Ruston AT
March 29, 2024, 9:05am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +427
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Same plans for the ice House, and nothings happened and probably won't, Shutes is full of shite with no money, he lives in cloud cuckoo land unfortunately.

What ever is planned it will be destroyed by the scrotes that live in this town, we can't have anything that people may enjoy.... I'm a bit of a misery I suppose but it's the truth.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 70
ska face
March 29, 2024, 9:12am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,766
Gold Stars: 851
State of this thread. There’s no wonder most young people leave at the first opportunity & the town’s a shitehole. One bloke with little real attachment to the town spends a wedge buying land & planning a massive redevelopment of the docks, trying to bring in investment, and a load of old codgers dump all over it.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 70
Brummie Codfather
March 29, 2024, 9:36am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +888
Gold Stars: 22
Quoted from pen penfras
Wow, sounds absolutely rubbish. The Town needs something like what Liverpool did with the docks, not a swimming pool and salt Marsh. Would anybody travel to visit this?

I would to be fair, sounds pretty cool.  Wild water swimming is a big thing at the moment so an open air pool could work well.  It’s not like we’ve had something like that in the area historically and widely used 👀
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 70
pizzzza
March 29, 2024, 9:55am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from ska face
State of this thread. There’s no wonder most young people leave at the first opportunity & the town’s a shitehole. One bloke with little real attachment to the town spends a wedge buying land & planning a massive redevelopment of the docks, trying to bring in investment, and a load of old codgers dump all over it.

Indeed, typical Grimsby attitude. See also social media whenever there is a news story detailing any positive development in the town... "It looks excrement", "Will never happen", "Vandals will wreck it within 2 days", "we don't deserve it". I have to say it really pisses me off, other towns/cities seem to get excrement done and move forward, not here.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 70
HertsGTFC
March 29, 2024, 10:04am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,989
Gold Stars: 228
I never knew there were so many investment & urban regeneration experts on one message board.

Personally I hope something like this comes off as it would make a difference even if it just cleaned that space up a bit.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 70
Yarborough Vaults
March 29, 2024, 10:08am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +214
Gold Stars: 32
Quoted from ska face

Yes, how weird that Town fans on a GTFC board point out that the stadium has suddenly gone missing from the plans. Not the sort of thing any of us should be bothered about really I suppose.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 70
pontoonlew
March 29, 2024, 10:19am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
Ask for change - moan about it when change happens - moan if it doesn’t - ask for change again - repeat

It’s an attitude engrained in the town and goes right through to the stands on a Saturday afternoon. Part of the answer as to why the town & the football club are stagnating lies quite close to home.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 70
MarinerWY
March 29, 2024, 11:17am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,991
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from ska face

Might be more prevalent in Grimsby than some other spots but by no means unique to GY... there's a huge generational gap with attitudes to development and change, and sadly NIMBYs (many of which bought their house for 3x national average salary or less and have seen their assets increase hugely in value) are a huge factor in why we are so behind as a country. HS2 as a case study... Meanwhile France, Spain and Italy look to legislate on flights to destinations that can be reached in under 2.5 hours by train, which thanks to their High Speed Rail investment is huge parts of the country.

My personal favourites are the ones who buy a new build then campaign to block other new houses being built.

Completely agree with your point about open water swimming. It's popular and quite an interesting facility to have in the town, not all that common. Been to one in Sale in Manchester that was extremely popular.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 70
diehardmariner
March 29, 2024, 11:18am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,653
Gold Stars: 539
These plans look incredible. Would be huge for the area.

I regularly open water swim in the Docks and there's so much scope for it and water based activities to be a huge part of the local identify and economy.

Think small, get small.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 70
chaos33
March 29, 2024, 11:39am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,988
Gold Stars: 361
Quoted from diehardmariner
These plans look incredible. Would be huge for the area.

I regularly open water swim in the Docks and there's so much scope for it and water based activities to be a huge part of the local identify and economy.

Think small, get small.

You actually swim in the docks?!?!

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 70
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › No Docks Stadium

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.