8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
toontown
May 5, 2023, 9:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,281
Gold Stars: 70
Doesn't it mean you just have to use the international streaming and a VPN in order to stream?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 74
BenBB
May 5, 2023, 10:40pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +843
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted Text
Domestic streaming audio services will remain alongside existing audio-visual arrangements for international audiences via iFollow and club streaming services.  

Quoted Text

The EFL and Sky Sports will continue to work together to innovate, seeking opportunities to improve coverage and take viewers closer to the action, while the EFL will be investing significantly in production infrastructure to enhance the viewing experience. Sky Sports will have a minimum of eight cameras for each game broadcast on existing channels. For matches available to stream, Sky commentary will be provided and a minimum of four cameras will be used at Championship and League One matches, and a minimum of two cameras in League Two.

Bit confusing. Wonder how this affects MarinersTV.

I think this means that selected games by Sky Sports will be produced by Sky with more than 2 or more cameras and Sky commentary (e.g. weekday games). Likely exclusive to Sky's own service.

I'm guessing 'VPN' (international) MarinersTV (iFollow) games on a 3pm Saturday kick-off will be the same situation of Humberside Commentary overlaid over the single camera footage we've had this season. Or will they re-use the camera set-up/feed for the Saturday games too? And what happens for games where Sky select it and it's also on MarinersTV on a weekday (or will that not happen?)

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 11 - 74
jamesgtfc
May 5, 2023, 10:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,015
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from BenBB

Bit confusing. Wonder how this affects MarinersTV.

I think this means that selected games by Sky Sports will be produced by Sky with more than 2 or more cameras and Sky commentary (e.g. weekday games).

I'm guessing 'VPN' MarinersTV (iFollow) games on a 3pm Saturday kick-off will be the same situation of Humberside Commentary overlaid over the single camera footage we've had this season.

My thoughts are that it devalues MarinersTV somewhat as any game shown live by Sky probably can't be streamed on MarinersTV. I imagine MarinersTV will be a one camera output still because the resource required to optimally broadcast from two cameras will be unviable.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 74
BenBB
May 5, 2023, 10:53pm

Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from jamesgtfc

My thoughts are that it devalues MarinersTV somewhat as any game shown live by Sky probably can't be streamed on MarinersTV. I imagine MarinersTV will be a one camera output still because the resource required to optimally broadcast from two cameras will be unviable.

The sentence "Domestic streaming audio services will remain alongside existing audio-visual arrangements for international audiences via iFollow and club streaming services." is rather ambiguous.

Will wait to see what the club say.

Was happy with my online season pass this season which gave you all the league games & the pizza trophy for a very reasonable fee.

Logged Offline
Reply: 13 - 74
BenBB
May 5, 2023, 11:00pm

Table Wine Drinker
[tweet]1652628865930629120[/tweet]

Think this Luton tweet seems to clarify it somewhat.

If you live in the UK then you can only watch on Sky Sports if it's chosen, or if a local broadcaster is broadcasting it to your country then you can only watch it there.

Otherwise it's available on iFollow internationally/VPN.

Question is what the iFollow coverage will be. Is it iFollow as-is right now (1 camera with Humberside) or the Sky coverage rebroadcast?

Logged Offline
Reply: 14 - 74
Norseman
May 6, 2023, 12:23am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +287
Gold Stars: 48
Quoted from prestonmariner
248 League Two games is quite remarkable, especially considering the Saturday 3pm 'blackout' will be continuing.
Can only imagine this will cause a fair amount of fixtures to be move to Friday's, early and late Saturdays?

Also, i hate to be a sceptic, but are we assuming that this will mean a minimum of 46 Wrexham and the rest for the other 23?

Salford will get the rest
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 74
The_Laughing_Mariner
May 6, 2023, 1:24am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,041
Gold Stars: 10
So each club should be on 20ish times a season.
248 games, 24 clubs, 10 games each, but each game has two teams, so that is doubled to 20  nearly half a season

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 74
Mappers
May 6, 2023, 6:49am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,375
Gold Stars: 119
Hopefully the knock on effect is not diluted attendances ,especially for midweek games , because lets face it this will effectively make every game free if one chooses with streaming . You can argue it is now with Ifollow but that's a less mainstream option so not always easy to locate .

With mainstream TV the free streams per game option will be limitless , so if it is 20 games per team that's 20 free games which is great for armchair fans , but the key will be how many 'in the ground fans ' this takes away , whether the financial reward compensates for this and if it effects matchday atmosphere.

You would hope people on the whole still want to attend for the 'at game' experience ,but if as it looks kick off times are faffed around with it might mean more are unable to attend because of other commitments .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 74
Mappers
May 6, 2023, 7:06am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,375
Gold Stars: 119
Does anyone know how much we get from sky currently ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 74
coddy60
May 6, 2023, 7:08am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / -16
Approval: +652
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
If the money is starting to trickle down from the billionaires then that’s good, but, is it enough? I hope the pot is evenly spread and just doesn’t focus on the likes of Wrexham, Salford and whichever club becomes the ‘de rigueur’ team of the moment. *

* am I going mad or was there a clothes shop called de rigueur in Grimsby years ago 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yeah, de rigueur was Miffys shop, near town Hall.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 74
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New EFL/Sky deal

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.