9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
crusty ole pie
April 21, 2024, 4:39pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,384
Gold Stars: 66
Anyone heard when the work on the removal of the post is starting obviously the ground staff will need time to repair any pitch side damage. I suspect it may have been delayed until league status was assured cos I have a feeling that if relegation had happened we may have been playing in front of an  empty main stand
Logged Offline
Private Message
moosey_club
April 21, 2024, 10:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,294
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from crusty ole pie
Anyone heard when the work on the removal of the post is starting obviously the ground staff will need time to repair any pitch side damage. I suspect it may have been delayed until league status was assured cos I have a feeling that if relegation had happened we may have been playing in front of an  empty main stand

If we had been relegated then a few areas would be empty next season

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 85
Heisenberg
April 21, 2024, 10:32pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,100
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from moosey_club

If we had been relegated then a few areas would be empty next season

My seat in the Findus, for one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 85
BraStrap
April 21, 2024, 10:40pm
Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +3 / -5
Approval: +92
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Heisenberg

My seat in the Findus, for one.

Somebody else is allowed to buy it if you don't you know
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 85
Heisenberg
April 21, 2024, 11:09pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Approval: +5,100
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from BraStrap

Somebody else is allowed to buy it if you don't you know

Absolutely, but there’s a lot less uptake if you’re NL.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 85
Mappers
April 22, 2024, 7:39am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Approval: +4,409
Gold Stars: 119
The main stand needs a lot of work if they don't plan on replacing it , I had a good walk about Saturday and my first thought was the paintwork or lack off around the back and the amount of dirt, mould and grime coating the structure.  Probably an easy fix with a decent clean and paintwork . Obviously there are bigger issues to fix but there are seemingly some easy wins down there .

The whole ground needs some serious investment but the more I look around the more I think it has the potential to be our home  longer term than many of us would want .

Hopefully they can attract some inward investment sooner rather than later so major improvement can happen .

They have done a sterling job with the pitch , It's nice to see us having one of the best pitches in the league once more even in April with 0 games called off all season.  It should get better and better with a full  4 months off .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 85
The Caterham Mariner
April 22, 2024, 8:59am
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +98
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Mappers
The main stand needs a lot of work if they don't plan on replacing it , I had a good walk about Saturday and my first thought was the paintwork or lack off around the back and the amount of dirt, mould and grime coating the structure.  Probably an easy fix with a decent clean and paintwork . Obviously there are bigger issues to fix but there are seemingly some easy wins down there .

The whole ground needs some serious investment but the more I look around the more I think it has the potential to be our home  longer term than many of us would want .

Hopefully they can attract some inward investment sooner rather than later so major improvement can happen .

They have done a sterling job with the pitch , It's nice to see us having one of the best pitches in the league once more even in April with 0 games called off all season.  It should get better and better with a full  4 months off .

Careful look at the Corporation Bridge, on closer examination if not already done to "The Main" could be a can of worms not just a lick of paint and scrub up , love the old girl.

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 85
Mappers
April 22, 2024, 9:09am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Approval: +4,409
Gold Stars: 119

Careful look at the Corporation Bridge, on closer examination if not already done to "The Main" could be a can of worms not just a lick of paint and scrub up , love the old girl.

The first time I have looked closely around  behind 'the main' and I am by no means a structural expert but can't imagine the green mould or whatever it is allover the wood can be doing it much good ?

The only way it can be described is as sort of a thick green foam really , on the dark wood .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 85
Posh Harry
April 22, 2024, 10:12am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,369
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from Mappers

The first time I have looked closely around  behind 'the main' and I am by no means a structural expert but can't imagine the green mould or whatever it is allover the wood can be doing it much good ?

The only way it can be described is as sort of a thick green foam really , on the dark wood .

Sounds fine. I don’t wash the car as I don’t want to get rid of the protective layer of dirt it currently has.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 85
Roast Em Bobby
April 22, 2024, 10:19am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,723
Gold Stars: 44
Removal (or significant reduction) of the number of posts has surely got to be the top priority. I'd really like to know if this is definitely happening this summer before I renew my Season Tickets in the Main Stand.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 85
9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Main stand

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.