7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
DB
April 2, 2024, 5:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.46
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,042
Gold Stars: 390
I have just read the thread. It's very sad for him and my sympathies go out to him.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 67
chaos33
April 2, 2024, 7:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,970
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from chaos33
I don’t know. Guess we’ll have to see how HC responds to treatment from the old fashioned, shorts wearing, ‘should be dismissed’ physio. Hopefully he will rehabilitate swiftly. Apparently good physios cure injuries. Thigh strain not as bad as a groin or hamstring so let’s hope he’s fit again soon.

Just to be clear - I was quoting another fishy poster in the comments about Dave Moore. That’s not what I think!

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 67
Eastendmariner
April 2, 2024, 8:27pm
Mariners Trust Life Member
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Approval: +942
Gold Stars: 22
Devastating news for DA wishing him our heart felt condolences and support at this very difficult time  our thoughts are with you David  

Mariner Trust Life Member  

Seen the Mariners win AWAY at 70 league Grounds

Grounds Visited 281[img][/img]

Blundell Park a Training ground for bum ref's
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 67
gtfc98
April 2, 2024, 9:54pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,060
Gold Stars: 68
Poor guy. Can't imagine having to be at work with all that going on. Puts things into perspective.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 67
GibMariner
April 3, 2024, 8:57am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -962
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from gtfc98
Poor guy. Can't imagine having to be at work with all that going on. Puts things into perspective.

Always tough. Best tonic is to get back on it and win in his dad’s memory.

Private Message
Reply: 24 - 67
Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie
April 3, 2024, 10:19am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,468
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from GibMariner

Best tonic is to get back on it and win in his dad’s memory.

You might be right, but everyone reacts differently. After my mum died I couldn’t concentrate on work for months. All thoughts with DA at this horrible time.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 67
neverapen
April 3, 2024, 3:50pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +124
Gold Stars: 1
IN a fairly recent interview DA was talking about what an awful time the club has had in the past few months including the passing of Cam, Callum Ainley's diagnosis and the Maher / Glennon car crash. He spoke very supportively about how it affects people in different ways and how supportive the club is in giving staff (both playing on non playing) what they need. I hope David does whatever he needs, whether it be time off or not. I lost my Dad suddenly a couple of years ago and whilst it hit me hard, I needed some normality within it. Regardless, all of our support is with him.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 67
chicaneuk
April 3, 2024, 4:11pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,486
Gold Stars: 5
I'm fortunate that my parents are still alive and in reasonable health but I dread the day I get the phone call honestly as I know it's going to destroy me. Wishing all the best for David and his family at such a difficult time. I know for other bereavements in my life, work hasn't been easy.. it's not for everyone just getting your blinkers on and getting back to work. Sometimes you need real time to grieve.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 67
IlkleyMariner
April 3, 2024, 4:19pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,036
Gold Stars: 69
I think everyone faces different challenges. I’ve no idea about the personal background of DA father…age, state of health etc.

Assuming the passing of DA father was unexpected and sudden, so he will probably need time to come to terms with the situation.

Let’s hope he gets some joy from the performances and results of his team , which can’t compensate for his loss but will give him something to soften the grief of himself and his family.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 67
Les Brechin
April 3, 2024, 4:20pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,716
Gold Stars: 174
I  lost my Dad to Leukemia when I was only 3, not sure what's worse losing him at that time when you've made no real memories or losing them when your grown up.

Mum's still going strong at 94 this month though!

OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 67
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › David Artell

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.