9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
crusty ole pie
April 21, 2024, 4:39pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,384
Gold Stars: 66
Anyone heard when the work on the removal of the post is starting obviously the ground staff will need time to repair any pitch side damage. I suspect it may have been delayed until league status was assured cos I have a feeling that if relegation had happened we may have been playing in front of an  empty main stand
Logged Offline
Private Message
moosey_club
April 21, 2024, 10:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,294
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from crusty ole pie
Anyone heard when the work on the removal of the post is starting obviously the ground staff will need time to repair any pitch side damage. I suspect it may have been delayed until league status was assured cos I have a feeling that if relegation had happened we may have been playing in front of an  empty main stand

If we had been relegated then a few areas would be empty next season

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 85
Heisenberg
April 21, 2024, 10:32pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,100
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from moosey_club

If we had been relegated then a few areas would be empty next season

My seat in the Findus, for one.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 85
BraStrap
April 21, 2024, 10:40pm
Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +3 / -5
Approval: +92
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Heisenberg

My seat in the Findus, for one.

Somebody else is allowed to buy it if you don't you know
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 85
Heisenberg
April 21, 2024, 11:09pm
Brandy Drinker
Approval: +5,100
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from BraStrap

Somebody else is allowed to buy it if you don't you know

Absolutely, but there’s a lot less uptake if you’re NL.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 85
Mappers
April 22, 2024, 7:39am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.45
Approval: +4,408
Gold Stars: 119
The main stand needs a lot of work if they don't plan on replacing it , I had a good walk about Saturday and my first thought was the paintwork or lack off around the back and the amount of dirt, mould and grime coating the structure.  Probably an easy fix with a decent clean and paintwork . Obviously there are bigger issues to fix but there are seemingly some easy wins down there .

The whole ground needs some serious investment but the more I look around the more I think it has the potential to be our home  longer term than many of us would want .

Hopefully they can attract some inward investment sooner rather than later so major improvement can happen .

They have done a sterling job with the pitch , It's nice to see us having one of the best pitches in the league once more even in April with 0 games called off all season.  It should get better and better with a full  4 months off .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 85
The Caterham Mariner
April 22, 2024, 8:59am
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +98
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Mappers
The main stand needs a lot of work if they don't plan on replacing it , I had a good walk about Saturday and my first thought was the paintwork or lack off around the back and the amount of dirt, mould and grime coating the structure.  Probably an easy fix with a decent clean and paintwork . Obviously there are bigger issues to fix but there are seemingly some easy wins down there .

The whole ground needs some serious investment but the more I look around the more I think it has the potential to be our home  longer term than many of us would want .

Hopefully they can attract some inward investment sooner rather than later so major improvement can happen .

They have done a sterling job with the pitch , It's nice to see us having one of the best pitches in the league once more even in April with 0 games called off all season.  It should get better and better with a full  4 months off .

Careful look at the Corporation Bridge, on closer examination if not already done to "The Main" could be a can of worms not just a lick of paint and scrub up , love the old girl.

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 85
Mappers
April 22, 2024, 9:09am
Champagne Drinker

Careful look at the Corporation Bridge, on closer examination if not already done to "The Main" could be a can of worms not just a lick of paint and scrub up , love the old girl.

The first time I have looked closely around  behind 'the main' and I am by no means a structural expert but can't imagine the green mould or whatever it is allover the wood can be doing it much good ?

The only way it can be described is as sort of a thick green foam really , on the dark wood .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 85
Posh Harry
April 22, 2024, 10:12am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,368
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from Mappers

The first time I have looked closely around  behind 'the main' and I am by no means a structural expert but can't imagine the green mould or whatever it is allover the wood can be doing it much good ?

The only way it can be described is as sort of a thick green foam really , on the dark wood .

Sounds fine. I don’t wash the car as I don’t want to get rid of the protective layer of dirt it currently has.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 85
Roast Em Bobby
April 22, 2024, 10:19am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,723
Gold Stars: 44
Removal (or significant reduction) of the number of posts has surely got to be the top priority. I'd really like to know if this is definitely happening this summer before I renew my Season Tickets in the Main Stand.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 85
gytone
April 22, 2024, 10:25am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,029
I thought something was supposed to happen last year, but we missed out on the steel work or something like that, don't know really, I could've dreamt it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 85
LocalLadGTFC
April 22, 2024, 10:33am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,311
Gold Stars: 137
there's work going on to the main stand this summer to do with the back of the stand, pretty sure Jason quoted it at something like 750 thousand because it needs a special sort of paint?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 11 - 85
gytone
April 22, 2024, 10:40am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC
there's work going on to the main stand this summer to do with the back of the stand, pretty sure Jason quoted it at something like 750 thousand because it needs a special sort of paint?

I thought that was work on the Findus stand roof that was costing 750k ? Thought a lot of that price was to do with scaffolding,? Not sure though .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 85
LocalLadGTFC
April 22, 2024, 10:53am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from gytone

I thought that was work on the Findus stand roof that was costing 750k ? Thought a lot of that price was to do with scaffolding,? Not sure though .

It could well be, I remember that price point being branded around. I thought it was the main stand as that work was due to be done last summer but was put off till this as we was eligible for some sort of funding that makes it cheaper?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 13 - 85
crusty ole pie
April 22, 2024, 10:59am

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

It could well be, I remember that price point being branded around. I thought it was the main stand as that work was due to be done last summer but was put off till this as we was eligible for some sort of funding that makes it cheaper?

The work in the main stand as i understand is to take structural posts out and replace with a metal frame to give the roof better support cost about350k should have been done last year but applied for an extra time due to some money being paid from some funding
The 750k work is on the findus to sort out the metal and needs tons of scaffold erecting apparently
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 85
RonMariner
April 22, 2024, 11:00am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,789
Gold Stars: 226
It now seems that a new stadium is an economic impossibility, so improving BP is the only realistic option.

If we get an improvement on the pitch next season and are challenging for promotion it’s very possible that we could see regular sell outs for the bigger games.

I think some serious exploration of utilising the open corners should be undertaken. I would imagine each of the three of them might be capable of accommodating thousand seats or so? Could get us to a 12,000 capacity.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 85
grimps
April 22, 2024, 11:18am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,136
Gold Stars: 46
It just seems a massive waste of time and money on something that will surely have to be pulled down and replaced soon.
I think it's time to knock it down and build something newer , bigger and better
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 85
diehardmariner
April 22, 2024, 11:21am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,653
Gold Stars: 539
Yeah, ideally I think we all (including the club) would want that.

Harsh reality is though that we can't afford to do that as a one-off payment nor would we likely be able to get the required permission to do so.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 85
Mappers
April 22, 2024, 11:30am
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

The main stand one is to replace the posts, reducing the number of posts from 8 to 4 in part of the stand as the posts are 'past their usable life' in the words of Pettit - I think it's the half side closer to the Pontoon . The Findus work I have no clue about apart from Stockwood /Pettit saying it's 'some pretty significant work '--  at the fans forum and the quoted pricing on here if that's accurate or not . The 'special paint' is referring to The Findus work I think and possibly other parts of the ground , because parts are erroding badly - again from Pettit either at the forum or 1 of those DN35 interviews
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 85
LocalLadGTFC
April 22, 2024, 11:31am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from crusty ole pie

The work in the main stand as i understand is to take structural posts out and replace with a metal frame to give the roof better support cost about350k should have been done last year but applied for an extra time due to some money being paid from some funding
The 750k work is on the findus to sort out the metal and needs tons of scaffold erecting apparently

Ah gotcha mate, do you remember what the paint thing was? I vividly remember it being covered at the fans forum
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 19 - 85
Mappers
April 22, 2024, 11:44am
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

Ah gotcha mate, do you remember what the paint thing was? I vividly remember it being covered at the fans forum

It's something like because of the wind/salt from the sea is erroding some of the structures so they need that paint putting on them , I'm assuming the findus is the priority for the magic paint hence needing the cherry pickers/scaffolding etc .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 85
BobbyCummingsTackle
April 22, 2024, 12:46pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,300
Gold Stars: 307
I'm not sure you could pay me enough to spend my working day on scaffolding on the Findus roof! The thought of it terrifies me and it'll be cold up there in August.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 85
gytone
April 22, 2024, 1:18pm
Table Wine Drinker
Just a point, couldn't Town get a grant for some/most of the work ? Surely they don't have to pay for it all.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 85
JK47
April 22, 2024, 1:30pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.72
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +205
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from gytone
Just a point, couldn't Town get a grant for some/most of the work ? Surely they don't have to pay for it all.

What we don't fund

Although our funding approach is flexible, there are some things we simply don’t cover:

Facilities that are not available for community use
    Kit and equipment
    Projects intended for private gain
    Projects outside England
    Retrospective funding (for works that have already started or been completed)
    Routine maintenance and repairs resulting from wear and tear and not part of a grass pitch improvement programme
    Facility hire

https://footballfoundation.org.uk/looking-for-funding

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 85
crusty ole pie
April 22, 2024, 1:35pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

It’s got something to do with fire protection on the steel in the upper so assume it’s the same in the main
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 85
WOZOFGRIMSBY
April 22, 2024, 8:31pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,907
Gold Stars: 179
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

Maybe get one on temu or wonder if we can pay for it on Klarna

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 85
oochiad
April 22, 2024, 8:49pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,725
Gold Stars: 28
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby
Removal (or significant reduction) of the number of posts has surely got to be the top priority. I'd really like to know if this is definitely happening this summer before I renew my Season Tickets in the Main Stand.

Blimey, been sitting in the main stand for best part of 40 years, I’ll still buy my season ticket if they haven’t moved the posts as I think I’m used to them 😂🤣😂🤣. I personally love our ground as it’s full of nostalgia when I think of all the great times I’ve had. Dread the thought of moving to a ‘new’ ground. I do of course realise I’m in the minority! UTM and happy for posts to remain if we don’t have the budget to remove them!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 85
oochiad
April 22, 2024, 8:51pm
Cocktail Drinker
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,725
Gold Stars: 28
A quick mention about the pitch, it’s simply superb, everyone sat around me on Saturday were marvelling about how fantastic it looked on our last home game of the season. Well done to all involved!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 85
Mappers
April 23, 2024, 3:38pm
Champagne Drinker
Tweet 1782359128624566367 will appear here...
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 85
pen penfras
April 23, 2024, 3:46pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -128
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from Mappers

Agree with everything Stockwood says there, but they surely knew that when they were sticking it all over the telegraph trying to drum up support.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 85
Sir Matt Tease
April 23, 2024, 3:57pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +293
Gold Stars: 31
I'm not sure you could pay me enough to spend my working day on scaffolding on the Findus roof! The thought of it terrifies me and it'll be cold up there in August.

https://ibb.co/nr31tLF

No such worries in 1972 as 22,484 crammed into Blundell Park to see Town beat Exeter City to clinch the title ! Fans on top of the old Barratt's Stand, cherry pickers my bottom !!!!!!!!!!!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 85
rancido
April 23, 2024, 5:37pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,617
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from oochiad
A quick mention about the pitch, it’s simply superb, everyone sat around me on Saturday were marvelling about how fantastic it looked on our last home game of the season. Well done to all involved!!

I mentioned this a couple of weeks ago. In all the 58 years that I have been watching town I can't ever remember an end of season when the pitch looked as good as it does this season. I know the owners have spent a lot of money on the pitch but IMO it was money well spent. When you think back to the previous incumbent who ran the club like his ventures into the fish processing industry - second rate equipment, third rate raw materials but an expectation to produce a first class product - JS and AP understand the need to have the best equipment and materials to get the best result. Of course this is dependant on those responsible to source this.
A lot has been mentioned in other threads about the owners wanting an " Identity in how we play" a so called "Grimsby Way". I fully understand and get this. When the whole club structure is geared to this then it is easier to find a manager to fit that role. The way that clubs change managers mean that if you employ a manager with a game plan then he will bring in players to suit that style. When it doesn't work then you get rid of the manager but you are left with a squad of players geared up for that way. A new manager may have his own style in which a lot of his inherited players don't fit. Surely it's far better to change managers to play to a specified format than to completely change a squad to suit another managers preferred style?

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 85
essexexile
April 23, 2024, 5:41pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +186
Gold Stars: 1
I would like to see the Findus rebuilt as it was with the latch key door at the top of the steps to bring it back into line with the Main Stand
When are they going to reinstate the Boys Stand next to the Barrett?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 85
Grantham_Mariner
April 23, 2024, 6:54pm

Season Ticket Holder
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,196
Gold Stars: 51
Quoted from essexexile
I would like to see the Findus rebuilt as it was with the latch key door at the top of the steps to bring it back into line with the Main Stand
When are they going to reinstate the Boys Stand next to the Barrett?

Hope KG does not read this  

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 85
ancientmariner54
April 23, 2024, 7:19pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: -176
Gold Stars: 13
I've no problem with the posts in the main stand, been sat in there so long you get used to them . My grumble is with the twots who arrive two minutes after kick off ,then want to be out before half time and come back just after second half kicks off . I'm up and down like a whores draws . Rant over .  U.T.M.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 85
Lost in Lincoln
April 24, 2024, 11:52am
Formerly siy2k5
Snakebite drinker
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +388
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from ancientmariner54
I've no problem with the posts in the main stand, been sat in there so long you get used to them . My grumble is with the twots who arrive two minutes after kick off ,then want to be out before half time and come back just after second half kicks off . I'm up and down like a whores draws . Rant over .  U.T.M.

Not to mention the ones who think they can just stand at the barrier for the last 5 minutes so no-one in the front rows can see a fecking thing!

While the 'stewards' stand there wide eyed

First game: 7/5/88 Aldershot (h) 1-1 (R)
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 35 - 85
DB
April 24, 2024, 2:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.46
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from Lost in Lincoln

Not to mention the ones who think they can just stand at the barrier for the last 5 minutes so no-one in the front rows can see a fecking thing!

While the 'stewards' stand there wide eyed

Same in the Findus Stand.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 85
The Caterham Mariner
April 24, 2024, 3:07pm
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Approval: +98
Quoted from ancientmariner54

LOL!!!...Thats why I DON'T like going to the theatre with my wife. I have discovered at the Swindon home my favourite seat in the Findus T-72 Block C end of a row .
UTM

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 85
White_shorts
April 24, 2024, 3:13pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -647
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from Mappers

Someone here reckoned Mr Stockwood has £100m to his name.  What's the point to having all that money just sitting in a bank?  Use it to build something that would benefit thousands of people.

In theory we could stay at BP, finish mid-table League One every year and maybe have a season in the Championship every ten years.  However, it is more likely that the general public would become apathetic and the club yo-yo between L1 and L2.  We know too well what happens when you assemble a poor squad in L2.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 85
toontown
April 24, 2024, 6:33pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,275
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from White_shorts

Someone here reckoned Mr Stockwood has £100m to his name.  What's the point to having all that money just sitting in a bank?  Use it to build something that would benefit thousands of people.

In theory we could stay at BP, finish mid-table League One every year and maybe have a season in the Championship every ten years.  However, it is more likely that the general public would become apathetic and the club yo-yo between L1 and L2.  We know too well what happens when you assemble a poor squad in L2.

Yes we'll it's very easy spending someone else's money
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 85
gytone
April 24, 2024, 8:57pm
Table Wine Drinker
I still think BP, in its present state isn't big enough, we averged about 6500 this season, for a team that struggled. If and I realise it's a big if, we have any success at all I think fans would be frustrated getting decent seats to sit in, resulting in fans not choosing to attend and the club losing out on revenue.
I don't think we can afford to move, but maybe redevelop BP, seats in the corners, new roof on the main stand etc, I've no idea where the money comes from though, grants ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 85
Brummie Codfather
April 25, 2024, 7:33am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +878
Gold Stars: 22
Quoted from White_shorts

In theory we could stay at BP, finish mid-table League One every year and maybe have a season in the Championship every ten years.  However, it is more likely that the general public would become apathetic and the club yo-yo between L1 and L2.

Apart from the apathetic bit this sounds pretty amazing to me!  I don’t know about others but even if realistic (which it isn’t) I have no interest in getting to the Premier League with all the corporate guff, insane wages, shite kick off times and VAR.  I’d quite happily be doing OK in league 1 or 2 and if you ever had a season in the Championship, great.

The most important thing to me is to feel a connection to the club, and enjoy myself with my fellow Town fans at a game.   That’s one of the reasons I don’t sit in the Main Stand tbh, I get annoyed being able to see F all.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 85
Mappers
April 25, 2024, 8:13am
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from gytone
I still think BP, in its present state isn't big enough, we averged about 6500 this season, for a team that struggled. If and I realise it's a big if, we have any success at all I think fans would be frustrated getting decent seats to sit in, resulting in fans not choosing to attend and the club losing out on revenue.
I don't think we can afford to move, but maybe redevelop BP, seats in the corners, new roof on the main stand etc, I've no idea where the money comes from though, grants ?

It's not big enough , but how much not big enough is open to debate . I'm not sure there are 5k extra fans out there just waiting to come if we move through the gears in terms of doing well in league 1 or 2 . I think we could get 1 -3k more if we had larger capacity and were able to offer the full away end to the larger clubs in league 1 . The commercial argument for a new ground is no longer so strong , you look at Doncaster,MK Dons and the Colchester grounds they just make me think staying at BP isn't so bad after all people seem to enjoy it for the novelty factor ,even away fans .

I suppose the question is - how do you improve it to modern day standard while keeping that unique twist to it ?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 85
Mikey_345
April 25, 2024, 9:49am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +5,528
Gold Stars: 107
Quoted from White_shorts

Seems we are just ignoring the fact he's already spent, along with Andrew, a considerable amount of money. It's always easy spending other peoples money - does every single fan pour all their money into the club? No.. so what changes just cause you have more than the others.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 85
LocalLadGTFC
April 25, 2024, 10:00am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from White_shorts

If you had 100 million would you put it into the club? I know I wouldn't. JS jokingly made a comment that he's spending his childrens inheritance but he has a point, we all know BP and the club have been mishandled for 20 plus years.. I imagine if they knew the level of spending required then it'd of probably put them off buying the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 44 - 85
grimps
April 25, 2024, 10:07am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

If you had 100 million would you put it into the club? I know I wouldn't. JS jokingly made a comment that he's spending his childrens inheritance but he has a point, we all know BP and the club have been mishandled for 20 plus years.. I imagine if they knew the level of spending required then it'd of probably put them off buying the club.

I would stick 50 million in for the club's new stadium, then I'd squander the rest on fast cars and loose women.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 85
diehardmariner
April 25, 2024, 10:10am
Vodka Drinker
Do you think Jason has £100mill in his house, maybe in a shitload of those £1 pocket coin dispensers?

His worth will be tied up in other investments.  But regardless of how cash rich he is, let's see you put 40% of your worth into the stadium first and I'm sure others will follow...

Hate this mindset that just because someone has a bit of wealth it's acceptable to call on them to get their hand in their pocket.  It's crass.
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 85
Mikey_345
April 25, 2024, 10:13am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

I'm sure someone can correct me if I am wrong, however didn't the previous incumbent walk away having received more money than they put in through shares and loans? Not seeing much prospect or desire from Jason and Andrew for that happening in this case.

They've thrown money in to improving things that have been allowed to rot and decay for years. Whether that's the training ground, the stadium, the pitch, the squad or a hundred other facilities/assets.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 85
The Yard Dog
April 25, 2024, 11:26am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,514
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from Brummie Codfather

Apart from the apathetic bit this sounds pretty amazing to me!  I don’t know about others but even if realistic (which it isn’t) I have no interest in getting to the Premier League with all the corporate guff, insane wages, shite kick off times and VAR.  I’d quite happily be doing OK in league 1 or 2 and if you ever had a season in the Championship, great.

The most important thing to me is to feel a connection to the club, and enjoy myself with my fellow Town fans at a game.   That’s one of the reasons I don’t sit in the Main Stand tbh, [/b]I get annoyed being able to see F all.[b]

That might have been a blessing this season.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 85
Chrisblor
April 25, 2024, 11:38am

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,933
Gold Stars: 238
If I win the £130m euromillions jackpot tomorrow night I will personally fund a new stadium for town, and that's a chrisblor promise!

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 85
wuffing
April 25, 2024, 11:45am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +841
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from Chrisblor
If I win the £130m euromillions jackpot tomorrow night I will personally fund a new stadium for town, and that's a chrisblor promise!

Pre-emptive begging letter already posted to you Chris!

'I walked in the dressing room. The window was open and I thought that a sea fret had got in. Then I saw smoke billowing from a pipe in the corner of the room...it was my centre-forward. He looked seven stone wet through. He went on to score thirty-odd goals that season.' Lawrie McMenemy on encountering the legend that was Matt Tees.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 85
Mappers
April 25, 2024, 11:45am
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Mikey_345

I'm sure someone can correct me if I am wrong, however didn't the previous incumbent walk away having received more money than they put in through shares and loans? Not seeing much prospect or desire from Jason and Andrew for that happening in this case.

They've thrown money in to improving things that have been allowed to rot and decay for years. Whether that's the training ground, the stadium, the pitch, the squad or a hundred other facilities/assets.

They are willing to write off the 3 million or so that they have invested to date , which I think people should be grateful for . It might well be a small % of what they have but they want to leave the club in a better place than where they found it and I assume part of that is leaving the club in a debt free position without spending far far beyond it's means .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 85
paulmblythe
April 25, 2024, 12:54pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +120
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from Mappers

They are willing to write off the 3 million or so that they have invested to date , which I think people should be grateful for . It might well be a small % of what they have but they want to leave the club in a better place than where they found it and I assume part of that is leaving the club in a debt free position without spending far far beyond it's means .

i agree on the right off. They could do what the wrexham owners have done. Any money their owners have put in is in the form of an interest bearing loan. Reynolds and Mchelleny are making money out of Wrexham based on that. I dont think our owners are....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 85
Mappers
April 25, 2024, 1:20pm
Champagne Drinker
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 85
diehardmariner
April 25, 2024, 1:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted Text
One question that inevitably arises is how, with all our data and insights, we still found ourselves in a relegation battle. The answer is straightforward: we were on a steep learning curve. At the end of the previous season, when we first gained access to data models and recruitment intelligence, we did not fully integrate this new approach throughout the organisation. Traditional methods – relying on an “eye for a player”, responding uniquely to each opponent and valuing simple hard work – had previously propelled us out of the National League, so there was resistance to placing data and strategy at the forefront.

In retrospect, this reluctance was a mistake. We lacked a defined game model, leaving recruitment decisions to the management team without a clear, owner-set strategy. Although we recruited technically superior players, their potential was undercut by a lack of clarity on their roles. It’s like going shopping without knowing what you’re planning to cook. You can buy the best eggs available but they won’t help much if you decide to make tomato soup when you get home.

Interesting.

Quoted Text
We lacked a defined game model, leaving recruitment decisions to the management team without a clear, owner-set strategy.

Very interesting.
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 85
DB
April 25, 2024, 1:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.46
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from Mappers

Is this what is meant by Grimsby way, from the above article,

"established a defined game model with an aligned management team. Moving forward, recruitment will be strategic, adhering to this model"

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 85
TownSNAFU5
April 25, 2024, 1:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,894
Gold Stars: 42
Didn’t Man United use data to look at 50 fullbacks, then bought Bissauka?  (Spelling).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 85
LocalLadGTFC
April 25, 2024, 2:06pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Didn’t Man United use data to look at 50 fullbacks, then bought Bissauka?  (Spelling).

This is the same United that thought giving a 32 year old Casemiro a 4 year deal on 350 grand a week was a good idea
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 57 - 85
Mikey_345
April 25, 2024, 2:17pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from diehardmariner

Very interesting.

Yes and massively welcome and over due. It's the answer to the question many fans ask when things aren't going well and has been asked by ourselves for many years under Fenty. "What's the plan" "How are we going to improve". Well we now have that answer. Seen a few decide they want to criticise it, suppose that's natural but it is somewhat surprising when we've been crying out for a plan or strategy for years other than trying not to be as excrement as other teams.

If you cannot plough stupid amount of money into a playing budget, which itself doesn't guarantee you anything - Colchester/FGR/Scunny etc etc. Then you have to get your edge elsewhere. With Wrexham and Stockport it's money, Crewe it has been youth development and Barrow it's their training ground location. I am very interested to see how this works and where it gets us. The direction has been set by the owners and they've provided the resources and brought in people that buy in to it - the rest is up to Artell and the staff..

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 85
diehardmariner
April 25, 2024, 3:25pm
Vodka Drinker
I'd say it could be even less than a direction.  It could be an end point.  

A strategy states where you're going to get to.  The implementation is the direction you take to get there.

I think it'll be a bit of in between.  The Grimsby Way has now become the Game Model.  It sounds great if things are going well and it sounds horrific when things aren't, also becomes a massive stick to hit them with.  I imagine their on-field strategy is entertaining football that's relatively successful and with a constant eye on improving.  The concept of improving will be regards league position, profit of players, increased gates/demand, a whole load of things. Within that will be the tool (data).  

How Artell and the staff use that is down to them.  That's the implementation plan.
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 85
Mappers
April 25, 2024, 3:47pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from diehardmariner
I'd say it could be even less than a direction.  It could be an end point.  

A strategy states where you're going to get to.  The implementation is the direction you take to get there.

I think it'll be a bit of in between.  The Grimsby Way has now become the Game Model.  It sounds great if things are going well and it sounds horrific when things aren't, also becomes a massive stick to hit them with.  I imagine their on-field strategy is entertaining football that's relatively successful and with a constant eye on improving.  The concept of improving will be regards league position, profit of players, increased gates/demand, a whole load of things. Within that will be the tool (data).  

How Artell and the staff use that is down to them.  That's the implementation plan.

I would be interested in what their exit strategy is - we are 3 years in now and those boys have done more good than bad and I like them a lot but I can't imagine they will/want to stick around for the length of tenure Dear John did .

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 85
Teestogreen
April 25, 2024, 3:50pm

Champagne Drinker
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -160
Gold Stars: 23
The good news is that in a national newspaper, the directors have accepted that allowing the previous management team to recruit was a mistake.
So - the solution to that mistake must now be in process - whatever that is.

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 85
forza ivano
April 25, 2024, 8:14pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,267
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from Teestogreen
The good news is that in a national newspaper, the directors have accepted that allowing the previous management team to recruit was a mistake.
So - the solution to that mistake must now be in process - whatever that is.

He's explained exactly what the process is. 1878 lay out the overall strategy, and the management team carry out that strategy ,but they do it with the freedom to interpret and carry out the strategy as they see best. i.e. 1878 aren't going to micro manage , that's up up the football experts
The basic problem was this; Hurst did his own thing, and wasn't fully on board with 1878's approach. that was fine in NL , but as another couple of posters have pointed out, EFL recruitment and success at EFL level with Gy, was a step too far for Hurst.
they have now reiterated their approach and have recruited a manager and CEO who are fully behind this plan. The next 6 -8 months will be pivotal
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 85
Teestogreen
April 25, 2024, 8:42pm

Champagne Drinker
So - is it a plan or is it a strategy - and what is it?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 85
ska face
April 25, 2024, 8:46pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,754
Gold Stars: 851
I think Stockwood saying (in effect) they want to move away from having a team set up to stop the opposition - whatever that means in terms of style, formation, personnel - is a big plus and shows a real divergence with Hurst’s mindset and, ultimately, how he used to recruit.

It’s what fans have been asking for for years. Doesn’t have to be rolling it across the 6-yard line but we play our way and either win or lose on our own terms. Sign players to play a certain, positive, way rather than a bunch of stoppers who might be able to nick a couple.
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 85
Teestogreen
April 25, 2024, 8:58pm

Champagne Drinker
The ethos sounds great - but who is it who is going to sign these players to play the Grimsby Way - the owners obviously do not trust the club management team to do this, after last seasons experience.
looking forward to next season already

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 85
Mikey_345
April 25, 2024, 9:06pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Teestogreen
The ethos sounds great - but who is it who is going to sign these players to play the Grimsby Way - the owners obviously do not trust the club management team to do this, after last seasons experience.

Can you could explain how that’s obvious, because it certainly isn’t to me..

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 85
ska face
April 25, 2024, 9:17pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,754
Gold Stars: 851
Quoted from Teestogreen

Well they sacked the bloke who didn’t do what they asked, and appointed a bloke who will. So…maybe him?
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 85
forza ivano
April 25, 2024, 10:01pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,267
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from ska face
I think Stockwood saying (in effect) they want to move away from having a team set up to stop the opposition - whatever that means in terms of style, formation, personnel - is a big plus and shows a real divergence with Hurst’s mindset and, ultimately, how he used to recruit.

It’s what fans have been asking for for years. Doesn’t have to be rolling it across the 6-yard line but we play our way and either win or lose on our own terms. Sign players to play a certain, positive, way rather than a bunch of stoppers who might be able to nick a couple.

strategy/plan - that's just semantics.
it's what Ska says - Hurst's approach is perfect for being in the top echelon of  NL or EFL survival , this season has proved his inability to take the next step forward.
i suspect that they allowed Hurst to have his head, given his previous success and their lack of football experience (this ties in with a couple of things I was told about Hurst/Doig running rings, football wise, round Debbie) , something they wouldn't necessarily do in their other businesses. Having experienced 23-24 they are not going to allow that to happen again, so Artell has been recruited (& presumably the new CEO) beacuse they share , and will carry oit, the general 1878 approach
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 85
Teestogreen
April 25, 2024, 10:10pm

Champagne Drinker
So the owners are now in control of which players they are asking Dave Artell and the new CEO to sign?
Or it wil be as last season.
2 hours and 34 minutes down the M62 probably gets you to Manchester / Liverpool.
Quite a catchment area for potential better players - could follow the Barrow model - and have the training facilities around Manchester?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 85
Teestogreen
April 25, 2024, 10:15pm

Champagne Drinker

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 85
LocalLadGTFC
April 25, 2024, 10:54pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Teestogreen
So the owners are now in control of which players they are asking Dave Artell and the new CEO to sign?
2 hours and 34 minutes down the M62 probably gets you to Manchester / Liverpool.
Quite a catchment area for potential better players - could follow the Barrow model - and have the training facilities around Manchester?

You are putting 2 & 2 together and getting 5... where on earth did JS say he will be deciding who signs for the club. They set the ethos and strategy of the football club but leave footballing decisions to the men in charge of that i.e DA & SP for the first team and JH for recruitment. DA has been appointed to carry that out, if he doesn't do that then he loses his job.. like any normal job.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 71 - 85
Theimperialcoroner
April 25, 2024, 11:34pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,253
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from Teestogreen

Also one thing Barrow do is run with a good few less players in their squad and therefore pay a higher average salary. Can’t remember the exact numbers but if we pay an average of £150k they are paying £180k. Quality over quantity and it shows. The gamble of course is injuries but then I guess you have to either suck it up or use the loan market well.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 85
grimps
April 26, 2024, 5:11am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

You are putting 2 & 2 together and getting 5... where on earth did JS say he will be deciding who signs for the club. They set the ethos and strategy of the football club but leave footballing decisions to the men in charge of that i.e DA & SP for the first team and JH for recruitment. DA has been appointed to carry that out, if he doesn't do that then he loses his job.. like any normal job.

I believe a chairman has every right to ask a manager he's recruiting to try and play in a way that's more attacking and exciting, especially at home.
I think that should be the maximum involvement he should have after that though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 85
diehardmariner
April 26, 2024, 9:34am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Teestogreen

That's Stockwood's journey back to his Manchester home.  Nothing more, nothing less.

Artell lives away, I think Greater Manchester area.  But he's said that he's ok commuting and staying over because a) the travel gives him time to think and b) his body isn't taking a battering day-in-day-out, he wouldn't expect or want players to be travelling that much.  
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 85
GrimPol
April 26, 2024, 9:54am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +5 / -6
Approval: -782
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

DA & SP for the first team and JH for recruitment JH recruits, and if it doesn't work DA gets the sack? In the normal world, doesn't quite work that way.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 85
Theimperialcoroner
April 26, 2024, 10:01am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,253
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from GrimPol

DA & SP for the first team and JH for recruitment JH recruits, and if it doesn't work DA gets the sack? In the normal world, doesn't quite work that way.

I think it’s clear that JH offers up a number of options and then Artell gets to choose. The difference is of these options Hurst just ignored them and went with his own preferences. If you think that JH and DA work in their own little bubbles then you are very much mistaken. You simply could operate that way.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 85
Mappers
April 26, 2024, 10:10am
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from GrimPol

True , but these were the terms and conditions  DA agreed to when he took on the job, it's not like Hurst who was already in situ so it was (I assume ) more difficult to get him to adhere to within the strategy they want to implement . He had full accountability and fell on his sword , on his own terms - It's clear it went really badly wrong last summer with his regular methodology but with more money at his disposal.

DA will have the final say on signings , but if It goes wrong with the signings there will be more group accountability than just the manager - whether that's right or wrong is open to  debate but I'm pretty certain that's how it will be .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 85
GrimPol
April 26, 2024, 10:27am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +5 / -6
Approval: -782
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from grimps

I believe a chairman has every right to ask a manager he's recruiting to try and play in a way that's more attacking and exciting, especially at home.
I think that should be the maximum involvement he should have after that though.

Tinged with realism.  It's alright recruiting a racehorse trainer and asking him to win The Grand National, but on his budget can only afford Donkeys.

And whilst I'm at it, JH (Head of Recruitment Joe Hutchinson)  was recruited in Nov 2022, hence spanned the 2023-24 season recruitment. So did JH in early 2023 put out a list, that PH ignored, put out his list of players he wanted,  and the CEO/JS signed off?  He then has to back PH, then sack PH shambolically, and writes a sob piece in the Guardian with profound lessons that "if you sack people they become unemployed" (I didn't know that) and now lets it be known that PH didn't listen and went off on his own, which we signed off. Boo Hoo.

What is going on?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 85
LocalLadGTFC
April 26, 2024, 11:51am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from GrimPol

So a head of recruitment is a scout, he will do all the work of a scout but is more advanced in the fact he will oversee recruitment throughout the whole club. They will speak with players, staff and then JS or the new CEO. David Artell still has final say over every single player that signs on the dotted line as like you said, the book stops with him and it's his job on the line but he puts his trust in JH and rightfully so. The man that brought us Conteh in the summer, replaced him with Thompson despite many thinking we wouldn't be able to upgrade on Kam we very much have. Paul Hurst quite clearly trusted his own insticts over JH and has every right to do so but that's not what JS/AP want through the club and the performances quite clearly showed that PH was wrong to go against him hence why he was sacked.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 79 - 85
arryarryarry
April 26, 2024, 5:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Mappers

True , but these were the terms and conditions  DA agreed to when he took on the job, it's not like Hurst who was already in situ so it was (I assume ) more difficult to get him to adhere to within the strategy they want to implement . He had full accountability and fell on his sword , on his own terms - It's clear it went really badly wrong last summer with his regular methodology but with more money at his disposal.

DA will have the final say on signings , but if It goes wrong with the signings there will be more group accountability than just the manager - whether that's right or wrong is open to  debate but I'm pretty certain that's how it will be .

I thought he was sacked.
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 85
WOZOFGRIMSBY
April 27, 2024, 11:03am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,907
Gold Stars: 179
Hindsight is wonderful and while PH gave us those good times with the promotions and fa cup journey, I would say that 70% of the fan base grew bored of the turgid football thrown up most weeks. We were in essence trying to be less 5hit than 2 other 5hit teams.

While JH uses his knowledge and spreadsheets to find players to fit in with the model of the ‘Grimsby way’ DA can spend more time with the players, more time with the club and more time with the supporters. He gets to break away from the office for some time and get some time away, this no doubt is beneficial to his mental health which in turn gives clear fresh insight into both what happens on and off the pitch/s.

I think what is expected now , is players will now be on the radar from further away and be able to fit into a defined role/s. The data isn’t the be all and end all as it can’t put things like emotion and injury into an end result but, hopefully it’ll lead to a more defined path of what is expected by supporters, management team and owners.

It’ll definitely be interesting to see where we are 12 months from now and see where this philosophy of football takes us to

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 85
Mappers
April 27, 2024, 11:25am
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from arryarryarry

I thought he was sacked.

I meant more in terms of the way we set up with recruitment and system which was all down to him, sorry if my terminology was poor.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 85
WesternMariner
April 27, 2024, 12:36pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +947
Gold Stars: 38
“So a head of recruitment is a scout, he will do all the work of a scout but is more advanced in the fact he will oversee recruitment throughout the whole club. They will speak with players, staff and then JS or the new CEO. David Artell still has final say over every single player that signs on the dotted line as like you said, the book stops with him and it's his job on the line but he puts his trust in JH and rightfully so.”

I’ve got no problem with this - if JH is a talented bloke who can spot a player then go and scout him, maybe if he likes him takes DA to watch him etc. Maybe DA says to JH we need a midfield general what have you got in your database. What’s the difference with between that and Arthur Mann or Peter Taylor? Kind of makes me think the whole data thing is being overblown and what’s really happening in a not moneyball but a tweak on good old fashioned scouting.

All men are equal before fish.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 85
GollyGTFC
April 27, 2024, 1:22pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,045
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
We were in essence trying to be less 5hit than 2 other 5hit teams.

Thank god we've moved on from those days hey...

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 84 - 85
crusty ole pie
May 2, 2024, 9:53pm

Whiskey Drinker
Surprised no one’s got a picture of the work being done or that the club have not done a post watch video  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 85
9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Main stand

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.