Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tickets on Sale from 10pm tonight
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 35 Guests

Tickets on Sale from 10pm tonight

This thread currently has 29,872 views. Print
33 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Poojah
March 7, 2023, 2:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +30,006
Gold Stars: 1,534
Quoted from chelseacity
Correct me if i am wrong !  surely it will be an opportunity for season ticket holders going to the match tonight to buy their one ticket for the Brighton match, i don't see anything odd about that.

1. It prejudices those who can’t attend tonight’s match

2. It will force people to leave the match early in order to queue

3. It is a school / work night for those wanting to queue for a ticket

4. It is forecast to “feel like” -4 degrees at the time tickets become available, making the experience highly unpleasant and risking illness (or worse) to those queuing

5. It forces club staff to work unsociable hours

6. It’s stupid and unnecessary

Feel free to add…

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 325
Mariner93er
March 7, 2023, 2:01pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,736
Gold Stars: 28
As others have said, it gives the impression that the club has no confidence in the ticketing system. Their follow up tweet which reiterates that season ticket holders have priority until Friday kind of reiterates that.

How many people think their will even be any tickets left by Friday?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 325
KingsleysHair
March 7, 2023, 2:01pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: +249
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
ST holder and went to Southampton but can’t make tonight due to illness, my brother also will be missing as he has COVID, so more than disappointed with this decision.

Smacks of someone thinking “ Oh fans will be here Tuesday so it makes sense to sell them a ticket on their way home after the match” and the rest of the team have gone “great idea”.

Not withstanding the requirements to queue until very late at night has nobody thought what an adverse effect this will have on tonight’s match as probably 75% plus of the crowd start to leave with half the match remaining? Once fans see others walking out to queue they are going to join them and the whole thing will snowball leading to a near empty BP and disgruntled fans both inside and outside the ground.

Really can’t believe anyone would be so stupid to think this was in anyway a sensible approach and surely Debbie Cook as CEO should have the brains to understand this. I would also expect PH to comment adversely on this approach as it could seriously damage our chances of winning tonight’s match.

MADNESS!!

Like I said before I don’t even think the ticket office staff will have been informed, they’ll have just been told you’re staying late this is what we’re doing.

I put the link in here before from them saying how away tickets are sold and what split so why change now? Debbie green lighting this makes absolutely zero logical sense. I won’t be leaving the game early tonight but at the same time, it will seriously cross my mind if I see swarms leaving at 70 minutes etc.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 325
MrThirsty
March 7, 2023, 2:03pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +236
Gold Stars: 4
Massive queue, busy car park, someone gets injured in the mayhem. Is this a sensible health and safety situation and, pushing the boundaries, who would be in the firing line for corporate manslaughter?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 325
LH
March 7, 2023, 2:09pm

Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,603
Gold Stars: 177
They could have organised a ballot in the last few days which would have been fairer than whatever the intercourse this shitshow they’ve come up with is.
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 325
pizzzza
March 7, 2023, 2:09pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,721
Gold Stars: 137
I would expect the Mariners Trust to whirl into action on this issue. Any comment from them yet?
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 325
aldi_01
March 7, 2023, 2:10pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from MrThirsty
Massive queue, busy car park, someone gets injured in the mayhem. Is this a sensible health and safety situation and, pushing the boundaries, who would be in the firing line for corporate manslaughter?

And masses of folk leaving a game at the same time.

This is definitely a flipping horror show of a decision…I suspect by 4pm we’ll have had an apology and information telling us that they’ll be online only from midnight and then face to face from 9am tomorrow…

Or a simple, on sale online at 9am tomorrow and face to face from 10.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 325
Poojah
March 7, 2023, 2:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from LH
They could have organised a ballot in the last few days which would have been fairer than whatever the intercourse this shitshow they’ve come up with is.

We really need to look at a proper loyalty based system for next season, given the ongoing challenges with away ticket allocations. Those fans who attend most or all of our away games shouldn’t have to fret over whether they can get a ticket to our biggest cup game in almost a century.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 325
LH
March 7, 2023, 2:15pm

Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,603
Gold Stars: 177
As discussed on here before there’s not an easy way to do that because for situations like this people would buy tickets for matches they have no intention of travelling to for the points.
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 325
Poojah
March 7, 2023, 2:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01

And masses of folk leaving a game at the same time.

This is definitely a flipping horror show of a decision…I suspect by 4pm we’ll have had an apology and information telling us that they’ll be online only from midnight and then face to face from 9am tomorrow…

Or a simple, on sale online at 9am tomorrow and face to face from 10.

I think the club would be well advised to steer clear of the midnight idea altogether. The system will fall over whenever tickets go on sale - if it’s going to fail probably best that the club haven’t effectively made people stay up til the early hours on a school night just to find out.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 325
33 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tickets on Sale from 10pm tonight

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.