Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › JS where are you.!!!!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

JS where are you.!!!!

This thread currently has 13,868 views. Print
19 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
Yoda
April 1, 2024, 6:47pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,189
Gold Stars: 72
The silence is deafening.!!!!

JS what happened with the fa cup money
JS why did you pay fees for players who got relegated last season.
JS why pay 100k for Hint then not play him and send him on loan.
JS why is there no news on the training ground.
JS why are we getting relegated again after record revenues.

The lowest wins this season in league 2, I never thought i would say this but even Fenty managed to put out better teams than this.
The Mike Newel alcoholic eleven would hammer this team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 182
barralad
April 1, 2024, 7:26pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,300
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from Mappers

I agree , the failure to deliver though when something viable would have been a quarter of the cost is the major  mistake imo that's left us where we are today - I mean even if he had borrowed against the club in 2005 to build we would have now been in a much better position and likely debt free .

Unless/until  we somehow build a modern facility fit for purpose I will hold him accountable for the past , now and forever + he will be my t*at of both decades 2000-2020 .

You need to review the situation around the time of the plan to move to Great Coates. That stadium was virtually "nailed on" until local politicians got involved in their usual vote seeking exercises (incidentally some politicians were barred from certain votes because it was deemed that they had a personal interest by being regular Town fans). Network Rail also demanded that any updates required to the station at Great Coates be paid for by the club.
In the meantime the retail world had begun to change and a retail enabling development was no longer considered to be the right way to go by the companies that were lined up to be the anchor tenants-especially with the uncertainty.
I remain utterly convinced that had the stadium plan been given the green light earlier GTFC would have been installed in a new stadium for years by now. John Fenty made some pretty disastrous decisions but I firmly believe he did as much as possible to bring that dream to fruition.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 182
MuddyWaters
April 1, 2024, 7:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,291
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from barralad

You need to review the situation around the time of the plan to move to Great Coates. That stadium was virtually "nailed on" until local politicians got involved in their usual vote seeking exercises (incidentally some politicians were barred from certain votes because it was deemed that they had a personal interest by being regular Town fans). Network Rail also demanded that any updates required to the station at Great Coates be paid for by the club.
In the meantime the retail world had begun to change and a retail enabling development was no longer considered to be the right way to go by the companies that were lined up to be the anchor tenants-especially with the uncertainty.
I remain utterly convinced that had the stadium plan been given the green light earlier GTFC would have been installed in a new stadium for years by now. John Fenty made some pretty disastrous decisions but I firmly believe he did as much as possible to bring that dream to fruition.

Absolutely 💯. For all his failings, Fenty very nearly delivered on a stadium. In turn, that could have made a massive difference to what’s happened since.
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 182
HertsGTFC
April 1, 2024, 8:04pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.24
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,030
Gold Stars: 232
Quoted from Yoda
The silence is deafening.!!!!

JS what happened with the fa cup money
JS why did you pay fees for players who got relegated last season.
JS why pay 100k for Hint then not play him and send him on loan.
JS why is there no news on the training ground.
JS why are we getting relegated again after record revenues.

The lowest wins this season in league 2, I never thought i would say this but even Fenty managed to put out better teams than this.
The Mike Newel alcoholic eleven would hammer this team.

I’m 100% confident that,

- The profit from the cup run was reinvested in the club.

- Hurst & Artell got a budget & paid the fees

- I doubt we paid £100k for Hunt, see above point.

- Training ground, cheap shot, if you went to the PO final, Southampton or Brighton was that a topic of conversation?

- Revenue point? JS & AP don’t manage or play in the team.

- And that you’re a complete 🔔🔚

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 182
Rodley Mariner
April 1, 2024, 8:28pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,279
Gold Stars: 184
Quoted from 1mickylyons
Fenty was a tight fisted houndprig at best but the fact remains we're 4th from bottom with 1878 and no amount of spin can alter that. The 1878 guys have had 3 years of goodwill and luckily till 3 months ago we've largely steered clear of aggro
Nobody wants to slate 1878 or the Manager least of all me but I'm fed up of being fed BS by them when my eyes and ears tell me I'm being short changed. I honestly expected Town to mount a serious play off challenge and I  get another relegation battle.Regards investment we need some and fast

We got promoted in unbelievable style in their first season and in their second we finished higher than we had in 17 years and got further in the FA Cup than we had since the 1930's but great work on providing them with your goodwill regardless.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 182
Mappers
April 1, 2024, 8:44pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.41
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,549
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from barralad

I take your point on board . But after that it got daft - pointing at the ground and telling people where he wanted the ground (peaks parkway ) . Then the whole Extreme Leisure thing when after them never actually delivering any stadium development him when asked how they will go about funding the stadium saying 'because we can ' hardly gave me the confidence he was the right person to deliver a pizza let alone a new stadium . He might have 'got close' with Great Coates but there on in he just took us further and further away from any reasonable chance of a new stadium imo .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 182
The Dogs Testicles
April 1, 2024, 8:51pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Approval: -83
Gold Stars: 17
Seriously not the time to start lambasting JS & AP. They’ve got this appointment wrong and we all thought it was the right one too. So we were all wrong!

Let’s not bite our noses off to spite our faces - we have far better owners than anything over the last two decades. They’re spending their families future security/pension at Town so it might just be worth respecting that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 182
male private Nale
April 1, 2024, 8:54pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -924
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from HertsGTFC

- And that you’re a complete 🔔🔚

Disgusting you lower yourself to name calling. Cheap as they come
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 182
April 1, 2024, 8:58pm
Guest User
As gutted and beyond frustrated as I am we’re in this position, I have no question or doubt regarding the integrity and good intentions of everyone currently at the club. In the boardroom, in the dug out and on the pitch.

However. I am beginning to think that BP was built on a Native American burial ground.
Reply: 128 - 182
MuddyWaters
April 1, 2024, 9:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,291
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from The Dogs Testicles
Seriously not the time to start lambasting JS & AP. They’ve got this appointment wrong and we all thought it was the right one too. So we were all wrong!

Let’s not bite our noses off to spite our faces - we have far better owners than anything over the last two decades. They’re spending their families future security/pension at Town so it might just be worth respecting that.

They took a long time to get it right and, apparently, consulted many experts along the way. However you dress it up, it doesn’t look great, does it?
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 182
19 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › JS where are you.!!!!

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.