Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Tuesday Night Games at the Bottom (MERGED)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Tuesday Night Games at the Bottom (MERGED)

This thread currently has 22,574 views. Print
30 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Limerick Mariner
February 27, 2024, 8:54pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,743
Gold Stars: 138
Quoted from Chrisblor

If you lose 7 out of 9 in a row and spend most of your interviews in the back half of that winless run sounding like you haven't got a flipping clue how to turn it round beyond baselessly speculating that results will turn around at some point you simply cannot complain about being sacked.

Now, none of that absolves Artell for presiding over what looks to be an underwhelming January transfer window and transforming our defence into one of historically inept proportions, or the board for appointing him in the first place, but Hurst can have zero complaints about getting his P45.

And I said I didn’t disagree with it, but that was because I thought PH wouldn’t take any further and we would be perennial bottom half. But I also don’t think he would have taken us down.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 294
Poojah
February 27, 2024, 8:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,756
Gold Stars: 1,509
Wrexham really don’t look like a team with presumably the fattest wage bill in the division. Pound-for-pound their away form is as bad as our home form.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 294
Lincoln Mariner 56
February 27, 2024, 8:55pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,764
Gold Stars: 81
I’m not optimistic about our future but many tonight are treating tonight’s results like there is only 3 games to go this season. I recall the period under Jolley when we hadn’t won for ages and Burnsy giving up a rough time on how would we stay up but Jolley was adamant we would, that things would change and they did.

I am sure there will be twists and turns every time fixtures involving the bottom four are involved so no point get in a frenzy just yet. Hopefully Wrexham will do their late goals trick and take something from the game. Both them and County are clearly domitheir respective matches so hopefully they will pull through and win.

Here’s hoping
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 294
bawarmy
February 27, 2024, 8:56pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +2,021
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from MuddyWaters
It’s hard to ignore the fact that Hurst fked up the summer window. Also that Shrewsbury had tried to get him back. I’m no fan of Artell but this squad is not an improvement on last season or the season before.

If Hurst hadn’t been so stubborn Ryan Bennett would have signed. He wanted to but Hurst fell out with him so I’m told. He would have been so much better than what we have.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 294
pontoonlew
February 27, 2024, 8:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from chaos33

I’m not screaming. I’m calmly saying that you make me laugh with your ‘logic’.

What would you say isn’t logical about saying that if we beat all 3 of the teams around us in the next few weeks we’ll likely stay up?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 294
Hagrid
February 27, 2024, 8:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,484
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from pontoonlew

What would you say isn’t logical about saying that if we beat all 3 of the teams around us in the next few weeks we’ll likely stay up?

The fact we havent won all year..

And yep Dopey Dave. What a flipping stupid thing to come out and say “ We wont get relegated”.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 294
Craigy01
February 27, 2024, 8:58pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +32
Gold Stars: 2
I can't see Wrexham scoring
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 294
Poojah
February 27, 2024, 9:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
I’m not optimistic about our future but many tonight are treating tonight’s results like there is only 3 games to go this season. I recall the period under Jolley when we hadn’t won for ages and Burnsy giving up a rough time on how would we stay up but Jolley was adamant we would, that things would change and they did.

I am sure there will be twists and turns every time fixtures involving the bottom four are involved so no point get in a frenzy just yet. Hopefully Wrexham will do their late goals trick and take something from the game. Both them and County are clearly domitheir respective matches so hopefully they will pull through and win.

Here’s hoping

I think the understandable worry is that if results stay the same tonight, Forest Green have the ability to send us 2 points adrift of safety on Saturday, and given our home form, there’s some justifiable anxiety. Given what we’ve seen of our squad this season, I don’t think we’d have the resilience to cope with and recover from the psychological shock of that.

We are just under three halves away from a potentially very bleak situation.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 294
Poojah
February 27, 2024, 9:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Craigy01
I can't see Wrexham scoring

Wrexham notching a few corners but failing to do anything of note with them.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 294
chaos33
February 27, 2024, 9:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,999
Gold Stars: 362
Quoted from pontoonlew

Well, because we have 10 more games after that.
The bigger point is - you were of the vehement opinion that Hurst should go - not necessarily in disagreement with you there, but we bring in a manager who’s record since being appointed is worse and who talks far less sense, and you’re pro him.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 294
30 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Tuesday Night Games at the Bottom (MERGED)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.