm not remotely a fan of the bloke it's great to see a group of out and proud town fans confidently exhibiting their sexuality 🌈

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 41
ginnywings
April 27, 2024, 6:49pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from RonMariner
So Rob was right, 43 points was enough to stay up. I really thought we would need at least 46.

And so there were three teams worse than us after all.

My brother said weeks ago that 43 points would be enough and he was correct. He went to Crewe and said after the game that we were safe whatever happened in our last two games.

FGR and Sutton back to their natural level.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 41
Lincoln Mariner 56
April 27, 2024, 7:17pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,773
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from ginnywings

My brother said weeks ago that 43 points would be enough and he was correct. He went to Crewe and said after the game that we were safe whatever happened in our last two games.

FGR and Sutton back to their natural level.

Yeah agree, good to get rid of two teams who have brought nothing to the EFL and we will not miss their transit van full of 12 fans visiting us next year.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 41
pontoonlew
April 27, 2024, 7:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,098
Gold Stars: 181
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Yeah agree, good to get rid of two teams who have brought nothing to the EFL and we will not miss their transit van full of 12 fans visiting us next year.

We’re losing Wrexham, Stockport, Mansfield & possibly Donny so standby for some terrible away numbers visiting BP next season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 41
Poojah
April 27, 2024, 7:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,830
Gold Stars: 1,521
Quoted from pontoonlew

We’re losing Wrexham, Stockport, Mansfield & possibly Donny so standby for some terrible away numbers visiting BP next season

More room for Town fans then, if we can just stop being so utterly shít as a league club.

Realistically, only really Bradford and Notts County likely to need the larger section of the Osmond of those definitely in League Two. Personally, I have a feeling Donny will fall short in the play-offs. Hope so, anyway, always has great away day potential with that big away end of theirs.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 41
Maringer
April 27, 2024, 7:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,679
Gold Stars: 189
To be fair to Sutton, they were in the league because they earned it, not because they spent loads more money than most of the other Conference teams. They were always going to struggle to stay in the League for very long, but didn't rely on sugar-daddies to get them promoted in the first place.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 41
Chrisblor
April 27, 2024, 7:52pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +53 / -18
Approval: +8,969
Gold Stars: 242
Quoted from pontoonlew

Chesterfield should sell out the Pontoon and Carlisle and Port Vale normally bring decent numbers away so it might not be that bad comparatively, especially if we get rid of MK Dons or Crawley through the playoffs.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 41
Limerick Mariner
April 27, 2024, 7:55pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,744
Gold Stars: 138
Quoted from Poojah

More room for Town fans then, if we can just stop being so utterly shít as a league club.

Realistically, only really Bradford and Notts County likely to need the larger section of the Osmond of those definitely in League Two. Personally, I have a feeling Donny will fall short in the play-offs. Hope so, anyway, always has great away day potential with that big away end of theirs.

And Chesterfield. But yes overall away numbers will be down.  We need to fill the Osmond ourselves.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 41
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back...Thank f..ck its over

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.