Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › We did it ........
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 231 Guests

We did it ........

This thread currently has 1,697 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
It Bites
March 4, 2023, 9:57am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,259
Gold Stars: 266
Look  we did it .....

Attachment: fb_img_1677923763183_9435.jpg
Size: 70.29 KB

Attachment: fb_img_1677923763183_198.jpg
Size: 70.29 KB

Private Message
Poojah
March 4, 2023, 10:03am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,669
Gold Stars: 1,508
At this time I’d suggest we forget about what went before and focus on the people that have delivered us an astonishing promotion to the football league and now this incredible cup run.

There’s a time and a place to remember the mistakes of the past and this isn’t it, in my opinion. Live in the now. Enjoy the moment.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 12
It Bites
March 4, 2023, 10:03am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,259
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from Poojah
At this time I’d suggest we forget about what went before and focus on the people that have delivered us an astonishing promotion to the football league and now this incredible cup run.

There’s a time and a place to remember the mistakes of the past and this isn’t it, in my opinion. Live in the now. Enjoy the moment.

It's a joke
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 12
Poojah
March 4, 2023, 10:09am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from It Bites

It's a joke

Yeah, I get it. It’s just a joke about someone now thankfully long gone and who doesn’t deserve the the attention of our hearts and minds right now. There are plenty of others who have earned that place for the right reasons.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 12
ginnywings
March 4, 2023, 10:18am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Funnily enough, I was thinking about JF this morning and wondering what he is making of it all.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 12
moosey_club
March 4, 2023, 10:19am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,295
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Poojah

Yeah, I get it. It’s just a joke about someone now thankfully long gone and who doesn’t deserve the the attention of our hearts and minds right now. There are plenty of others who have earned that place for the right reasons.

One of the best parts of the evening for me was the extra gusto from everyone when singing "ANYMORE" ....at the end of that particular song.
As much as the new owners have helped consolidate support you can't help acknowledge the ridding of the previous incumbent will also be celebrated for a long long time.
I like to think that in a Spanish villa or Liverpool City apartment that someone was watching and listening .....probably fuming. 😂

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 12
Poojah
March 4, 2023, 10:22am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from moosey_club

One of the best parts of the evening for me was the extra gusto from everyone when singing "ANYMORE" ....at the end of that particular song.
As much as the new owners have helped consolidate support you can't help acknowledge the ridding of the previous incumbent will also be celebrated for a long long time.
I like to think that in a Spanish villa or Liverpool City apartment that someone was watching and listening .....probably fuming. 😂

That’s fair, I also enjoyed that and have it plenty of gusto myself.

So anyway, with the red cross count racking up faster than Scunny’s goals against column, it’s clear my perspective isn’t the popular one in this case, so please crack on unabated with your Fenty baiting.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 12
HertsGTFC
March 4, 2023, 10:23am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from ginnywings
Funnily enough, I was thinking about JF this morning and wondering what he is making of it all.

He’s probably consoling himself between the thighs of his new partner.

Seriously though I would imagine he’s be happy to see the club doing well.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 12
AussieMariner
March 4, 2023, 10:25am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,072
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Poojah

Oh come on Poojah, the ability to gloat is very near the top of Maslow’s hierarchy of needs, just below self actualisation
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 12
The Caterham Mariner
March 4, 2023, 10:27am
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +96
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from moosey_club

It's called Karma ..Nuff said.

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 12
aldi_01
March 4, 2023, 11:25am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Poojah

That’s fair, I also enjoyed that and have it plenty of gusto myself.

So anyway, with the red cross count racking up faster than Scunny’s goals against column, it’s clear my perspective isn’t the popular one in this case, so please crack on unabated with your Fenty baiting.

Normally, and unsurprisingly I’m all over the fenty bashing but, I’m with you. I pity him right now, knowing he’ll be sat in a house in Merseyside, concocting some ropey business plan that makes a small sum of money whilst believing he’s contributed in some way to all this. Arguably, he has. He took us to rock bottom, paving the way for success…but in this moment, I pity him.

Paul Hurst is the saviour, this squad, however shite we’ve been this year, they’re history makers and deserve to enjoy every moment.

And besides, gusto or not, the greatest rendition of the anti Fenty song was led by Mr Hurst at our open top bus parade…if people didn’t love him before, that should cemented his love in all of our hearts…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 12
RonMariner
March 4, 2023, 12:04pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,798
Gold Stars: 226
I agree we should move on, but the attempt to bring in a convicted fraudster to the club, and the failure to hand over £200k to the Trust are things hard to forget and impossible to forgive.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 12
mirrorballman
March 4, 2023, 2:19pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +552
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from HertsGTFC

He’s probably consoling himself between the thighs of his new partner.

Seriously though I would imagine he’s be happy to see the club doing well.

I imagine his tiny little mind will be gutted to see us doing well. It was always about him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 12
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › We did it ........

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.