This thread currently has 5,128 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Theimperialcoroner
March 29, 2024, 6:54pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,245
Gold Stars: 102
Just back to Manchester for a night out.

That was rinse and repeat of a number of games this season. Soft early goals and the game had gone. Did I hear Artell saying Obikwu had a great game? He and Wood are just not what we need in these sort of games, no guile or battle from either. Add that to daft mistakes and you are going to struggle.
Barrow had a good 3 or 4 players miles better suited than ours, Gotts and Stockdale ripped us as did Telford. Their CB also dominated us until Wilson came on and latterly Rose.
Add to that one of the worst stands I’ve ever sat in and it was pretty miserable. Two big home games then.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
mariner91
March 29, 2024, 6:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,695
Gold Stars: 262
Sorry your birthday was ruined Trev. Enjoy Manchester.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 43
Theimperialcoroner
March 29, 2024, 7:00pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,245
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from mariner91
Sorry your birthday was ruined Trev. Enjoy Manchester.

Cheers Matt. Always knew it was a risk…

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 43
lew chaterleys lover
March 29, 2024, 7:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,745
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner

That was rinse and repeat of a number of games this season. Soft early goals and the game had gone. Did I hear Artell saying Obikwu had a great game? He and Wood are just not what we need in these sort of games, no guile or battle from either. Add that to daft mistakes and you are going to struggle.
Barrow had a good 3 or 4 players miles better suited than ours, Gotts and Stockdale ripped us as did Telford. Their CB also dominated us until Wilson came on and latterly Rose.
Add to that one of the worst stands I’ve ever sat in and it was pretty miserable. Two big home games then.

Yes Artell did say Obikwu was outstanding. His bigging up of Obikwu in recent weeks has had me thinking he might not be the right man after all. What is he seeing that not many others can?
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 43
arryarryarry
March 29, 2024, 7:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,035
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner

I have to say I didn't think Obikwu was that fantastic, he did take his goal well but until Vernam and Rose came on we were just useless upfront, as we were in midfield and defence.

But all is OK apparently it was all the ref's fault.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 43
TownSNAFU5
March 29, 2024, 7:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,894
Gold Stars: 42
Nothing really expected today.  Mainly about Mon.  But the usual early errors and capitulation donates the points with the fans let down again and peed off.

There are only so many lows that we can go through in one season!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 43
chaos33
March 29, 2024, 7:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,972
Gold Stars: 360
I haven’t listened to his post match interview. I can’t stomach his gaslighting and waffling nonsense any more than I can stand listening to him yelling endlessly on the touchline.
He’s just not for me.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 43
headingly_mariner
March 29, 2024, 7:27pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,392
Gold Stars: 120
Did a lot of running obikwu but was hugely inneffective until his goal, he was one of the reasons we really struggled due to him not being able to hold the ball or pass it to a team mate. Took his goal well when the game was done though.

We were excrement and looked unfit. Blew any hope of a result with some horror show mistakes.
The fitness thing is a major worry. Our players look knackered after 35 minutes of a half.

Two tough games gone, expect better on Monday.

Can't warm to Artell though, his nonsense about the Ref was embarrassing and I always think he comes across as a bit of a mammary.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 43
Lincoln Mariner 56
March 29, 2024, 7:34pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,757
Gold Stars: 80
Well I watched all the game on tv and thought the ref was consistent which is all you can ask for. Yeah he could have made a couple of bookings and given some fouls but I prefer refs who aren’t over fussy and just let players get on with it.

Ref certainly wasn’t at fault for any of the three goals we conceded.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 43
StacyColdicotts_hairline
March 29, 2024, 7:38pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Approval: +211
Gold Stars: 1
i thought the same, couldn't really remember any real serious issues with the ref. I was a little bit suprised when Artell went off on a tangent
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 43
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.