12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
RichMariner
May 2, 2023, 12:43pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,191
Gold Stars: 215
Glennon is a good player but if you forget what you saw when he was here on loan, what would your assessment of him this season be?

I thought he looked a higher league player when on loan with us.

Since joining us, it looks like he's settled into a L2 groove and no longer looks like a higher league player on loan. He hasn't had a poor season, far from it, but I think we all know he's got more in the tank because we've seen it.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 50 - 112
Roast Em Bobby
May 2, 2023, 12:51pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,729
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from RichMariner
Glennon is a good player but if you forget what you saw when he was here on loan, what would your assessment of him this season be?

I thought he looked a higher league player when on loan with us.

Since joining us, it looks like he's settled into a L2 groove and no longer looks like a higher league player on loan. He hasn't had a poor season, far from it, but I think we all know he's got more in the tank because we've seen it.

If my memory serves me correctly, Glennon started very well in his loan spell but his form did tail off a bit towards the end and it was Benson, who started off slow, but then started to look like the stand out player of the two of them that came on loan at the same time (obviously different positions).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 112
forza ivano
May 2, 2023, 1:29pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,305
Gold Stars: 266
1878 got off to a flying start with the sales of Grist & Pollock n the sell on for Dembele. That set the tone and i think that the longer term contracts, the head of recruitment and even the signing of the young Scunny scoring sensation has continued that.
Possible sale of Harry in the summer, with Khouri looking lijke a real prospect and you've got the beginnings of a structure and a production line.

1 thing I like (and is a really positive thing imho) is that we are talking about, and being linked with  players from the region - Smith, Emmanuel & Chadwick from Ull, Shrimpton from the Scunts, Vernam from Lincoln. Add that to the recruitment last year of Maher & Green from Halifax and the established/settled Waterfall, Clifton, Khouri & Efete and you've got a squad with a local or regional identity
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 112
Maringer
May 2, 2023, 1:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,727
Gold Stars: 189
What has surprised me about Glennon is that he has looked decidedly sluggish since his return. I don't recall him struggling for pace during his loan spell but he's had a tough time of things against pacy players this season. I think he's probably quick enough for League Two, but he doesn't have much in the tank in this regard and there are a lot of tackles at full-stretch because of it. I'd assume that Khan is likely to be playing on the left for us next season so you wouldn't expect much to change in regards to our attacking/defensive options if both are first choice. That's unless changes to central midfield and up front make a difference. If we were to sign a left-sided forward as quick as Reddy, it could have an effect!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 112
DB
May 2, 2023, 1:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.34
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,069
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from Mappers

I think we are taking a hybrid approach in that we are going to /are take snippets from what other clubs are doing well and trying to  add it as we go along .
I am intrigued what difference (if any ) the new recruitment guy will have on summer signings , as he was well thought of at Lincoln signing relatively cheap players who have gone on to be decent ; will be interesting to see if that different set of eyes does mean recruitment differs from previous windows under Hurst .

It will be interesting to see the input the recruitment guy has on new signings. He has had more or less a full season in the job so I presume we have a list of targets once the last game has been played. I hope we make signings early, for a change instead of looking at the bottom of the barrel, preferably by the 2nd week in June. This should help ST sales and give a the summer to look forward to with the onset of the new season.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 112
Mappers
May 2, 2023, 1:41pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.40
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,607
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby

If my memory serves me correctly, Glennon started very well in his loan spell but his form did tail off a bit towards the end and it was Benson, who started off slow, but then started to look like the stand out player of the two of them that came on loan at the same time (obviously different positions).

Benson has had a superb season at Barnsley by all accounts .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 112
Poojah
May 2, 2023, 1:54pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +30,060
Gold Stars: 1,536
Quoted from DB

It will be interesting to see the input the recruitment guy has on new signings. He has had more or less a full season in the job so I presume we have a list of targets once the last game has been played. I hope we make signings early, for a change instead of looking at the bottom of the barrel, preferably by the 2nd week in June. This should help ST sales and give a the summer to look forward to with the onset of the new season.

I really do feel that, this season more so than ever, for a strong and exciting start to the transfer window, beyond just our own collective sense of impatience.

On the back of our strongest season ticket sales on record, we have gone and recorded one of the worse seasons in living memory in terms of home form. It’s not something that naturally inspires people to shell out another £400 of their hard earned in the midst of a cost of living crisis.

Early signings can alter the mood for the better, and the strength of early ST sales on the back of concrete transfer news will set the tone for the summer. Create that sense of scarcity again early on, and we’ll be ok. Fail to, and it’s an opportunity missed.

Sometimes you have to play the long game in transfer business, and there may still be occasions in the coming months where that remains the best option. But the need for some early buzz is absolutely real in the cold, hard, commercial sense.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 112
OddShapedBalls
May 2, 2023, 1:58pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from chaos33

‘Big bucks’? What’s his salary?

He's paid exclusively in venison carcasses, fortnightly, and rumour has it he wears their skin and charges around barnetby top like in 'freddie got fingered'
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 112
pontoonlew
May 2, 2023, 1:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,109
Gold Stars: 181
This data led method to recruitment is certainly the way forward but our January recruitment hardly felt very revolutionary did it?

I think there’s a hell of a lot more to it and we’re probably just scratching the surface of it in terms of capabilities. One things for sure, it needs to be a damn sight more succesful than it was in January for us to even start claiming it’s our ticket to success.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 112
May 2, 2023, 1:59pm
Guest User
Quoted from DB

I would imagine that PH hopes for that too, especially with, hopefully an increased transfer budget.  What I am sure about is that he won't be sitting in his office waiting until the last two weeks of the window.

Reply: 59 - 112
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Billy Chadwick from Ull

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.