8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
golfer
February 4, 2024, 7:55am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,449
Gold Stars: 116
Confucius established ethical, moral and social standards in China. His most famous saying was "Birch the Bastrds "
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 71
crusty ole pie
February 4, 2024, 8:11am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,384
Gold Stars: 66
Stopped using trains for away games our fans mainly youths area total disgrace, and when the wife wants to visit the grandkids in Leeds the first thing I do is check the fixture list
But to balance this out it’s not just the football fans try being on the last train home from Lincoln or Doncaster on Saturday night. If you do dare to use don’t buy a ticket cos the guards are too scared to check the tickets
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 71
Yarborough Vaults
February 4, 2024, 8:16am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +214
Gold Stars: 32
It's a tough one as going on away days as a young man was a real adventure when I did it many years ago. Things sometimes got out of hand, which I found exciting at the time.

Now I'm happy with a pint of bitter and a decent chippy. I hope the young lads don't get themselves in serious bother, and I'd have a word if I saw it going that way, but we were all young once and finding our way in the world. The more sedate Main or Upper/Lower mindset eventually beckons us all in time, as it will with this bunch.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 71
male private Nale
February 4, 2024, 8:58am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -924
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Yarborough Vaults
It's a tough one as going on away days as a young man was a real adventure when I did it many years ago. Things sometimes got out of hand, which I found exciting at the time.

Now I'm happy with a pint of bitter and a decent chippy. I hope the young lads don't get themselves in serious bother, and I'd have a word if I saw it going that way, but we were all young once and finding our way in the world. The more sedate Main or Upper/Lower mindset eventually beckons us all in time, as it will with this bunch.

Well said
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 71
HertsGTFC
February 4, 2024, 9:28am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
It’s a shame this kind of stuff exists.

I’ve been pushed, shoved & threatened twice on away trips following Town, both times by our own support.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 71
The Caterham Mariner
February 4, 2024, 9:47am
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +98
Gold Stars: 8
An "Away Day to Londonderry!" Back in the day would change the attitude,approach to life ....Failing that  Confusis say "Birch the iligimates"
And their parents also of questionable parentage should have been made to do National Service , and it's not all "Town" fans.
UTM

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 71
sam gy
February 4, 2024, 9:49am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,478
Gold Stars: 56
So many nobheads out yesterday. And old blokes in their 50s acting like the pied piper. So embarrassing.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 71
HerveJosse
February 4, 2024, 9:57am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.88
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,217
Gold Stars: 144
Attention seeking. Ignore and move away . Back in the day had crumbling terracing thrown at us at Valley Parade  bottles thrown at roof at OSG so that glass rained down and mate pummelled and in hospital at the Baseball Ground . You really did have concerns for your safety in those days today it’s just annoying
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 71
It Bites
February 4, 2024, 10:08am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,258
Gold Stars: 266
Simpletons are a drain on society on so many levels . I’ll be glad when conscription starts again , we’ll see how brave they are then , cannon fodder
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 71
BobbyCummingsTackle
February 4, 2024, 10:25am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,300
Gold Stars: 307
We have to call them out. They are like sheep, they all think that their behaviour is acceptable/funny/ hard because the group all acts the same. They need to be shown that they are acting like c*nts and need to stop.

If a group of Town supporting fully grown adults gave them a gob full and threatened them with a proper pasting they'd act very differently.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 71
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Embarrassed/ashamed

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.