Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › When can we breathe?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

So what do we reckon?
Safe after Colchester? (27 votes)
21.09%
Done after Swindon? (52 votes)
40.62%
Nervy last day? (49 votes)
38.28%
128 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll
Voting in this poll has ended.

When can we breathe?

This thread currently has 8,255 views. Print
11 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
April 9, 2024, 11:00pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
The sooner this season is over the better.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
lew chaterleys lover
April 9, 2024, 11:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,745
Gold Stars: 237
Anything but the last day. I don't think I or many fans could stand it.

I keep seeing posters trying to reassure us all will be well because games are running out, but I'm still not convinced. It would take a poor set of results on Saturday to really set the alarm bells ringing. It's exhausting just thinking about it.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 103
TownSNAFU5
April 9, 2024, 11:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,894
Gold Stars: 42
We have the better goal difference compared to our close rivals.  Worth a valuable point if there are no large scores.  Interestingly, if it comes down to goals scored then everybody is virtually equal.  Bar FGR who about down.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 103
promotion plaice
April 9, 2024, 11:39pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,086
Gold Stars: 200

It pains me to say it but things don't seem to have got much better since Fenty.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 103
heppy88
April 10, 2024, 12:15am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from promotion plaice

It pains me to say it but things don't seem to have got much better since Fenty.

We were having this discussion in the car on the way home. It depends how you define “better”. I believe the club are safer  with 1878 at the helm. But in all honesty I can’t see them putting in the kinds of money that is required to enable us to challenge anywhere near the top of this league. The team needs a complete overhaul. With all the money that needs spending on BP in the close season I doubt Artell will have much of a war chest available. I’m still not convinced Artell is the right man either. So although safer I’m not convinced we are “better”.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 103
Ashby mariner
April 10, 2024, 6:33am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 8
What upsets me is that the conference teas and also the team in the 2nd half of last season had in my opinion so much more desire, determination, togherness and quality. Players like Crocombe, Fox Taylor, Mcatee, Waterfall, Emanuel, Smith, Lloyd , Orsi, ect. We just have gone backwards so much . I know players age and some where only here on loan. However we shouldn't have a better squad in the conference compared to league 2. Even if we stay up what happens next season another season of being in the bottom quarter of league 2?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 103
ginnywings
April 10, 2024, 7:59am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Ashby mariner
What upsets me is that the conference teas and also the team in the 2nd half of last season had in my opinion so much more desire, determination, togherness and quality. Players like Crocombe, Fox Taylor, Mcatee, Waterfall, Emanuel, Smith, Lloyd , Orsi, ect. We just have gone backwards so much . I know players age and some where only here on loan. However we shouldn't have a better squad in the conference compared to league 2. Even if we stay up what happens next season another season of being in the bottom quarter of league 2?

It's a repeat of the first time we got out of non league.

The team that got us promoted was dismantled; we had a reasonably good first season back in League 2, then we went downhill, resulting in our eventual relegation back to non league.

If we manage to cling on to our league status this season, what's to say we won't continue to struggle?

We just don't seem to have the money or pulling power to recruit decent standard players, which is why we constantly find ourselves in trouble at the wrong end of the table.

Watching last night again reiterated how very poor most of our players are and the season can be summed up by our failure to beat Harrogate yet again.

Have we ever beaten them?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 103
denni266
April 10, 2024, 8:09am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +700
Gold Stars: 132
Unless there is big investment in the playing side it will be the same again next season no matter what league we are in . And at 72 i think i will be selective in the games i go to. After going since the late 50`s i think its time to do other things with my money unless take a big up turn in playing standards.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 103
MuddyWaters
April 10, 2024, 8:17am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,277
Gold Stars: 236
Can’t say I disagree with many points made here.

We seem to be delivering similar levels of achievement and paying a lot more staff in the process.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 103
dapperz fun pub
April 10, 2024, 8:19am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,022
Gold Stars: 83
I heard some guy on Radio hull saying we’ve got a mid table budget I find that hard to believe looking at the players or perhaps they’ve all got smart agents
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 103
11 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › When can we breathe?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.