3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Sandford1981
March 26, 2023, 12:16pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
I thought he conducted himself brilliantly throughout. I hope someone with a bit of wedge sees his potential and enables him to give up the day job and go full time pursuing his dream.
It was one of those ‘pick what you like’ fights. Taking the emotion out of it I think it’s a close fight and although I thought Levi edged it, it’s not a stinker of a decision. To coin a football cliche - a draw would have been a fair result!

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 22
Facer
March 26, 2023, 8:39pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +2
I am gutted for him and feel he did enough to get the decision, he boxed brilliantly, especially early on. He got sucked into Gomez's fight plan in the latter part, but even then I felt he held his own on many occasions. Although I am very biased here, I cannot say it was a 'stinker' of a decision, it was a close fight in the end, but it's rare you got those go in your favour as the away, lesser known fighter...

The way he conducted himself through the entire weekend was fantastic, and a wonderful reflection on himself, his personality and his professionalism.

There were plenty of folks there from Grimsby cheering him on. Hopefully with the decent numbers of tickets Levi sold, and the way he represented himself, both in and out of the ring, will encourage some of the folks in positions of power to get him another chance pretty soon
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 22
cmackenzie4
March 27, 2023, 7:34am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.25
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Yes Levi conducted himself very well, a very important point (for me) is that Levi showed he is at national level, it was a close fight and Levi never looked like he didn’t belong in there.

He can take a lot of encouragement from that because there is no doubt in my mind he will be English or even British champion one day, he’s good is Levi and you can tell he puts the work in, I know Andy Blackett (his trainer) very well, I boxed with Andy and I know full well that Andy leaves no stone unturned, he will have Levi back even better than before.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 22
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Levi Giles Boxing for English Title

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.