3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
May 8, 2023, 3:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Meaningless game pretty much summed up by the own goal. Some of our passing was exquisite, although the highlight was clearly Shaun’s farewell, and you could clearly see why the Wombles had tumbled down the table.

Sorry to see Harry go off injured, my MoM was Alex Hunt who oozed class on the ball. Would love to see us to sign some forwards who will get the best out of him.

Private Message
BeijingMariner
May 8, 2023, 3:33pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,677
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Meaningless game pretty much summed up by the own goal. Some of our passing was exquisite, although the highlight was clearly Shaun’s farewell, and you could clearly see why the Wombles had tumbled down the table.

Sorry to see Harry go off injured, my MoM was Alex Hunt who oozed class on the ball. Would love to see us to sign some forwards who will get the best out of him.

I think that was probably Hunt's best game of the season and showed at times why Hurst has given him a 3 year deal. I liked Orsi a lot in that game too and, apart from a couple of wayward balls (ooer) I thought Glennon had a very good game. Max's distribution was pretty rubbish but he was in good command of the box so, fair play. Some of the best passing I have seen all season, especially in the first half. Wimbledon were poor, but the officials were poorer. Well done Shaun and the squad, owners and staff. 11th is pretty good all things considered.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 1 - 20
WOZOFGRIMSBY
May 8, 2023, 3:37pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,886
Gold Stars: 178
Khan gave us a great threat down the left when he came on. Thought his play and link up with glennon was positive and would love to see that more next season.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 20
thefish
May 8, 2023, 3:39pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,267
Gold Stars: 67
Hunt was impressive today although I do feel it was his sort of game. No ‘big’ lads in the middle for them and he was awarded a bit of time on the ball.

Great to see Shaun get a send off.

Crap weather for the final game of the season!

See you next year!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 20
chipsandgravy
May 8, 2023, 3:47pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,624
Gold Stars: 37
Doubt we will see him back next season but Smith just edged it for me as MOM. Has been brilliant for us over the two seasons and deserves our thanks for his contribution.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 20
Mayaman
May 8, 2023, 3:47pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,419
Gold Stars: 74
It was great to see Shaun in the starting line up.  Nice send off and even the ref was clapping.

Started off well then scored the weirdest goal.  After that a bit stop start although I don't think anybody played terribly. I like Khan's approach to the game.  I think we have yet to see the best of him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 20
lukeo
May 8, 2023, 4:30pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,386
Gold Stars: 149
Really nice send off for Shaun. I agree Hunt played very well, also I feel Khouri will continue to grow and become a really good asset and first teamer soon.
I honestly think if PH looks to play 433 as his more regular formation and we add in 3-4 quality players in key areas, there's no reason why we won't be in and around the play offs next season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 20
HerveJosse
May 8, 2023, 4:48pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.88
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,207
Gold Stars: 144
Things seem to happen when Orsi is around without him looking particularly good. Smith MOM for me
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 20
Limerick Mariner
May 8, 2023, 5:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,710
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Yep on that evidence - build a midfield around Hunt. If we can retain Harry, with Evan kicking on we’ve a great core to the midlfield options.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 20
moosey_club
May 8, 2023, 5:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,268
Gold Stars: 226
Typical home fayre really... played OK first half...got the goal and then didn't really kick on...they grew into the game but not really threatening....we weathered the storm. Should have scored a 2nd...game petered out.

Looked to me like Crocombe has left, he hung back on the lap of honour and body language didn't look positive.

Good to see Shaun get a run out and must admit the pollen levels got to me as I started welling up...despite never suffering hay fever before.

Utm

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 20
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.