2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Spurn boy
April 6, 2023, 8:09pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,264
Gold Stars: 30
Just watched the video of the interview with Andy Smith who for me this season has been one of our best players, I know he has had a couple of games were he has not been at his best but generally he has been one of our most consistent players and playing alongside Waterfall has given him a lot of confidence, I really hope town try to get a deal done with Hull  to keep him at the club as I think he will develop into a very good player.

Dead Eye Dobbin stood motionless waiting, waiting, waiting for the ball to arrive. Back came the right foot, Down came the right foot, Bang ! Headlines around the world as the ball flew into the very top right hand corner of the goal.( Jim Dobbin scoring in the 89th minute for Town against Newcastle United away 24/10/1992 )
Logged Offline
Private Message
ginnywings
April 6, 2023, 8:15pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
The Bradford commentators singled him out for praise when we played them, mentioning how good he was for his age.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 10
dapperz fun pub
April 6, 2023, 8:52pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,020
Gold Stars: 84
I’d love to sign him he’s not perfect but with a bit of coaching away from the mud rats I think he could be 👍
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 10
toontown
April 6, 2023, 9:18pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,275
Gold Stars: 70
Must very much feel like he is a town player to him in a way, spent 18 months at the club and never played at Hull anyway.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 10
Swansea_Mariner
April 6, 2023, 9:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,468
Gold Stars: 63
He's top dollar at this level in my book.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 10
Northbank Mariner
April 6, 2023, 9:30pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,525
Gold Stars: 172
He's thought extremely highly of at Dull, be very very surprised if we had any chance of signing him, especially seeing as though he's still got a year left on his contract.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 10
livosnose
April 6, 2023, 10:59pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +1,176
Gold Stars: 15
We’ve got Chris Hope , Bob Hope and zero hope of signing him . Champ player easy . Been good while it lasted

[img][/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 10
TheFryingSquad
April 7, 2023, 12:02am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Approval: -124
Gold Stars: 11
We have a very good player who at his age is exceptional at reading the game.  He’s still very young and needs further development to figure regularly at Championship level.  Agree that it’s highly unlikely that we’d get him on a permanent deal but…..  Hull must be impressed with his progress and will surely want that to continue.  Another season long loan would work for all.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 10
Mappers
April 7, 2023, 4:49am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,410
Gold Stars: 119
If it were possible sure we would sign him , but i dont think it will be .

If he's loaned out again surely league 1 would be a natural progression .

I actually dont think there is much between Smith & Maher at this point ,Maher looks a very good CB for this level (-the bit of rashness against Crawley )

We will probably need two new central defenders with Waterfall , Maher and I am assuming Shaun will stay on as 5th choice in a player/coach role .

Maybe Hurst will be in for Toto ,he has signed him a few times and obviously wants bigger players next season to .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 10
aldi_01
April 7, 2023, 6:55am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Smith is exceptional and Hull know that.

I’d imagine he’ll return to them and be sent out on loan to a league 1 club and follow a similar career path to Connor Townsend.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 10
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Andy Smith

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.