Lincoln Mariner 56
February 18, 2024, 8:28am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,697
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from newarkmariner

absolutely agree ,ive said the very same over and over again,been shocking all season

Me too, being saying the same for three seasons but normally I just got red crosses and posts questioning my sanity in response. Wish HC had proved me wrong and we had at least one decent midfield player but alas he appears to be getting worse.

Still we have been told Sheffield Wed and Barnsley were desperate to sign him but if only he had gone to Forest Green we might have a better chance of staying up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 61
male private Nale
February 18, 2024, 9:00am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -919
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner

I mean this sounds ridiculous, but at the moment you just never know, where did this come from?

Was told during the game by someone whose lad is a youth player , it supposedly happened and I’m inclined to believe it as he has no reason to make it up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 61
dapperz fun pub
February 18, 2024, 9:16am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,954
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Alan Buckley
Let’s be honest. The only reason Harry Clifton is anywhere near this squad is because he’s a Grimsby lad. So what? So are thousands of us!
You can’t try to play a passing style of football with Harry Clifton playing 90 minutes in centre midfield.
He has zero ZERO qualities to be a professional centre midfielder, poor touch, poor passing, poor technique, poor decision making.
Oh yeah but he runs around a lot and has a great engine, so? So does most other league 2 midfielders but they also don’t give the ball away constantly.
He wouldn’t get a game for Town reserve teams of years gone past let alone the first team!
Sooner he leaves the club the better so we can get past this ‘oh but he’s a Grimsby lad’ balderdash.

Clifton isn’t good enough for league football he’s a top end non league player , he just doesn’t read the game quickly enough we all know his commitment but I’m afraid he lacks quality and he should have gone in the summer.  In  my opinion the whole club is stale from woods who produces a great under 18 team who never transition a player to the mens game to Shaun Pearson who appears to have been made no 2 on the basis of he’s a good chap.
Regarding the current squad I don’t think anyone of them are league footballer except the one obvious one and playing a young boy between the sticks is suicidal.  Sack artel asap and give it to woodhouse what we got to lose ? Cos we’re down if he stays
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 61
headingly_mariner
February 18, 2024, 9:20am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,380
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Clifton isn’t good enough for league football he’s a top end non league player , he just doesn’t read the game quickly enough we all know his commitment but I’m afraid he lacks quality and he should have gone in the summer.  In  my opinion the whole club is stale from woods who produces a great under 18 team who never transition a player to the mens game to Shaun Pearson who appears to have been made no 2 on the basis of he’s a good chap.
Regarding the current squad I don’t think anyone of them are league footballer except the one obvious one and playing a young boy between the sticks is suicidal.  Sack artel asap and give it to woodhouse what we got to lose ? Cos we’re down if he stays

His career will be in the league with or without us.
If he leaves in the summer it won't be for non league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 61
Theimperialcoroner
February 18, 2024, 9:22am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,210
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from male private Nale

Was told during the game by someone whose lad is a youth player , it supposedly happened and I’m inclined to believe it as he has no reason to make it up.

You’ve heard it at least 3rd hand and yet you post it on here as fact in the first place. You ignore that he was out warming up and originally in the team yesterday because you want to go on another of your excrement stirring missions.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 61
MuddyWaters
February 18, 2024, 9:27am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,256
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner

You’ve heard it at least 3rd hand and yet you post it on here as fact in the first place. You ignore that he was out warming up and originally in the team yesterday because you want to go on another of your excrement stirring missions.

Was he? He wasn’t on the team sheet at 2pm and didn’t appear in the warm up.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 61
dapperz fun pub
February 18, 2024, 9:28am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from headingly_mariner

His career will be in the league with or without us.
If he leaves in the summer it won't be for non league.

I hope so but all pro players in league football need some technical ability.. I just don’t see it with Harry.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 61
Alan Buckley
February 18, 2024, 9:35am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Approval: -256
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

I was on board with your post until you said give it to Woodhouse 😂 a guy who had a rolls Royce budget in the north east counties league and couldn’t win the league and who has gone on to fail at every club he’s been at and left each club in a absolute shocking state once he’s played with it for a few months then got bored 😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 61
dapperz fun pub
February 18, 2024, 9:37am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Alan Buckley

I was on board with your post until you said give it to Woodhouse 😂 a guy who had a rolls Royce budget in the north east counties league and couldn’t win the league and who has gone on to fail at every club he’s been at and left each club in a absolute shocking state once he’s played with it for a few months then got bored 😂

Probably a bit extreme lol but would it be any worse than it is now ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 61
Theimperialcoroner
February 18, 2024, 9:41am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,210
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Was he? He wasn’t on the team sheet at 2pm and didn’t appear in the warm up.

According to JT on the radio he was.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 61
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Midfield today

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.