Limerick Mariner
May 8, 2023, 5:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,710
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from moosey_club
Typical home fayre really... played OK first half...got the goal and then didn't really kick on...they grew into the game but not really threatening....we weathered the storm. Should have scored a 2nd...game petered out.

Looked to me like Crocombe has left, he hung back on the lap of honour and body language didn't look positive.

Good to see Shaun get a run out and must admit the pollen levels got to me as I started welling up...despite never suffering hay fever before.

Utm

Harry going off disrupted us. He adds an energy to us, we regained it once Khan came on.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 20
fishcake63
May 8, 2023, 8:08pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
Next season want to see us build a midfield around alex hunt he's been used very sparingly for some reason also buy smith & lloyd
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 20
Azimuth
May 8, 2023, 8:38pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -4
Approval: +701
Gold Stars: 60
One of todays highlights was seeing Reggie Aslin, what a truely inspirational young man, already faced more in his young life than many of us older supporters.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 20
CSLM
May 8, 2023, 9:13pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +645
Gold Stars: 12
Another one of those games that wasn't the most entertaining but had its moments. I think the fact that their players were kicking the ball away and walking away from it when 1-0 down kinda summed it up.

I'm a big fan of Smith and think that we will struggle to get someone anywhere near as good as him if we cannot sign him.

Maher seems to be getting better and better, was a bit worried in his first few games but he is definitely top end league 2 quality.

Really pleased to see Hunt put in a couple of decent performances in at home recently, the potential is there for sure. Same with Khouri to be fair. Add harry to that and it looks quite promising.

Glennon is a strange one. He has real quality on that left foot. I noticed that so many passes he received he had to work really hard just to keep them in on his wrong side as they were so poor.
I like Khan and to me Glennon and Khan can be a massive threat on the left.
Just need a bit more upfront.
I hope that wasn't Max's last game but if it was good luck to the bloke.
Lastly Shaun. It was brilliant to have him as captain and I think the timing of the substitution was spot on. Great guy to have around.

I feel like we'll be looking up rather than down next year, hopefully get some early business done and give it a good go.
See you next season.....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 20
forza ivano
May 8, 2023, 9:24pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,244
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from CSLM
A

I'm a big fan of Smith and think that we will struggle to get someone anywhere near as good as him if we cannot sign him.

Would Ben Grist have developed enough at leicester to warrant a loan move?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 20
MuddyWaters
May 8, 2023, 9:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from forza ivano

Would Ben Grist have developed enough at leicester to warrant a loan move?

Would be surplus to requirements when Andy Smith has signed a permanent. 😉
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 20
moosey_club
May 8, 2023, 9:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,268
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from CSLM

Glennon is a strange one. He has real quality on that left foot. I noticed that so many passes he received he had to work really hard just to keep them in on his wrong side as they were so poor.
I like Khan and to me Glennon and Khan can be a massive threat on the left.

Mentioned at the game today a similar thing...but for me Glennon doesn't open his body enough for that first touch/ receiving of the pass, as a result ends up turning back on himself to shift the ball onto his left.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 20
CSLM
May 8, 2023, 9:50pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +645
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Would be surplus to requirements when Andy Smith has signed a permanent. 😉

Hope so mate.
That interview a few weeks ago didn't sound very positive though. When he steps out he is better than most at this level. In fact it was his switch that started the move for the goal today and those shimmies to create that chance for Khouri were quality.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 20
headingly_mariner
May 8, 2023, 10:00pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,382
Gold Stars: 120
Great start to the game seeing that little Reggie knock one in, brought a tear to my eye.

A pleasure to watch Hunt today, I'd love to see him play in a 3 next season where his only job is to get on the ball and play. Saying that I thought Khouri, Clifton and Holohan's energy allowed him the time to play.

Big shout out to Khouri who is looking like a football league player, he's really coming on and can see him pushing for a place next season. It's not often Hurst has a youngster break through and I think we are seeing his quality.

I really hope we sign Smith, he's going to be such a good player in his mid to late 20's. Classy at this level now, but the sort of player that will move through the leagues with experience.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 20
fishcake63
May 9, 2023, 10:19am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
Love smith but we have zero chance of signing him will be in lge 1 nxt season to further his development
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 20
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.