April 6, 2024, 6:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,957
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from monkeyboy
No one had a bad shift today.
Feel for Wilson for as he should have had a couple but for their mom the keeper.

Good solid performances all round. Vernam made a big difference today putting them on the back foot early but Thompson my mom.

I thought the same about Wilson but I’ve just watched it back and it was really poor finishing from him. Keeper had it straight at him for each of his hat trick of sitters.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 54
RonMariner
April 6, 2024, 7:02pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,773
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from davmariner

I thought the same about Wilson but I’ve just watched it back and it was really poor finishing from him. Keeper had it straight at him for each of his hat trick of sitters.

But at least he was getting into scoring positions. If he keeps that up he will score at some point, and at least we had half a dozen shots on target today.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 54
LH
April 6, 2024, 7:03pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,557
Gold Stars: 174
A perfect day for us results wise. Thompson outstanding, everyone else brilliant though as were the fans. You could see that it meant a lot to DA at full time.

Bobby Madley with another good reffing perfomance at BP during a succesful relegation battle too. Last here, I think, when Mitch Rose knocked a penalty past a young Aaron Ramsdale in goal for Chesterfield.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 54
CSLM
April 6, 2024, 7:04pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +645
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from davmariner

Yeah I thought that at the time, especially the second one which he should've done much better with.

Smith looked decent and I think Mullarkey is actually looking like a reasonable player now.

If we can keep Vernam fit we have a top league 2 player on our hands, definitely has speed and ability beyond the rest of them.

Hopefully Artell can get a few more decent footballers in so we can move forward next year.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 54
davmariner
April 6, 2024, 7:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,957
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from LH
A perfect day for us results wise. Thompson outstanding, everyone else brilliant though as were the fans. You could see that it meant a lot to DA at full time.

Bobby Madley with another good reffing perfomance at BP during a succesful relegation battle too. Last here, I think, when Mitch Rose knocked a penalty past a young Aaron Ramsdale in goal for Chesterfield.

Was that Bobby Madley? I thought the ref was once again flipping horrendous today.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 54
pontoonlew
April 6, 2024, 7:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,079
Gold Stars: 178
At times this season it’s felt like we’ve got on the wrong end of every single fine margin possible. I didn’t see too much difference today from some of the other draws this season that have resulted in uproar, we could’ve easily drawn another one there after not burying our chances.

We deserved it though, pleased for Artell & the players.

Couple more points and we can write this season off as a shocker, but I really don’t think they’re the bunch of no hopers they’ve been accused of being. We desperately need some creativity in there though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 54
Bigwinn1975
April 6, 2024, 7:27pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: +81
About half way through the first half the Newport manager was raging at Danny Rose for something petty

The stare that Danny fixed him with was a thing to behold. Absolute class that man we are honoured to have him on the team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 54
pontoonlew
April 6, 2024, 7:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,079
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Bigwinn1975
About half way through the first half the Newport manager was raging at Danny Rose for something petty

The stare that Danny fixed him with was a thing to behold. Absolute class that man we are honoured to have him on the team.

Coughlan managed him at Mansfield, I presume there’s a bit of bad blood there
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 54
Running like emson
April 6, 2024, 7:48pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +285
Gold Stars: 8
Think Tharme also deserves a mention- he put in a hell of a shift today. Turning into a really astute signing
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 54
TownSNAFU5
April 6, 2024, 7:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,893
Gold Stars: 42
A 🌉keen Newport fan on the BBC match comments said that was as good as any performance that the had seen from any team this season.  He was baffled as to why we are in such a dire league position.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 54
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.