Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Cricket
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 12 Guests

Cricket

This thread currently has 11,012 views. Print
36 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Limerick Mariner
July 4, 2022, 8:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,720
Gold Stars: 137
I can get used to this work from home thing with TMS on…present on the Teams call but muted…why would I want to go back in the office just to give fuel duty to the Tories…
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 357
ginnywings
July 4, 2022, 10:02pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Limerick Mariner
I can get used to this work from home thing with TMS on…present on the Teams call but muted…why would I want to go back in the office just to give fuel duty to the Tories…

Even better sat on a bench on the seafront with a cup of coffee, listening to TMS.

We are breaking all sorts of records every game we play since Stokes and McCullum took the reins. The turnaround is incredible. I didn't think we had a prayer of chasing down this total against a world class bowling attack, but are only 119 off the target after today, with 7 wickets in hand.

Could still go pear shaped, but it's great to see the positivity in going for it with all guns blazing.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 357
Limerick Mariner
July 4, 2022, 11:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

Even better sat on a bench on the seafront with a cup of coffee, listening to TMS.

We are breaking all sorts of records every game we play since Stokes and McCullum took the reins. The turnaround is incredible. I didn't think we had a prayer of chasing down this total against a world class bowling attack, but are only 119 off the target after today, with 7 wickets in hand.

Could still go pear shaped, but it's great to see the positivity in going for it with all guns blazing.

It's the England cricket team, can always go pear shaped, but typically England would have already lost this test. I watch Bairstow and just think how is he doing that, is he smoking what Vivvy used to smoke before going out to bat completely carefree and relaxed...?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 357
Sandford1981
July 5, 2022, 10:30am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
Bairstow has been nothing short of sensational and him nailing down 5 will help us no end though Ben Foakes may be nervous.

Joe Root though has been equally if not more impressive in a typically unassuming way. I mentioned it previously but, to perform as he has after giving up the captaincy has been admirable to say the least. It’s a measure of the man that he could put his (bruised) ego aside and perform for his great mate and team.

Utter class!

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 357
Hagrid
July 5, 2022, 11:11am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,489
Gold Stars: 536
call me boring, but i dont think this is test cricket as we know it!

however its incredible to watch, and im delighted to see us shut that overhyped tosser Virat up
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 357
Sandford1981
July 5, 2022, 12:03pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from Hagrid
call me boring, but i dont think this is test cricket as we know it!

however its incredible to watch, and im delighted to see us shut that overhyped tosser Virat up

Recently someone said that Jon Nolan was the most overrated player in the last 20 years and you labelled it a ridiculous statement. Jon Nolan was a good lower division football player.

But you can call Virat Kohli who averages around 50 across 3 formats in international cricket overhyped! That’s a skewed perspective.

Though I do agree it’s nice to shut his mouth and he’s in bad touch. Terminal decline? Perhaps! or in need of a break from the game? Most probably!

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 357
Withnail
July 5, 2022, 12:05pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 36
It is Bairstow's 12th century in 81 Tests. He has only scored six in 89 innings, but he has now scored six in eight Tests in 2022.

He is only the fourth England player to score four centuries in five Tests.

He is the first player in Test history to score six centuries in a calendar year batting at five or lower.

He is the 12th England player to have two centuries in the same Test.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 357
Limerick Mariner
July 5, 2022, 12:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
The summer of 22 - can this sporting summer ever be matched...Town, England, and for me, Leicester Tigers as well...to better it it would have to be Town winning a title and England winning the Ashes...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 357
Rodley Mariner
July 5, 2022, 12:13pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,255
Gold Stars: 178
Captaining India is a ridiculously tough gig and Kohli's record as Captain and batsmen is superb. I might be in a minority but I like him. It's annoying at times but he's been completely committed to test cricket and shows huge passion for it. He had a proper word with Root and Bairstow at the end to congratulate them on the way they'd played.

As for it not being test cricket as we know it, sport evolves. People have different skills nowadays and England are utilising them. Lot of very classic shots in that partnership as well. We kept getting beaten when we were trying to grind and the first Test at Lord's had tickets available. Suspect any available tickets for South Africa are being hoovered up as we speak!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 357
ginnywings
July 5, 2022, 12:21pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Shelling peas.

I'm a big lover of test cricket and for me it is the best format, but the white ball game can be really exciting, so to combine the two disciplines the way this England team have, has been a match made in heaven for me.

We may just have re-invented test cricket here and other countries will be taking note.

May not please the old duffers at Lords, but if it revitalises the test game, then I'm all for it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 357
36 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Cricket

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.