Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  The New Fishy  /  
Posted by: LocalLadGTFC, April 1, 2024, 4:40pm
Left the ground as soon as the final whistle went, obviously speculation is rife. If it's personal then I hope everything is okay.
Posted by: Mariner_501, April 1, 2024, 4:42pm; Reply: 1
Hope it’s not the case, but talk that his Dad has died. What an awful day for him if it is the case
Posted by: Hagrid, April 1, 2024, 4:43pm; Reply: 2
If that is true then horrible news. Thoughts with him and his family
Posted by: It Bites, April 1, 2024, 4:47pm; Reply: 3
Football takes a back seat now . If this is true then my thoughts are with him 🙏
Posted by: MuddyWaters, April 1, 2024, 4:51pm; Reply: 4
Deepest sympathies to him and his family assuming this is true. Football irrelevant in these circumstances.
Posted by: RonMariner, April 1, 2024, 5:11pm; Reply: 5
Very sorry to hear that.
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, April 1, 2024, 6:17pm; Reply: 6
Is this confirmed? Absolutely awful if so. Thoughts with him and family…
Posted by: pontoonlew, April 1, 2024, 6:32pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Limerick Mariner
Is this confirmed? Absolutely awful if so. Thoughts with him and family…

Heard that it’s definitely a family bereavement
Posted by: mariner91, April 1, 2024, 6:33pm; Reply: 8
Horrible news. Thoughts with him and his family.
Posted by: chaos33, April 1, 2024, 6:33pm; Reply: 9
Yep.
Posted by: grassbandits, April 1, 2024, 6:47pm; Reply: 10
Prayers up for DA and his family. He always comes across as a good man trying to do his best 🙏
Posted by: chaos33, April 1, 2024, 6:48pm; Reply: 11
Horrible day for him.

Can also share that Cartwright has a thigh muscle injury and was really upset.
Posted by: RonMariner, April 1, 2024, 7:06pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from chaos33
Horrible day for him.

Can also share that Cartwright has a thigh muscle injury and was really upset.

If we are down to one fit keeper does that mean we can bring in an emergency loan?
Posted by: chaos33, April 1, 2024, 7:10pm; Reply: 13
I don’t know. Guess we’ll have to see how HC responds to treatment from the old fashioned, shorts wearing, ‘should be dismissed’ physio. Hopefully he will rehabilitate swiftly. Apparently good physios cure injuries. Thigh strain not as bad as a groin or hamstring so let’s hope he’s fit again soon.
Posted by: 140381 (Guest), April 1, 2024, 7:26pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from grassbandits
Prayers up for DA and his family. He always comes across as a good man trying to do his best 🙏

Absolutely this.
Posted by: denni266, April 1, 2024, 8:32pm; Reply: 15
Football aside and hoping and wishing the best for him
Posted by: LocalLadGTFC, April 1, 2024, 9:42pm; Reply: 16
I lost my Dad just before christmas and still haven't found the words to even describe how I feel. Hopefully these clowns we send out every week can give Artell something to smile about starting next week against Newport.
Posted by: Marinerdeano, April 1, 2024, 10:22pm; Reply: 17
My Dad passed away unexpectedly 2016, a couple of months after the Wembley final. Still a missing part of my Blundell Park experience and adds additional emotion to highs and lows. I got way too carried away when we scored today and equally shattered at the equaliser. It shouldn't mean so much, it just does.
Posted by: diehardmariner, April 1, 2024, 10:34pm; Reply: 18
Awful news.

Thoughts with him and his family.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, April 1, 2024, 11:04pm; Reply: 19
Our owners will give him as much time as he needs but I’ll bet my bottom dollar he won’t want any time off … whatever your opinion of the man be cares about this predicament we’re in , my thoughts are with you boss
Posted by: DB, April 2, 2024, 5:53pm; Reply: 20
I have just read the thread. It's very sad for him and my sympathies go out to him.
Posted by: chaos33, April 2, 2024, 7:06pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from chaos33
I don’t know. Guess we’ll have to see how HC responds to treatment from the old fashioned, shorts wearing, ‘should be dismissed’ physio. Hopefully he will rehabilitate swiftly. Apparently good physios cure injuries. Thigh strain not as bad as a groin or hamstring so let’s hope he’s fit again soon.

Just to be clear - I was quoting another fishy poster in the comments about Dave Moore. That’s not what I think!
Posted by: Eastendmariner, April 2, 2024, 8:27pm; Reply: 22
Devastating news for DA wishing him our heart felt condolences and support at this very difficult time  our thoughts are with you David  :B
Posted by: gtfc98, April 2, 2024, 9:54pm; Reply: 23
Poor guy. Can't imagine having to be at work with all that going on. Puts things into perspective.
Posted by: GibMariner, April 3, 2024, 8:57am; Reply: 24
Quoted from gtfc98
Poor guy. Can't imagine having to be at work with all that going on. Puts things into perspective.

Always tough. Best tonic is to get back on it and win in his dad’s memory.

Posted by: Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie, April 3, 2024, 10:19am; Reply: 25
Quoted from GibMariner

Best tonic is to get back on it and win in his dad’s memory.

You might be right, but everyone reacts differently. After my mum died I couldn’t concentrate on work for months. All thoughts with DA at this horrible time.

Posted by: neverapen, April 3, 2024, 3:50pm; Reply: 26
IN a fairly recent interview DA was talking about what an awful time the club has had in the past few months including the passing of Cam, Callum Ainley's diagnosis and the Maher / Glennon car crash. He spoke very supportively about how it affects people in different ways and how supportive the club is in giving staff (both playing on non playing) what they need. I hope David does whatever he needs, whether it be time off or not. I lost my Dad suddenly a couple of years ago and whilst it hit me hard, I needed some normality within it. Regardless, all of our support is with him.  
Posted by: chicaneuk, April 3, 2024, 4:11pm; Reply: 27
I'm fortunate that my parents are still alive and in reasonable health but I dread the day I get the phone call honestly as I know it's going to destroy me. Wishing all the best for David and his family at such a difficult time. I know for other bereavements in my life, work hasn't been easy.. it's not for everyone just getting your blinkers on and getting back to work. Sometimes you need real time to grieve.
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, April 3, 2024, 4:19pm; Reply: 28
I think everyone faces different challenges. I’ve no idea about the personal background of DA father…age, state of health etc.

Assuming the passing of DA father was unexpected and sudden, so he will probably need time to come to terms with the situation.

Let’s hope he gets some joy from the performances and results of his team , which can’t compensate for his loss but will give him something to soften the grief of himself and his family.
Posted by: Les Brechin, April 3, 2024, 4:20pm; Reply: 29
I  lost my Dad to Leukemia when I was only 3, not sure what's worse losing him at that time when you've made no real memories or losing them when your grown up.

Mum's still going strong at 94 this month though!
Posted by: supertown, April 3, 2024, 4:28pm; Reply: 30
Everyone is different and handles the death of their parents differently. My Dad was 77 when he died but he had a horrible 2 years of Alzheimer’s. It would have been better for everyone, particularly him if he had been taken earlier . My mum is 88 and still going strong.

Best wishes to David A.  
Posted by: GYinScuntland, April 4, 2024, 12:38am; Reply: 31
Quoted from supertown
Everyone is different and handles the death of their parents differently. My Dad was 77 when he died but he had a horrible 2 years of Alzheimer’s. It would have been better for everyone, particularly him if he had been taken earlier . My mum is 88 and still going strong.

Best wishes to David A.  

I can so relate to this.

My Father was a strong man who I watched succumb to Parkinson's over many years, it was a combination of this and an inoperable brain aneurysm that took him at the age of 77.

I wish he had died at the time, people won't get it but it's true. I had months of watching him in Hull Royal staring up at the ceiling, not knowing if he could hear what I was saying.

It's horrible watching loved ones in this state.

We all depart but there's hopefully better ways and more peaceful ways for most of us.
Posted by: LondonMariner43, April 4, 2024, 8:11am; Reply: 32
Quoted from neverapen
IN a fairly recent interview DA was talking about what an awful time the club has had in the past few months including the passing of Cam, Callum Ainley's diagnosis and the Maher / Glennon car crash. He spoke very supportively about how it affects people in different ways and how supportive the club is in giving staff (both playing on non playing) what they need. I hope David does whatever he needs, whether it be time off or not. I lost my Dad suddenly a couple of years ago and whilst it hit me hard, I needed some normality within it. Regardless, all of our support is with him.  

I must have missed it but what was the car crash?
Posted by: gobby, April 4, 2024, 8:21am; Reply: 33
My thoughts are with David and his family  :'(
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, April 4, 2024, 12:50pm; Reply: 34
Listening to SP interview, it sounds like DA father is seriously ill and not going to recover.
It’s still a difficult time for DA and his family and we should respect his privacy and offer our support.
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, April 4, 2024, 4:45pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
Listening to SP interview, it sounds like DA father is seriously ill and not going to recover.
It’s still a difficult time for DA and his family and we should respect his privacy and offer our support.

Yes clearly a terminal illness and sounds like a sudden deterioration. DA still taking the game on Saturday which is amazing commitment, hope the crowd really get behind him and the team and that lads can get the win for him.
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, April 4, 2024, 6:08pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from LondonMariner43

I must have missed it but what was the car crash?

This season
Posted by: HertsGTFC, April 4, 2024, 6:39pm; Reply: 37

This season

My thoughts exactly.
Posted by: gtfc98, April 5, 2024, 4:50pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

Yes clearly a terminal illness and sounds like a sudden deterioration. DA still taking the game on Saturday which is amazing commitment, hope the crowd really get behind him and the team and that lads can get the win for him.

Incredible that he's still taking the game in these circumstances. Let's show him that we are all behind him at the game tomorrow. GTFC is a family. UTM
Posted by: GrimPol, April 5, 2024, 6:47pm; Reply: 39
We are thinking of you and your family at this difficult time. You are not alone.
Posted by: bawarmy, April 5, 2024, 9:39pm; Reply: 40
David Artell being there tomorrow after his father just died is fantastic commitment. Let’s show him we support him.
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, April 5, 2024, 10:07pm; Reply: 41
People deal with grief in different ways.

If my Dad died I know he would want me to carry on doing what I do. So I would. And the schlong modelling would continue to reap the benefit.

I totally understand why others would react differently.

There is no correct way to grieve.

Regardless of the result tomorrow I trust we will be supportive of Artell because life is more important than football. It really is.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, April 5, 2024, 10:15pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from bawarmy
David Artell being there tomorrow after his father just died is fantastic commitment. Let’s show him we support him.

Unless I've missed it, Shaun Pearson confirmed yesterday that his dad is still alive. Seriously ill with the conclusion inevitable, but still alive.

Thoughts are obviously with the manager at what must be a tough time for him.
Posted by: The Yard Dog, April 5, 2024, 11:58pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from GYinScuntland

I can so relate to this.

My Father was a strong man who I watched succumb to Parkinson's over many years, it was a combination of this and an inoperable brain aneurysm that took him at the age of 77.

I wish he had died at the time, people won't get it but it's true. I had months of watching him in Hull Royal staring up at the ceiling, not knowing if he could hear what I was saying.

It's horrible watching loved ones in this state.

We all depart but there's hopefully better ways and more peaceful ways for most of us.

My dad had Parkinson's started in early 50's and lived with it for over 20 years, he went quickly a massive stroke eventually took him, sat at his bedside for his final hours, it was a blessing because he did not suffer for to long.
However never had the chance to mourn his death, as he wish was for his body to be left to medical science, so no funeral or grave for me to visit for me to remember him, expect in my heart and mind.
Its like he was never here, when you have nowhere to go to remember him.
Posted by: bawarmy, April 6, 2024, 12:12am; Reply: 44
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Unless I've missed it, Shaun Pearson confirmed yesterday that his dad is still alive. Seriously ill with the conclusion inevitable, but still alive.

Thoughts are obviously with the manager at what must be a tough time for him.

Sorry. I was told he had passed.
Posted by: livosnose, April 6, 2024, 3:12am; Reply: 45
My dad is alive . Never took me to see town play bar once  when we lost to Watford which he’d obviously won a ticket  ( Jimmy Gillghsn) . I pride myself on the fact that I’m a town fan via zero influence bar me and my own actions. Utm
Posted by: lee65, April 6, 2024, 11:36am; Reply: 46
Quoted from livosnose
My dad is alive . Never took me to see town play bar once  when we lost to Watford which he’d obviously won a ticket  ( Jimmy Gillghsn) . I pride myself on the fact that I’m a town fan via zero influence bar me and my own actions. Utm

So you have nobody to blame but yourself then?  ;)
Posted by: It Bites, April 6, 2024, 11:50am; Reply: 47
Quoted from livosnose

My dad and brother are scunny fans . Fair play to my dad though , he used to take me to watch town in the 80’s quite a lot
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, April 6, 2024, 1:09pm; Reply: 48
Quoted from It Bites
My dad and brother are scunny fans

Oh my god, we've found them. Theyve been missing for sooooo long
Posted by: Sigone, April 6, 2024, 1:36pm; Reply: 49
Sadly his father has passed away..confirmed by club..thoughts are with David and all his family.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, April 6, 2024, 1:36pm; Reply: 50
Quoted from livosnose

Was that the fa cup game? If so, that was my first ever game
Posted by: MaccasBoots, April 6, 2024, 1:42pm; Reply: 51
Awful awful news - thoughts are with David and his father's family
Posted by: Spidey, April 6, 2024, 1:55pm; Reply: 52
So sorry for your loss, David. You've got the best fans in the world behind you!!  Thoughts are with you and your family.
Posted by: Poojah, April 6, 2024, 1:57pm; Reply: 53
2024 continues to be a sad year for GTFC and its associates. Puts into perspective whatever’s been happening on the pitch.

Thoughts with DA and his family.
Posted by: Plankton, April 6, 2024, 2:29pm; Reply: 54
All the best to David and family. Losing a loved one is so very difficult and I hope he's alright
Posted by: Mayaman, April 6, 2024, 5:12pm; Reply: 55
Quoted from livosnose

Bully for you. And well done for doing something that didn't require your dad to hold your hand.
Posted by: Sandford1981, April 6, 2024, 5:21pm; Reply: 56
I’m really glad given the circumstances that Town got over the line. For Artell to be on the sidelines shows great commitment and unbelievable strength after yesterday. I’m not sure I could have done it!
Posted by: pkscouse, April 6, 2024, 5:36pm; Reply: 57
My dad was ravaged with cancer and in a way it was a blessing when he passed away . Sill a massive shock though so thouughts with DA and his family .Respect as not sure I could have gone through with what he did today
Posted by: RonMariner, April 6, 2024, 5:55pm; Reply: 58
Comes and oversees a victory despite the bereavement. Could easily have stayed away to be with his family, no one would blame him.

Tremendous. Just tremendous.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, April 6, 2024, 5:58pm; Reply: 59
I doff my cap to him brave man and I  hope the fans backing today gave him a grain or two of comfort 🙏  
Posted by: bawarmy, April 6, 2024, 6:02pm; Reply: 60
Let’s dedicate that one to Mr Artell.
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, April 6, 2024, 8:02pm; Reply: 61
Quoted from 1mickylyons
I doff my cap to him brave man and I  hope the fans backing today gave him a grain or two of comfort 🙏  

He looked like he was wiping away some tears as he walked away from the Pontoon at the end of the game.
Who can blame him? Thank you DA for today and may your  dad rest in peace.
Posted by: livosnose, April 6, 2024, 8:26pm; Reply: 62
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Was that the fa cup game? If so, that was my first ever game

It was mate , stevefoley scored for us
Posted by: HertsGTFC, April 6, 2024, 8:41pm; Reply: 63
Today took some guts I’m sure, his post match with JT must have been hard.

Every football manager divides opinion but the more I get to understand DA he’s clearly a decent person and deserves a big shout for today.
Posted by: denni266, April 6, 2024, 11:03pm; Reply: 64
Hats off to D A for that interview. That must have been the hardest interview anyone would give ever. Total respect given
Posted by: grimsby pete, April 7, 2024, 9:47am; Reply: 65
Hearing Your father has died is very upsetting but when your job is in the public gaze it must be  very difficult to carry out your duties.

I hope the love shown to him from our fantastic fans goes a long way towards helping  David cope.

Our thoughts are with you Dave.
Posted by: White_shorts, April 7, 2024, 2:31pm; Reply: 66
People deal with grief in different ways.

If my Dad died I know he would want me to carry on doing what I do. So I would. And the schlong modelling would continue to reap the benefit.

I totally understand why others would react differently.

There is no correct way to grieve.

Regardless of the result tomorrow I trust we will be supportive of Artell because life is more important than football. It really is.

Please give it a rest with the disgusting sexual references.

Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, April 7, 2024, 2:36pm; Reply: 67
Quoted from White_shorts

Please give it a rest with the disgusting sexual references.

Says the poster calling himself white shorts…
Print page generated: May 17, 2024, 5:36am