forza ivano
March 2, 2023, 3:07pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,267
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from 123614
Fantastic performance from the whole team and those fantastic travelling fans.  Personally I would have given the MotM to Glennon, who I thought had his best ever game for Town, but that's only my opinion.  Onwards and Upwards!

My wife watched it on tv n picked out waterfall n Glennon as the 2 outstanding  performers
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 58
RonMariner
March 2, 2023, 3:15pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,789
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from forza ivano

My wife watched it on tv n picked out waterfall n Glennon as the 2 outstanding  performers

I agree with her. Waterfall in particular was excellent. Thought Khouri looked great when he came on too.

With Taylor and Khan back in contention again, plus the loanees who were cup tied last night, the squad is looking pretty strong for the run in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 58
LH
March 2, 2023, 3:22pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,566
Gold Stars: 174

I was at St Mary's....

I don't think they battered us. They had periods where they were clearly better than us and they battered us after the substitutions and scoring. But for a lot of the game it felt more even. We were clearly more determined and prepared to fight.

You could see the difference between L2 and Prem payers in the speed and accuracy of passing but they did it in flashes, not consistently.

I'm old enough to have seen us play Arsenal at Highbury and Chelsea with Vialli and Gullit in the teams - they were batterings. Gullit ran the game without breaking sweat and our lads didn't get near him. Last night was not like that at all, it felt more like Northampton a couple of weeks ago!

So was I………

Have a look at the stats and tell me they didn’t batter us.
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 58
RonMariner
March 2, 2023, 3:24pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,789
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from LH

So was I………

Only one stat really counts. It was 2-1.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 58
Poojah
March 2, 2023, 3:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,667
Gold Stars: 1,508
Quoted from LH

So was I………

Southampton threw a lot of punches but, ultimately, hardly any of them landed. They had the lion’s share of the game without doubt, but I’m not sure “battered” is a term I’d use to describe how the match played out.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 58
LH
March 2, 2023, 3:26pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,566
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from RonMariner

Only one stat really counts. It was 2-1.

Which is what I said in thr original post 🤪
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 58
Wedidntdidwe
March 2, 2023, 3:38pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +377
Gold Stars: 22
3 shots each on target.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 58
Son of Cod
March 2, 2023, 3:54pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Did the official away attendance get announced?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 58
Mayaman
March 2, 2023, 4:06pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,421
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from forza ivano

Glennon had a cracker. Positioning was great throughout.  Good to see Khan back and Khouri did well when he came on.  Gave the ball away easily at one point.  He got back up , legged it back and made a superb tackle.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 58
Son of Cod
March 2, 2023, 4:23pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
I'd say that was Glennon's best defensive performance in a Town shirt. He got a fair bit of stick at Gillingham for being a bit slow and pedestrian (whipped in a corker of a cross for Gav to equalise still) but since then he's been absolutely mint and is having his best spell of the season for me right now. I don't think Amos did much wrong when he came in and was unlucky to lose his spot, but it's hard to ignore Glennon's current form. A decent striker who gets into the box a bit more than Taylor will bag for fun on the end of his deliveries next season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 58
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back.....to planet Earth

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.