11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 All Recommend Thread
Teestogreen
February 21, 2023, 11:58pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -160
Gold Stars: 23
This time last year - where were Town - little chance of promotion from the division below.
Now  ~ just a few points to guarantee staying in League 2 next season, with lots of games left,  plus the magnificent FA Cup run. I’m happy 😃
UTM

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 107
Norseman
February 22, 2023, 12:35am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +278
Gold Stars: 48
Awful
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 107
Norseman
February 22, 2023, 12:35am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +278
Gold Stars: 48
Awful
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 107
promotion plaice
February 22, 2023, 12:48am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,086
Gold Stars: 200

Not too upset about a draw tonight, let's face it we aren't going to reach the play-offs, could be a valuable point if we go on a bad run.

Did better than Liverpool  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 107
Mendonca1995
February 22, 2023, 8:37am
Super Clive mendonca how much would he cost now
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +903
Gold Stars: 15
We need to go out and pay good money for a goalscorer in the summer it's as simple as that we just haven't got a striker who can score goals Taylor has 4 goals to his name and been out most of the season similar to Mcatee with 2 goals it's not good enough this season has just wilted away we turn up in numbers week after week never knowing what the results are going to be or low scoring games it's not entertaining at all, look at Stockport as an example they have 3/4 goal scorers capable of scoring each game we haven't got 1 with a bit of ambition in January we genuinely could've made a playoff push with our games in hand, it's looking like a mid table finish and a decent cup run this season we would've taken that at the beginning of the season for sure (but) it disappoints me that looking at some of the teams in this league we could've pushed on further in January and gone for it maybe we are looking for a big summer I don't know but it's clear as daylight we need some quality upfront for sure UTM

ALL TOWN AREN'T WE ⚫️⚪️
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 107
February 22, 2023, 9:15am
Guest User
Quoted from Mendonca1995
We need to go out and pay good money for a goalscorer in the summer it's as simple as that we just haven't got a striker who can score goals Taylor has 4 goals to his name and been out most of the season similar to Mcatee with 2 goals it's not good enough this season has just wilted away we turn up in numbers week after week never knowing what the results are going to be or low scoring games it's not entertaining at all, look at Stockport as an example they have 3/4 goal scorers capable of scoring each game we haven't got 1 with a bit of ambition in January we genuinely could've made a playoff push with our games in hand, it's looking like a mid table finish and a decent cup run this season we would've taken that at the beginning of the season for sure (but) it disappoints me that looking at some of the teams in this league we could've pushed on further in January and gone for it maybe we are looking for a big summer I don't know but it's clear as daylight we need some quality upfront for sure UTM

Well, a full stop looks like this ===> .

I ran out of breath reading this!  
Reply: 105 - 107
OddShapedBalls
February 22, 2023, 10:15am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.02
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 40
I just see it as a point gained from one of our games in hand, it's a net gain, take it.   Patchwork side that will be changed during the summer into a much better squad I reckon, ready for a push next season.

RE the eternal striker debate, maybe it's time to accept that the only way we are getting a 20+ goal a season striker is to bring one through from the youth setup IMO.  Even if we do identify one who wants to come and we can afford the wages/fees, another club will happily try to bankrupt their owners and pay twice as much to hijack the move.  Send some scouts to Brazil lol and pillage whatever promising youngsters the Spanish clubs haven't already signed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 107
February 22, 2023, 12:07pm
Guest User
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Why do you have to be so aggressive?

You think this is aggressive?  LOL.

Reply: 107 - 107
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match Thread Harrogate

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.