6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Theimperialcoroner
April 21, 2024, 12:53pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,254
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from barralad

Wilson suffered from what most strikers playing in poor teams suffer from- a lack of service. Not everyone needs to have a Danny Rose type workrate but yesterday (and the previous home game) most of his chances came from his own efforts. I really hope he stays. With the right support he's probably a 20 goal striker. The criticism of him on this thread reminds me of the similar stick one Danilo Orsi got last year. Remind me again how that turned out.

Perfectly put

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 57
headingly_mariner
April 21, 2024, 2:24pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,391
Gold Stars: 120
Wilson is decent. Big, strong, fairly quick and has scored a few goals. Would've been comfortably in double figures had he started more often.
The games he has played with Rose they have looked a decent pairing. Those two would be a good base to add another couple of signings to.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 57
Abdul19
April 21, 2024, 4:11pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,576
Gold Stars: 218
8 goals in 1294 League 2 minutes this season, can't grumble with that.

Also, how can he be a flat track bully when we're the fourth worst team in the division?!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 57
HertsGTFC
April 21, 2024, 4:17pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Abdul19
8 goals in 1294 League 2 minutes this season, can't grumble with that.

Also, how can he be a flat track bully when we're the fourth worst team in the division?!

Not doubting his ability which he seems to have plenty of, just his application. There should be no expectation every player should cover the yards Rose does but every player should be expected to get their foot in when required.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 57
Maringer
April 21, 2024, 6:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,642
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Wilson is decent. Big, strong, fairly quick and has scored a few goals. Would've been comfortably in double figures had he started more often.
The games he has played with Rose they have looked a decent pairing. Those two would be a good base to add another couple of signings to.

One thing he certainly isn't is big. I wouldn't say he's quick, either, though he's certainly not slow. He's strong on the ball if it comes straight into his feet as he can then often hold off the defender. If the pass isn't straight to him and he has to move for it, he loses possession more often than he should, in my opinion. Doesn't seem to anticipate the movement of the defenders and allows them to get their foot in or their body in the way.

I suspect he will be on his way in the summer. He was set to leave in January and I don't think we'll want him enough to see him stay, especially if he wants to move back down south as was rumoured. Wouldn't surprise me if he went back to Sutton, truth be told, providing they've got some reasonable funding next season. That said, the lure of League football is a big one for players and he's theoretically in the prime of his career right now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 57
RonMariner
April 21, 2024, 6:52pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,789
Gold Stars: 226
he seems decent, but I think all of our retention decisions should be based on one question; Can we get better? If no them keep whoever it is. if yes then don't.  It is all about improving what has been a demonstrably poor squad. After 45 games the table does not lie.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 57
chaos33
April 21, 2024, 7:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,974
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from Maringer

One thing he certainly isn't is big. I wouldn't say he's quick, either, though he's certainly not slow. He's strong on the ball if it comes straight into his feet as he can then often hold off the defender. If the pass isn't straight to him and he has to move for it, he loses possession more often than he should, in my opinion. Doesn't seem to anticipate the movement of the defenders and allows them to get their foot in or their body in the way.

I suspect he will be on his way in the summer. He was set to leave in January and I don't think we'll want him enough to see him stay, especially if he wants to move back down south as was rumoured. Wouldn't surprise me if he went back to Sutton, truth be told, providing they've got some reasonable funding next season. That said, the lure of League football is a big one for players and he's theoretically in the prime of his career right now.

He’ll probably sign for Crawley and score 18 goals next season.

He wants convincing to stay and coaching and he could be great for us next season. I’d definitely persevere with him.
I’d let go of  Pyke and Eisa and Gnahoua and bring 3 better forwards in to go with him and Rose.. I’d be more than happy with that.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 57
Maringer
April 21, 2024, 8:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,642
Gold Stars: 189
I like Gnahoua as he looks after the ball really well and has a lot of skill. Didn't perhaps achieve enough (when he was fit), but would probably have done better if we'd had a half-competent midfield most of the times he played. Same goes for any player, I suppose.

He strikes me as the sort of player that Artell should like but his injury record may rule out a new deal.

There's probably some sort of a player in Pyke, but it's certainly not a striker so I can't imagine he'll stay, especially as Artell hasn't played him, even though he should be fit again, I think? Another who has been crocked for most of the season. Eisa is a good time player, effective when things are going well, invisible when they aren't. Unless we're going to be a top team in the division next season with a dominant midfield, we don't want him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 57
Nelly GTFC
April 21, 2024, 8:52pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,752
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Maringer
I like Gnahoua as he looks after the ball really well and has a lot of skill. Didn't perhaps achieve enough (when he was fit), but would probably have done better if we'd had a half-competent midfield most of the times he played. Same goes for any player, I suppose.

He strikes me as the sort of player that Artell should like but his injury record may rule out a new deal.
H'mm, Hurst loves going after previous players he signed, I wonder if he will come in for Gnahoua and Eisa . . .

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> https://footballclubforums.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 57
davmariner
April 22, 2024, 12:14am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,959
Gold Stars: 79
Gnahoua I’m afraid to say has been a waste of a wage. He’s too injury prone and will be on his way.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 57
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.