Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › JS where are you.!!!!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
ginnywings, Mariner93er and 56 Guests

JS where are you.!!!!

This thread currently has 13,652 views. Print
19 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
denni266
April 2, 2024, 8:06pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +700
Gold Stars: 132
Got fed up of hearing   in Hurst we trust , Like i said more than one   Trust no one
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 170 - 182
RonMariner
April 2, 2024, 8:14pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,786
Gold Stars: 226
If we are looking for someone to blame for our current situation I think Hurst has to take the lions share.

Hurst's clearly failed, excepting Rose, to bring in players that made us competitive in this division. His management of the goalkeeping situation was criminal. Leaving us with one decent striker, especially after allowing Orsi to leave was crazy. He failed to provide anything resembling an effective midfield or defence..
So it's is no wonder that we have  been so poor this season.

Artell inherited a poor squad, and it is notoriously difficult to make vast improvements in the January window. He has made a couple of decent signings, but his tactics and game management have been poor and so there has been little or no improvement in results. So he has to take some of the blame, but not as much as Hurst.            
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 171 - 182
CSLM
April 2, 2024, 8:34pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +645
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from RonMariner
If we are looking for someone to blame for our current situation I think Hurst has to take the lions share.

Hurst's clearly failed, excepting Rose, to bring in players that made us competitive in this division. His management of the goalkeeping situation was criminal. Leaving us with one decent striker, especially after allowing Orsi to leave was crazy. He failed to provide anything resembling an effective midfield or defence..
So it's is no wonder that we have  been so poor this season.

Artell inherited a poor squad, and it is notoriously difficult to make vast improvements in the January window. He has made a couple of decent signings, but his tactics and game management have been poor and so there has been little or no improvement in results. So he has to take some of the blame, but not as much as Hurst.            

Seems a bit hit and miss with the in game management and substitutions. A couple of weeks ago there were comments on here saying how refreshing it was that he was so proactive. I don't think it was that straightforward on Saturday and nobody would've moaned if we had won. I did think we needed a pacey winger on with 20 minutes to go which didn't happen.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 172 - 182
LocalLadGTFC
April 2, 2024, 9:16pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,311
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from CSLM

Seems a bit hit and miss with the in game management and substitutions. A couple of weeks ago there were comments on here saying how refreshing it was that he was so proactive. I don't think it was that straightforward on Saturday and nobody would've moaned if we had won. I did think we needed a pacey winger on with 20 minutes to go which didn't happen.

Yeah it was quite bemusing that he didn't make any, given the introduction of Andrews and Wood against MK Dons in the exact same scenario I would argue won us the game as it freshened us up and made us a lot harder to play through.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 173 - 182
StacyColdicotts_hairline
April 2, 2024, 9:20pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Approval: +211
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

Yeah it was quite bemusing that he didn't make any, given the introduction of Andrews and Wood against MK Dons in the exact same scenario I would argue won us the game as it freshened us up and made us a lot harder to play through.

Not that i need or should make excuses for Artell but perhaps he had already learnt about his father and his head wasn't in the right place ?

Whilst his game management hasn't been inspiring He hasvery rarely been inactive like Hurst
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 174 - 182
cannylad65
April 3, 2024, 7:53am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Approval: +77
Gold Stars: 7
JS where are you?

I believe he is on holiday in the Maldives for a further week.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 175 - 182
aussiej
April 3, 2024, 8:13am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +120
Gold Stars: 17
If we go down: we need huge changes at the club. We can not carry on being a up and down league 2/conference team. This will eventually lead to our demise. We need to be much better than that and put some distance between us and the bottom of league 2 if we are to survive long term. With that in mind i would look to a fresh start and sack all the coaching staff and manager at BP. I would also trim down the office staff back to the levels we had before the take over. The owners then need to take a good look at themselves and decide if they want a club with ambitions or are happy to flounder where we are now. If they want to progress then they need investment in the club and that should be their number one priority.
Secure investment, appoint the right manager with a good track record and put all our resources into the playing side of the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 176 - 182
Maringer
April 3, 2024, 8:15am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,629
Gold Stars: 185
Ah, yes. Sacking office staff (who, I would imagine, have been employed for a reason) always improves the results on the field.

It's why Man City's club shop is run by one man and his dog and they don't bother to do any marketing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 177 - 182
GibMariner
April 3, 2024, 8:26am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -963
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from aussiej
If we go down: we need huge changes at the club. We can not carry on being a up and down league 2/conference team. This will eventually lead to our demise. We need to be much better than that and put some distance between us and the bottom of league 2 if we are to survive long term. With that in mind i would look to a fresh start and sack all the coaching staff and manager at BP. I would also trim down the office staff back to the levels we had before the take over. The owners then need to take a good look at themselves and decide if they want a club with ambitions or are happy to flounder where we are now. If they want to progress then they need investment in the club and that should be their number one priority.
Secure investment, appoint the right manager with a good track record and put all our resources into the playing side of the club.

Just need a magic wand then 😉😉😉 Easy Peezy lemon squeezy, my gosh that was easy.
Private Message
Reply: 178 - 182
Mappers
April 3, 2024, 8:37am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,400
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from aussiej

If the worst did happen I would rather we made the least people redundant as possible off the pitch and keep the good infrastructure imorovements going , while trying to implement the model of bringing young players through - build the squad around Gardner,Khouri , Tharme , Thompson , Rose ,maybe Hunt as he actually seems to be flying at York now ; they want to sign him if their fans are anything to go by.

I would rather we just stay up though

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 179 - 182
19 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › JS where are you.!!!!

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.