Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Brexit deal agreed
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 20 Guests

Brexit deal agreed

This thread currently has 25,665 views. Print
55 Pages Prev ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Humbercod
August 7, 2022, 5:41pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,503
Gold Stars: 83
Quoted from ginnywings

Yeah right.

Your lot are still blaming the labour party despite being in power for 12 years.

Everything is always someone else's fault.  Europe, red tape, immigrants, Muslims, single mothers, dole cheats, unpatriotic brits, the previous government etc.

You were duped and you can't face facts.

Sorry to hear your still hurting over Brexit but could you explain what you mean by ‘Yeah right’ and ‘Your Lot’?
For the record I’m no Tory and I’ve made this clear on numerous occasions, I have no affiliation with any political party, voting for all the 3 main party’s in my lifetime.
Or maybe you mean Brexiteer’s?  Many Labour voters would’ve voted for Brexit so this wouldn’t make sense. Please clarify🥴
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 410 - 545
ginnywings
August 7, 2022, 6:05pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Nah!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 411 - 545
Limerick Mariner
August 7, 2022, 10:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,769
Gold Stars: 138
Quoted from Humbercod

Erm…we are heading into a cost of living (lockdown)crisis! The same as Spain, France, Germany, Greece, Italy etc. Nothing at all to do with the Brexit we haven’t got in its entirety.
Brexit or no Brexit we would still be suffering high inflation and heading into a recession right now, and yes just like the rest of the EU!!!
On a positive our unemployment rates remain low -

Spain 12.5%
Italy 8.1%
France 7.3%
Germany 5.4%
United Kingdom 3.8%
But I wouldn’t claim as a result of Brexit 😉

Perhaps Spanish people could come live here then fill some of the tens of thousands of vacancies in the NHS. Even just answer the phone at the GP Surgery.

Some train and bus drivers would be good as well.

I would also have liked a Spanish student over here learning English perhaps to serve me a beer at the Leyton Technical pub before the Orient game…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 412 - 545
Maringer
August 7, 2022, 11:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,699
Gold Stars: 189
Unemployment is low because our productivity is in the fecking toilet in comparison to other Western economies. Probably due to underemployment with people employed in loads of McShit jobs.

Yes, we are hugely unproductive in comparison to our peers. Here's a link from 4 years ago and things haven't got any better since then:

https://www.ft.com/content/6ada0002-9a57-11e8-9702-5946bae86e6d
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 413 - 545
aldi_01
August 8, 2022, 10:37am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Don’t forget that the tories sodomist about with statistics to ensure unemployment is low…

Aside from most production being done elsewhere and there seemingly a raft of jobs available which contradicts what government lie to us about…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 414 - 545
Limerick Mariner
August 8, 2022, 12:52pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01
Don’t forget that the tories sodomist about with statistics to ensure unemployment is low…

Aside from most production being done elsewhere and there seemingly a raft of jobs available which contradicts what government lie to us about…

Both main parties are culpable for the abject failures in our higher education system. Labour massively ramped up University places alongside introduction of tuition fees, and undercooked incentives for trade apprenticeships. The Tories have made it far far worse - Osbourne scrapping bursaries for nurses and lo and behold we are short of tens of thousands of them.

We need to install millions of heat pumps in the next 15 years to get to net zero - not a fecking hope in hell. Older gas engineers will just retire rather than retrain and we are ten of thousands short of apprentices going into the trade and construction.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 415 - 545
Humbercod
August 9, 2022, 9:20am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

Both main parties are culpable for the abject failures in our higher education system. Labour massively ramped up University places alongside introduction of tuition fees, and undercooked incentives for trade apprenticeships. The Tories have made it far far worse - Osbourne scrapping bursaries for nurses and lo and behold we are short of tens of thousands of them.

We need to install millions of heat pumps in the next 15 years to get to net zero - not a fecking hope in hell. Older gas engineers will just retire rather than retrain and we are ten of thousands short of apprentices going into the trade and construction.

Forget heat pumps they are practically useless, I know heating engineers who are getting jobs to remove heat pumps and reinstalling gas boilers. Let’s be honest Net Zero is just pie in the sky and it’s time we stopped banging on about it, these energy companies are earning billions make them invest in innovation from the profits. We could cut these green levy’s now and help the people living today.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 416 - 545
mariner91
August 9, 2022, 1:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,808
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from Humbercod

Forget heat pumps they are practically useless, I know heating engineers who are getting jobs to remove heat pumps and reinstalling gas boilers. Let’s be honest Net Zero is just pie in the sky and it’s time we stopped banging on about it, these energy companies are earning billions make them invest in innovation from the profits. We could cut these green levy’s now and help the people living today.

They're not useless but they're not as effective as gas and far more costly to run. They're also not very easily retrofitted if a house had a gas boiler initially. They've come on a lot in the last few years but have still got some way to go before they're as good as gas. (Other half works for one of the big six energy companies in the heating network)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 417 - 545
Limerick Mariner
August 12, 2022, 6:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from mariner91

They're not useless but they're not as effective as gas and far more costly to run. They're also not very easily retrofitted if a house had a gas boiler initially. They've come on a lot in the last few years but have still got some way to go before they're as good as gas. (Other half works for one of the big six energy companies in the heating network)

They are actually more efficient than gas and direct electric, especially for hot water, but they are more costly to run in poorly insulated homes with the price differential between gas and electricity per unit as at present.

These are cheaper to run than gas or direct immersion for hot water https://www.heatershop.co.uk/dimplex-edl200uk and are good for retrofit especially for homes that already have a HW cylinder in a cupboard near an outside wall. I agree heat pumps are not a ubiquitous solution for older homes and also not necessarily the right solution for central heating for smaller new build homes. For larger new build homes air source heat pumps are probably the way forward. Government is just making a wave of the hand assumption that we install millions of them to hit net zero though.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 418 - 545
Humbercod
August 12, 2022, 10:46pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

They are actually more efficient than gas and direct electric, especially for hot water, but they are more costly to run in poorly insulated homes with the price differential between gas and electricity per unit as at present.

These are cheaper to run than gas or direct immersion for hot water https://www.heatershop.co.uk/dimplex-edl200uk and are good for retrofit especially for homes that already have a HW cylinder in a cupboard near an outside wall. I agree heat pumps are not a ubiquitous solution for older homes and also not necessarily the right solution for central heating for smaller new build homes. For larger new build homes air source heat pumps are probably the way forward. Government is just making a wave of the hand assumption that we install millions of them to hit net zero though.

Hot water is crap when the temperature drops customers and installers are finding out. I would think that given the choice they would opt for a gas boiler all day long. Ive been to a few properties myself and from what the customers tell me is that the excellent government incentives made the decision, but unless they’re installed correctly they will be totally useless.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 419 - 545
55 Pages Prev ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Brexit deal agreed

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.