3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Rodley Mariner
February 26, 2023, 12:53pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 178
Where are people planning to drink before the match? Hoping to be at our hotel in the city centre for 4 and then planning to be in a pub packed with Town fans all being well. Saw something about a pub in St Denys but looks a bit of a trek out from the centre.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Poojah
February 26, 2023, 1:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,669
Gold Stars: 1,508
According to a Southampton colleague, the main row of pubs and those usually allocated for away fans is on Above Bar Street, round the corner from the station. There’s a ‘spoons and Yates’ among other places.

With 4,000+ Town fans in the vicinity we’re going to need more than one pub, so it would be good to keep everyone close together for a proper takeover.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 28
Mappers
February 26, 2023, 5:43pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,410
Gold Stars: 119
Belgium and Blues is good if you like the craft beer scene ,quite like it there its quite small though .

If you want a spoons it might be worth going to the giddy bridge its about a 20 min walk from the ground ,it will be less busy than in the town i think ,i quite like the Alexander hotel it used to be a place with retro gaming consoles and a decent crowd ,not sure if thats still there though as have not been down there in a good few years .

If anyone is bringing the wife who wants to do some shopping send her to WestQuay its a bigger version of Meadowhall with loads of restaurants in to on the top deck .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 28
chaos33
February 26, 2023, 5:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,978
Gold Stars: 361
How often do Southampton find their away end sold out?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 28
Mappers
February 26, 2023, 6:07pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,410
Gold Stars: 119
Every week its filled more or less they only give 3k tickets and average 31k so assume its to capacity most weeks .

They are in meltdown though ,i honestly think its our realistic chance (probably ever ) to get to an FA cup quarter final -more Palace than Chelsea . They are going to rotate heavily and their fanbase is highly disgruntled atm ;its not an over exageration that we could be playing them in a league game in the not too distant future .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 28
pontoonlew
February 26, 2023, 6:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Anywhere around Guildhall square is meant to be good and will be a 20 min walk to the ground. Hoping we might end up there afterwards as well…
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 28
Rodley Mariner
February 26, 2023, 7:05pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Quoted from pontoonlew
Anywhere around Guildhall square is meant to be good and will be a 20 min walk to the ground. Hoping we might end up there afterwards as well…

That's pretty near our hotel so that works for me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 28
mimma
February 26, 2023, 8:26pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,574
Gold Stars: 78
What's it like for those of us that are travelling by coach? From what I can gather they park the coaches at the stadium. Will I have a long walk for a beer?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 28
Davec
February 26, 2023, 8:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
I've actually got a room booked for the night above a pub called The Grapes, so I'll probably start in there, then get a kebab or something and then find a another pub closer to the ground packed with fans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 28
Withnail
February 26, 2023, 8:44pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from Davec
I've actually got a room booked for the night above a pub called The Grapes, so I'll probably start in there, then get a kebab or something and then find a another pub closer to the ground packed with fans

The Grapes was a half decent pub when I lived in Southampton 10 years ago. No Early Doors characters in there though. Cracking Indian a few doors down and a pub across the road that hosts cross dressing karaoke, if that's your bag.

About a good half half hr+ walk to the ground from there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 28
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Southampton pre match

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.