Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tickets on Sale from 10pm tonight
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 90 Guests

Tickets on Sale from 10pm tonight

This thread currently has 30,045 views. Print
33 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
heppy88
March 7, 2023, 2:38pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from MuddyWaters

This.

It's like the office have had a brainstorming session to see who can come up with the shittest plan.

I really don't think this was an "office" decision. The girls in the ticket office are not that daft and many would have been employed when this method was used before. Feel for the players, when two thirds of the ground disappear in the second half. Feel for us nutters who will be queuing in freezing conditions, until god knows what time, only to be told the office will be closing.   Edit: apparently will stay open until queue gone??
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 325
NorthLondonMariner
March 7, 2023, 2:44pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +415
Gold Stars: 7
I have a feeling this is going to sell out to season ticket holders. I know plenty of people that have friends or family that have season tickets and dont plan to go, but are going to buy tickets for other people.

At least we wont have this issue when we get to the semi finals
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 325
Grantham_Mariner
March 7, 2023, 2:46pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,224
Gold Stars: 52
So it was said that 30% of allocation was to be made available for sale from ticket office.
So, allocation of 4621, that 1386 made available tonight after match. If they are (and I think they will) sold are they going to turn queue's away, or use the online 70% ?

Think we need a more transparent system. JS said online would go on sale before ticket office sales. Why state a policy and break it at the first opportunity?

We are not just fans, we are customers, and should be treated so.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 325
HerveJosse
March 7, 2023, 2:48pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.85
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,208
Gold Stars: 145
When you blow your foot off you only have hours to reattach it. The hours are passing
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 325
ginnywings
March 7, 2023, 3:05pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Wow! It's obvious that the people who came up with this extremely stupid plan won't be the ones stood in a queue, freezing their bits off in the hope that they can snaffle a ticket. This feels like a plan a communist state would come up with.

It will be bedlam and the queue will likely be snaking right down to the main road come the end of the game. We've already had incidents of people being hit by cars recently and in the past, and I can't believe that anybody thinks this is a good idea.

For starters, it won't ease traffic on the online system whatever part of the day it is, and I could actually see people losing their temper if they queue in the cold for hours, only to be told that there are no tickets left for physical sale.

So now I have three choices. Do I watch the match as I intended to and inevitably miss out on the chance of buying a ticket from the ticket office? Do I leave the game early, or not go into the ground at all in the hope of securing a ticket by queueing, or do I just watch the game, go home and try the online thing, which will certainly crash and be a frustrating experience that could last for hours?

Suppose there is a fourth choice of saying fook it and just accept that I won't be going to Brighton.

Massive, massive own goal from the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 325
crusty ole pie
March 7, 2023, 3:10pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,411
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from Les Brechin

Did you ask her who came up with this crackpot idea?

Really don’t know what so crackpot the club are not making you queue just giving those who live out of town a chance to purchase a ticket in person to avoid a return trip to blundell park. Opening up on sale tickets at a quieter time makes perfect sense to avoid the crashing issues and those wanting to do the traditional way can start queuing in the morning the club would be dammed on what ever they did. And has for the person asking for season to register a interest in buying a match ticket we did when we bought the season ticket
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 325
Hagrid
March 7, 2023, 3:12pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,525
Gold Stars: 547
Quoted from ginnywings
Wow! It's obvious that the people who came up with this extremely stupid plan won't be the ones stood in a queue, freezing their bits off in the hope that they can snaffle a ticket. This feels like a plan a communist state would come up with.

It will be bedlam and the queue will likely be snaking right down to the main road come the end of the game. We've already had incidents of people being hit by cars recently and in the past, and I can't believe that anybody thinks this is a good idea.

For starters, it won't ease traffic on the online system whatever part of the day it is, and I could actually see people losing their temper if they queue in the cold for hours, only to be told that there are no tickets left for physical sale.

So now I have three choices. Do I watch the match as I intended to and inevitably miss out on the chance of buying a ticket from the ticket office? Do I leave the game early, or not go into the ground at all in the hope of securing a ticket by queueing, or do I just watch the game, go home and try the online thing, which will certainly crash and be a frustrating experience that could last for hours?

Suppose there is a fourth choice of saying fook it and just accept that I won't be going to Brighton.

Massive, massive own goal from the club.

its quite incredible that its been 3 hours since they announced it, and despite an enormous backlash, they havent thought, oh hold on a second, we might have got this wrong.

I'm absolutely furious about it, i cant go queue up with 20 minutes left, because i cant leave the brother in his seat on his own, nor can i expect him to queue with me till the early hours. I require him either way for proof of disability- hence i hoped to go to the club shop tomorrow.

flipping disgraceful decision
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 325
Les Brechin
March 7, 2023, 3:13pm

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,731
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from crusty ole pie

Really don’t know what so crackpot the club are not making you queue just giving those who live out of town a chance to purchase a ticket in person to avoid a return trip to blundell park. Opening up on sale tickets at a quieter time makes perfect sense to avoid the crashing issues and those wanting to do the traditional way can start queuing in the morning the club would be dammed on what ever they did. And has for the person asking for season to register a interest in buying a match ticket we did when we bought the season ticket

As others have said, you'll have a half empty stadium with 20 minutes to go and hundreds, even thousands of people queing up in the freezing cold. Plus what about the ones who live out of Town who buy a season tickets but struggle to make midweek games. Sounds pretty crackpot to me!

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 325
HerveJosse
March 7, 2023, 3:14pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.85
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,208
Gold Stars: 145
Quoted from crusty ole pie

There is always one
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 325
jamesgtfc
March 7, 2023, 3:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -6
Approval: +13,112
Gold Stars: 191
Get 100% of the allocation online and be done with it. Staff get whatever they get personally and that's it. Put everyone else in the same bun fight because this decision making stinks of being made by people who ticketing arrangements don't affect.

I wonder if the Trust board have to use the ticket system for example?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 325
33 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tickets on Sale from 10pm tonight

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.