3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Belfast Town
May 4, 2023, 11:47pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +1,693
Gold Stars: 19
Amazing achievement. Joined bottom of the Championship Huddersfield in February and tonight beat newly promoted Sheffield United to avoid relegation with a game to spare. Not only that, most of the wins came against teams in the top half of the table.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65407896
Logged Offline
Private Message
Ashby mariner
May 5, 2023, 5:44am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 8
Amazing achievement. Going in back a few years Warnock and Holloway where my favourite 2 managers out there. I use to think it would be good if one of them ever managed gtfc. I certainly prefer Warnock over that baffon nowadays. I hope he carries on at Huddersfield for another season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 24
HatTrickHero
May 5, 2023, 7:59am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +781
Gold Stars: 25
Hudds also seem to have achieved safety without mad spending, both Reading and Wigan have huge debts and have incurred point deductions and realistically face a bleak future.

With Blackpool the other club to go down we're looking at 3 clubs who have meandered around for years but then had a brief sip of champagne in the Premier and have crashed out and and kept on going downwards.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 24
GtfcGarner
May 5, 2023, 8:59am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,786
Gold Stars: 26
Absolutely love the guy and don't think we will see another character like him in the league. Heart on his sleeve kind of manager a proud little Yorkshireman - sound familiar?

All jokes apart, what a career he's had and I bet you wouldn't like to be in his dressing room had you been poor for the first 45 minutes. Seems to get the best out of players, and although his football isn't champagne Barcelona stuff, he generally goes into jobs and improves most teams he's been at. Seems to have got a little bit of banter in his latter years also.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 24
Maringer
May 5, 2023, 9:15am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,595
Gold Stars: 185
Whatever you say about Colin and his style, you can't help but admit that he's always been a very capable manager. Eight promotions during his career (so far!) including 3 up into the Premiershite is pretty remarkable.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 24
Madeleymariner
May 5, 2023, 9:21am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 50
Always remember soon after rules came in saying you cant moan about refs in post match interrviews, when asked about a bad ref performance, he said something like: I cant comment on his performance but Alex Ferguson passed me this note after the game (he pulled out a piece of paper from his pocket) and it says the ref is an absolute idiot, or possibly stronger language than that, my memory is fading
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 24
Mappers
May 5, 2023, 10:21am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.46
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,373
Gold Stars: 119
I am going to 'A night with Neil ' in a few weeks , quite interested to hear his various stories from up and down the leagues .
He is second on my list of favourite managers after Big Ron Atkinson .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 24
Poojah
May 5, 2023, 10:27am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,636
Gold Stars: 1,504
Quoted from Mappers
I am going to 'A night with Neil ' in a few weeks , quite interested to hear his various stories from up and down the leagues .
He is second on my list of favourite managers after Big Ron Atkinson .

Ooh…big Ron. Sort of ruined his legacy a bit though, didn’t he?

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 24
Mappers
May 5, 2023, 10:57am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.46
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,373
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from Poojah

Ooh…big Ron. Sort of ruined his legacy a bit though, didn’t he?

Yes a slip of the tongue and he was condemned as an old ignorant racist and never given a chance again .

Although all black players who he had worked with described him as one of the most non- racist people they had met and he had been one of the few who had actually given black players a chance .

He actually made an appearance in a documentary style programme with Barry Fry at Peterborough a few years 'big Ron Manager ' he was an advisor it was comedy gold as you can imagine with him and Fry at the wheel .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 24
BobbyCummingsTackle
May 5, 2023, 12:53pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,306
Gold Stars: 307
Quoted from Mappers

Yes a slip of the tongue and he was condemned as an old ignorant racist and never given a chance again .

Although all black players who he had worked with described him as one of the most non- racist people they had met and he had been one of the few who had actually given black players a chance .

He actually made an appearance in a documentary style programme with Barry Fry at Peterborough a few years 'big Ron Manager ' he was an advisor it was comedy gold as you can imagine with him and Fry at the wheel .

I started to write this post quoting what Atkinson said but was so uncomfortable that I have decided not to. It was not a slip of the tongue at all. It was a flagrant and disgusting racist comment.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 24
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Neil Warnock

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.