5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Mayaman
April 2, 2024, 2:09pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,421
Gold Stars: 74
We didn't much look like scoring yesterday.  We forced a lot of fouls from Bradford and ended up with chances to get the ball in the box but what did we do?  We squandered them by playing so slick looking free kick which invariably came to sodomist all.  We have to remember that we are playing league two opposition and pinging balls into the box might force a mistake; a handball or cruel deflection (cruel for the opposition) as was demonstrated by Obikwu's goal against Barrow.   That was the most frustrating thing about the Bradford game. I thought the FA had brought in a new rule about only get the ball into the box via throw-ins.  The second most frustrating thing was seeing Vernam on the bench at full-time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 40
diehardmariner
April 2, 2024, 2:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,650
Gold Stars: 539
Quoted from GollyGTFC
With Colchester having 5 of their remaining 7 matches at home and them being unbeaten at home in their last 5 matches it seems likely they will stay up.

Not so sure on that to be honest.

Stockport, Wrexham and Crewe should all have something to play for when they play them.  We definitely will do and it's only Donny who will be go into their home fixtures already on the beach.

They've ground out draws at home against those at the top (Mansfield and Walsall) but also failed to beat both Sutton and FGR on their own patch.  Only win came against Newport (who you presume will be coasting, bloody hope so ahead of Saturday).

I think our game there in a fortnight could be pivotal.  

Private Message
Reply: 21 - 40
Teestogreen
April 2, 2024, 2:13pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -156
Gold Stars: 23

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 40
Teestogreen
April 2, 2024, 2:16pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -156
Gold Stars: 23
D. Wilson (Dave scored 2) - could be a sign

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 40
diehardmariner
April 2, 2024, 2:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,650
Gold Stars: 539
Quoted from Maringer
Will there be a Harry Cardwell moment where one of our players trips over his own laces and it leads to us nicking a win?

That Cardwell assisted run at the end of the 17/18 season saw us pick up 13 points from our final 5 games.  That was off the back of a 20-game winless streak, picking up just 6 points in the process.  Going into that Chesterfield game (42nd of the season) I had absolutely no hope we would  turn it around.  Yet we survived and in the end quite comfortably.  We discovered that Mitch Rose had both a long throw and was an absolute dead-eye on penalties, as you pointed out we figured out Cardwell was great at falling over, we found out that Martyn Woolford couldn't cut it on the wing but as part of a midfield three he still had something to offer, that the energy of Harry Clifton on the right of a front three was perfect for what we needed, that bloody hell JJ Hooper on the left offered far more than he ever did down the middle.

Loads happens in the final few weeks of the season.  This season is far from over, nor is it done with twists and turns.  Someone will emerge as an unexpected hero.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 40
Mariner93er
April 2, 2024, 2:50pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,736
Gold Stars: 28
Every game is of huge importance, but Saturday could be the defining match day. We have what is a winnable game at home against a team with little to play for, while the other three teams face top-5 opposition. We simply have to end the day with a bigger buffer than when we start. If we don't, I fear the writing will be on the wall.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 40
Mayaman
April 2, 2024, 3:08pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,421
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from diehardmariner

Loads happens in the final few weeks of the season.  This season is far from over, nor is it done with twists and turns.  Someone will emerge as an unexpected hero.

I'd love it to be Eastwood.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 40
bawarmy
April 2, 2024, 3:38pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +2,020
Gold Stars: 33
I truly think if the linesman at Sutton hadn't been such a cheating wankshaft the momentum would have still been with us. Maybe not to beat Wrexham, but maybe get something at Barrow and 3 points yesterday. Plus that would mean we would be 4 points clear of Sutton now so another 3 more points, I believe would do it.

Clutching at straws I know but....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 40
Marinerdan
April 2, 2024, 3:59pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +15 / -1
Approval: +970
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from Mayaman

I'd love it to be Eastwood.

That would make my day.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 40
chaos33
April 2, 2024, 7:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,972
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from bawarmy
I truly think if the linesman at Sutton hadn't been such a cheating wankshaft the momentum would have still been with us. Maybe not to beat Wrexham, but maybe get something at Barrow and 3 points yesterday. Plus that would mean we would be 4 points clear of Sutton now so another 3 more points, I believe would do it.

Clutching at straws I know but....

No, you are right. That tw*t could be decisive.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 40
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Sutton United & Forest Green Rovers

Thread Rating

There have been 1 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.