Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fans Forum
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 266 Guests

Fans Forum

This thread currently has 18,567 views. Print
17 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
HerveJosse
February 11, 2023, 11:39am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.88
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,217
Gold Stars: 144
There are currently around 50 home tickets left available to buy all in poor positions and a queue to get in on the ticketing website so it’s plain to see this will be another home sell out . Sellout in any reasonable construction of the English language is when no tickets are available to buy. There have been around 7 or 8 occasions this has occurred this season and we are17th in League Two . Anybody who thinks we don’t need more home capacity is either disingenuous or very stubborn and can’t accept they are wrong
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 165
Les Brechin
February 11, 2023, 11:44am

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,717
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from HerveJosse
There are currently around 50 home tickets left available to buy all in poor positions and a queue to get in on the ticketing website so it’s plain to see this will be another home sell out . Sellout in any reasonable construction of the English language is when no tickets are available to buy. There have been around 7 or 8 occasions this has occurred this season and we are17th in League Two . Anybody who thinks we don’t need more home capacity is either disingenuous or very stubborn and can’t accept they are wrong

No tickets at all left in The Upper, Lower or Pontoon today according to the OS and about 20 (non-restricted views) left in The Main.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 165
Townforlife
February 11, 2023, 12:11pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +247
Gold Stars: 19
I think Jason Stockwood's answer regarding capacity was all about managing expectation. They have a clear plan to get things right on the pitch and support that with improved infrastructure. I would rather they prioritised that now than be distracted by an expensive relocation project. Andrew Pettit also stated that they are looking at ways to improve capacity at Blundell Park. Relocation has not been ruled out, just pushed down the agenda. Rightly so in my opinion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 165
It Bites
February 11, 2023, 12:14pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,258
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from Townforlife
I think Jason Stockwood's answer regarding capacity was all about managing expectation. They have a clear plan to get things right on the pitch and support that with improved infrastructure. I would rather they prioritised that now than be distracted by an expensive relocation project. Andrew Pettit also stated that they are looking at ways to improve capacity at Blundell Park. Relocation has not been ruled out, just pushed down the agenda. Rightly so in my opinion.

Absolutely this ☝️
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 165
Limerick Mariner
February 11, 2023, 12:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,720
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from Townforlife

I think relocation is a long way off. AP referred to something better than temporary seating in the obvious areas available (can’t remember the exact words). That indicates to me they see us at BP for the medium term at least.

Agree completely about managing expectations - that’s what’s it’s all about.

Can we introduce a policy for away teams - you can have 500 tickets or say 600 to 1,250, and we charge them for 600 if they take the bigger allocation and don’t sell them. Is that permitted? That would take home availability to 8k for games against the poorer supported teams.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 165
HerveJosse
February 11, 2023, 12:37pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

I think relocation is a long way off. AP referred to something better than temporary seating in the obvious areas available (can’t remember the exact words). That indicates to me they see us at BP for the medium term at least.

Agree completely about managing expectations - that’s what’s it’s all about.

Can we introduce a policy for away teams - you can have 500 tickets or say 600 to 1,250, and we charge them for 600 if they take the bigger allocation and don’t sell them. Is that permitted? That would take home availability to 8k for games against the poorer supported teams.

No we can’t there is a minimum required allocation for away supporters of 10% of certified capacity. Our capacity is still stated as 9500 ( even though it obviously isn’t) so that’s 950
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 165
HerveJosse
February 11, 2023, 12:42pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Townforlife

A better way to manage expectations would be to say we can’t afford it at the moment not say we are running 2-3k short of capacity so it’s not needed . That just makes him luck either out of touch or disingenuous
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 165
Limerick Mariner
February 11, 2023, 12:50pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,720
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from HerveJosse

No we can’t there is a minimum required allocation for away supporters of 10% of certified capacity. Our capacity is still stated as 9500 ( even though it obviously isn’t) so that’s 950

So I assume we have to ask them to take the lower allocation in the Osmond corner but they can refuse? Harrogate fans were going in the corner. That means we could lose revenue. Colchester won’t bring 500 today. They could have been given the corner.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 165
HertsGTFC
February 11, 2023, 12:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
I’m 100% sure the club are aware of the demand or perceived demand and if there was a need to add extra seating they would.

After the supporters forum, a big cup run and a strong forward momentum it feels like people are just creating sticks to beat the club with so they can assume their default position of being a moaning s0d.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 165
MuddyWaters
February 11, 2023, 1:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,277
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from HertsGTFC
I’m 100% sure the club are aware of the demand or perceived demand and if there was a need to add extra seating they would.

After the supporters forum, a big cup run and a strong forward momentum it feels like people are just creating sticks to beat the club with so they can assume their default position of being a moaning s0d.

I’m not sure anyone is looking for a stick at all. I totally get the owners position on this. They’re not daft and will know exactly when a lack of capacity is costing them revenue. As a consequence, I’m pretty sure that they’ll know when it’s time to move.
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 165
17 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fans Forum

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.