Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fans Forum
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 65 Guests

Fans Forum

This thread currently has 18,682 views. Print
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
jamesgtfc
February 10, 2023, 8:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -6
Approval: +13,112
Gold Stars: 191
Quoted from aldi_01
Are there any numbers or actual evidence to suggest people won’t buy a ticket on a small chance they can’t sit together?

How do you propose parents take their kids?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 165
grimsby pete
February 10, 2023, 9:06pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.78
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,842
Gold Stars: 223
Quoted from jamesgtfc

How do you propose parents take their kids?

OR

If husband takes wife / girlfriend  

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 165
Limerick Mariner
February 10, 2023, 9:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,794
Gold Stars: 139
Quoted from grimsby pete

OR

If husband takes wife / girlfriend  

Wife takes toy boy - they would surely want to sit together. But maybe in another part of the ground from where wife and husband normally sit…
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 165
ex-merseymariner
February 10, 2023, 9:21pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,403
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from DB
From a financial point, it does not matter if ST's do not turn up as the ticket money is already in the bank. Hence the calculated income is ST's,plus walk ins and away fans.

Over.simplifying things, as when they do attend they can spend money in the ground on food drinks programmes etc...

Underdogs Wrexham had a similar problem when loads of non attendees, eg rich.americans, started buying Season tickets. What did they do?
Apart.from mess up the playoffs......

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 165
Limerick Mariner
February 10, 2023, 9:34pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,794
Gold Stars: 139
Quoted from ginnywings
I'm really baffled by this assertion that we need to up the capacity at BP.

The ground comfortably holds 8500, which we have achieved once this season against Premier League opposition with a full away end.

The average gate is 6500, which is as high as I can remember it being for decades, even in the Championship. Why would they spend money on extra seating that probably wouldn't be filled, as they pointed out?

I do however think they should promote the re-sale of non attendees season ticket seats better. Some kind of incentive to make it worthwhile spending the time to visit the website and release your ticket would help, although again, I'm not sure what the demand would be. I've released mine twice now and had no takers.

To my mind, making the team better will attract more floating fans, then the discussion can move onto more capacity. I don't think we are at that stage yet.

Blundell Park doesn’t comfortably hold 8,500 though - it holds that many but with several hundred restricted view seats.

There are 178 seats left for tomorrow according to Alltownarentwe, after a great couple of results but hardly attractive opposition. If we were top 7 we’d be sold out every game (but not full). However, JS is spinning a narrative here and having watched the forum I’m fine with it. I think we need to move on. GTFC is struggling to attract players commensurate with our budget and we need that to change to progress. An extra 1000 seats isn’t going to make the likes of Dallas come to GY - a top quality training facility might.

Once we’ve got that funded and on the way to delivery, BP capacity expansion might be top priority.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 165
Yoda
February 10, 2023, 10:12pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,190
Gold Stars: 74
i don’t agree 4 of us don’t go as we cannot sit together and don’t particularly like the main stand it’s awful.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 165
ginnywings
February 10, 2023, 10:28pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Yoda
i don’t agree 4 of us don’t go as we cannot sit together and don’t particularly like the main stand it’s awful.

Don't buy it. Not being able to sit with my mates wouldn't stop me going.

Besides, you can get 4 seats together in the Osmond most games.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 165
wuffing
February 10, 2023, 10:30pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.40
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +854
Gold Stars: 40
Maybe we should look at making the main stand cantilever. There's nothing to stop it on that side. Similar-ish height. New concrete and seats. Could be a goer?

'I walked in the dressing room. The window was open and I thought that a sea fret had got in. Then I saw smoke billowing from a pipe in the corner of the room...it was my centre-forward. He looked seven stone wet through. He went on to score thirty-odd goals that season.' Lawrie McMenemy on encountering the legend that was Matt Tees.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 165
SuperJoeyWaters
February 10, 2023, 10:39pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +45
There were 2 answers that I did not agree with last night

JS said the average attendance is 6500 this season and the capacity is over 8500 so there are 2000 seats on average available and therefore there is no need to provide extra seating as a priority. I would imagine 700/800 STH do not attend each game and very rarely do the away fans fill their allocations. Therefore tickets available for Town fans are mainly restricted views and not encouraging for the casual supporters

DC said staff morale was brilliant and the best she has ever worked with. Morale maybe good with some staff after many bleak years under the previous regime however this is not the case with all staff and I personally know a couple of staff that left under bad feelings from the club. I know JS has mentioned several occassions that the new regime would not be for everyone and it was inevitable that some staff would leave but I do question why so many good employees have left the club
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 165
RonMariner
February 10, 2023, 10:58pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.43
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,917
Gold Stars: 233
Just watched it. Great to see a group of honest well intentioned people doing their best for the club. Good too to note their ambition to get us out of this league. Given time I am sure they will. Clear that Debbie and the owners are fans. Debbie says she watched the playoff highlights again recently and still cried!

Paul Hurst looked relaxed and is clearly here for the long term, which is good. He also went into some detail about the  transfer window. That was interesting too.

I am just pleased we have these people running the club, and let’s face it the high points we have enjoyed in the 20 moths they have owned the club have been terrific.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 165
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fans Forum

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.