7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Croxton
April 28, 2024, 10:38am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,019
Gold Stars: 35

As an aged Exile STH, I would factor in transport costs against the cost of watching either a stream or Sky. Half the time I am visiting close family in Humberside anyhow so petrol is effectively free on those days.

I also like having priority on Away tickets and I have a good view on Row G in the Upper. On current available info I will be renewing with the likelihood that my seat would be released a few times perhaps.

I suspect I'm not the only one who will renew as an 'act of faith'  before the deadline and apply a suitable rationale afterwards!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 66
GrimRob
April 28, 2024, 11:29am

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,450
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from Mappers

There is almost certainly not going to be much clarity before the ST earlybird deadline as to when and how we will be affected .

A big reason for the early early bird deadline. I suspect the real hit of the new tv deal won't be felt until the following season in terms of season ticket sales. Everyone is used to basing their lives around 3pm kick offs. Having a mixture of different times is going to take some getting used to and inevitably the temptation just to watch it on TV is going to eat into match day attendance.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 41 - 66
neverapen
April 28, 2024, 12:07pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +128
Gold Stars: 1
I’ll still be renewing, im also an exile and usually visit family on match days so thats part of the day for me. I also started taking my 8 year old nephew this season and he’s clearly a glutton for punishment as he now wants a season ticket!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 66
Poojah
April 28, 2024, 12:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,858
Gold Stars: 1,522
Quoted from GrimRob

A big reason for the early early bird deadline. I suspect the real hit of the new tv deal won't be felt until the following season in terms of season ticket sales. Everyone is used to basing their lives around 3pm kick offs. Having a mixture of different times is going to take some getting used to and inevitably the temptation just to watch it on TV is going to eat into match day attendance.

See my note on the “thank fúck it’s over” thread. We’ll lose something like 6 or 7 out of 36 Saturday 3pm kick-offs across the course of the season, something not incomparable to when we would be on BT Sports in the National League. It will be absolutely fine.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 66
Zmariner
April 28, 2024, 1:17pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,131
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from Heisenberg
I’m renewing and can’t wait. 5000 ST holders, minimum.

Me too ,as long as we are in the EFL I will renew. Plenty of interesting games , contrast to the national league where most of the games you expect to win and can only lose a handful. Time for 3 up , 3 down. utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 66
GollyGTFC
April 28, 2024, 1:25pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,054
Gold Stars: 359
Quoted from Zmariner

Time for 3 up , 3 down. utm

What? From a league that can't even organise a play-offs without one of the teams getting kicked out and then changing the format at a couple of days notice?

3 up 3 down when the National League becomes League 3 and is incorporated into the EFL and not before.
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 45 - 66
GrimRob
April 28, 2024, 1:35pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,450
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from Poojah

See my note on the “thank fúck it’s over” thread. We’ll lose something like 6 or 7 out of 36 Saturday 3pm kick-offs across the course of the season, something not incomparable to when we would be on BT Sports in the National League. It will be absolutely fine.

We play 23 home league games, quite a few evening ones. Not sure what the break even is on an adult season ticket, but it's quite high, close to 20 games? I think BT sport games which were mainly away were generally in the evening. I think next season they are mainly going to be 1230 kick offs. Harder to get to if you have to travel and more of a challenge to have a pre match drink. Really hope you are right though.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 46 - 66
GollyGTFC
April 28, 2024, 1:35pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Poojah

It could be worse than that.

The average L1 & L2 side will "lose" 6 or 7 Saturday the kick-offs from the standard 29 Saturday match days.

How the kick-off times will vary across the other 6 Saturday match days is anyone's guess. The other 6 being the opening day, closing day and the 4 Saturday's in the FIFA International window. You would expect Sky to want EFL matches at 12:30 & 15:00 on both Saturdays and Sundays during the international break weekends for example. And with all the 3 EFL divisions finishing on the same weekend next season we can probably expect L2 to conclude at 17:30 after the Championship (12:30) and League One (15:00) have finished.

Don't be surprised if we end up with 10 non-3PM Saturday games from 35 "Saturday" match days over next season. Possibly more if we're doing well when the TV fixtures for the second half of the season are decided.
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 47 - 66
GollyGTFC
April 28, 2024, 1:38pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from GrimRob

We play 23 home league games, quite a few evening ones. Not sure what the break even is on an adult season ticket, but it's quite high, close to 20 games? I think BT sport games which were mainly away were generally in the evening. I think next season they are mainly going to be 1230 kick offs. Harder to get to if you have to travel and more of a challenge to have a pre match drink. Really hope you are right though.

The average L2 will have 23 home games next season split as follows...

1 - either opening or closing day.
2 - International Break weekend (out of 4)
14.5 - Normal Saturday (out of 29)
0.5 - Sunday 29th December (out of 1)
2 - Bank Holiday (out of 4)
3 - Tuesday nights (out of 6)
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 48 - 66
Poojah
April 28, 2024, 2:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,858
Gold Stars: 1,522
Quoted from GollyGTFC

It could be worse than that.

The average L1 & L2 side will "lose" 6 or 7 Saturday the kick-offs from the standard 29 Saturday match days.

How the kick-off times will vary across the other 6 Saturday match days is anyone's guess. The other 6 being the opening day, closing day and the 4 Saturday's in the FIFA International window. You would expect Sky to want EFL matches at 12:30 & 15:00 on both Saturdays and Sundays during the international break weekends for example. And with all the 3 EFL divisions finishing on the same weekend next season we can probably expect L2 to conclude at 17:30 after the Championship (12:30) and League One (15:00) have finished.

Don't be surprised if we end up with 10 non-3PM Saturday games from 35 "Saturday" match days over next season. Possibly more if we're doing well when the TV fixtures for the second half of the season are decided.

The EFL Q&A states that each League Two club will be broadcast a minimum of 16 times (the bulk of which will be existing non-Saturday 3pm kick-offs). Reaching that threshold for all clubs accounts for 77.4% of matches to be broadcast, with realistically a minimum of 4 or 5 will have been moved from a traditional Saturday slot.

Essentially, that leaves an additional 56 matches from which games might be moved. If all things were equal, that would mean somewhere in the region of 2 extra games per team on average. Granted that teams at the top end of the division are more likely to be picked than those lower down, I’d be really surprised if any one side ends up losing more than 8 regular Saturday fixtures to TV rearrangements, with 6 or 7 probably being the average across the division.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 66
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Season ticket prices frozen

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.