Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Spurn boy, April 6, 2023, 8:09pm
Just watched the video of the interview with Andy Smith who for me this season has been one of our best players, I know he has had a couple of games were he has not been at his best but generally he has been one of our most consistent players and playing alongside Waterfall has given him a lot of confidence, I really hope town try to get a deal done with Hull  to keep him at the club as I think he will develop into a very good player.
Posted by: ginnywings, April 6, 2023, 8:15pm; Reply: 1
The Bradford commentators singled him out for praise when we played them, mentioning how good he was for his age.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, April 6, 2023, 8:52pm; Reply: 2
I’d love to sign him he’s not perfect but with a bit of coaching away from the mud rats I think he could be 👍
Posted by: toontown, April 6, 2023, 9:18pm; Reply: 3
Must very much feel like he is a town player to him in a way, spent 18 months at the club and never played at Hull anyway.
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, April 6, 2023, 9:24pm; Reply: 4
He's top dollar at this level in my book.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, April 6, 2023, 9:30pm; Reply: 5
He's thought extremely highly of at Dull, be very very surprised if we had any chance of signing him, especially seeing as though he's still got a year left on his contract.
Posted by: livosnose, April 6, 2023, 10:59pm; Reply: 6
We’ve got Chris Hope , Bob Hope and zero hope of signing him . Champ player easy . Been good while it lasted
Posted by: TheFryingSquad, April 7, 2023, 12:02am; Reply: 7
We have a very good player who at his age is exceptional at reading the game.  He’s still very young and needs further development to figure regularly at Championship level.  Agree that it’s highly unlikely that we’d get him on a permanent deal but…..  Hull must be impressed with his progress and will surely want that to continue.  Another season long loan would work for all.
Posted by: Mappers, April 7, 2023, 4:49am; Reply: 8
If it were possible sure we would sign him , but i dont think it will be .

If he's loaned out again surely league 1 would be a natural progression .

I actually dont think there is much between Smith & Maher at this point ,Maher looks a very good CB for this level (-the bit of rashness against Crawley )

We will probably need two new central defenders with Waterfall , Maher and I am assuming Shaun will stay on as 5th choice in a player/coach role .

Maybe Hurst will be in for Toto ,he has signed him a few times and obviously wants bigger players next season to .
Posted by: aldi_01, April 7, 2023, 6:55am; Reply: 9
Smith is exceptional and Hull know that.

I’d imagine he’ll return to them and be sent out on loan to a league 1 club and follow a similar career path to Connor Townsend.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, April 7, 2023, 12:12pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from aldi_01
Smith is exceptional and Hull know that.

I’d imagine he’ll return to them and be sent out on loan to a league 1 club and follow a similar career path to Connor Townsend.

I hope not for the lads sake,  Townsend went to scunny after us!!!!...
Print page generated: May 23, 2024, 11:39am