Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back on the Train.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 261 Guests

Just Back on the Train.

This thread currently has 7,231 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
barralad
February 4, 2023, 5:27pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,297
Gold Stars: 127
After what has been quite frankly a negativity induced miserable week what better time to go to Crewe-a team we haven't beaten away since 1990.
It took precisely five minutes for the gloom to be dispelled when Lloyd (one of the bargain basement rushed signings apparently) flicked on in an almost Tayloresque manner for Mcatee to bury the chance for 1.0.
Town went in pursuit of another and after H.Clifton missed a great chance Mr Lloyd smacked an unstoppable shot into the corner for the second.  Crewe huffed and puffed but Town remained pretty much in full control-I cannot remember Crocombe having to make a save.
Second half Crewe tried to get back into it but couldn't get  past the rocks that are Maher, Waterfall and Efete.
Hurst had the luxury of substitutions to give players some "minutes" and lo and behold the young lad on loan from Norwich headed the third.
Crewe were dire but you CAN only beat what is in front of you and Town were superb.
In addition to the two new scorers Josh Emmanuel played very well (for someone allegedly not 100% fit) and Amos had probably his best game of the season.
Three more points-onward and upward.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
chaos33
February 4, 2023, 5:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,971
Gold Stars: 361
Safe journey back Ian. Massive well done to the players and the fans. Magnificent, committed effort. UTM

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 35
DB
February 4, 2023, 5:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.45
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
Firstly a safe journey home to you and all the travelling fans. I hope you don't have problems with TPE.
I now have an attendance of 4,460 and need help with the prediction thread for the away figure. If anybody knows please include your source, for fairness to all those who predict.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 35
sonofmadeleymariner
February 4, 2023, 5:43pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +20 / -9
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 37
Just got back home (only a 10-minute drive for me) what a game. That had to be the worst Crewe performance I've ever seen against Town.

The only time they looked like a threat was at corners and even then Max didn't make a save-all game. I think his most challenging moment of the match was when he, Efete, and Waterfall were passing it around the back under a little pressure.

The back 5 were great and were completely in control at the back. Emmanuel looked great going forward and grew threw the game as he worked off the rust. Once he and Efete got used to each other they looked very secure down that side.

Midfield controlled the game, some of the one-touch passing they did was brilliant as was their off-the-ball movement. Special mention to Morris in this game as I think he'll go under the radar a bit. He was everywhere today, making tackles, linking up the play between defense and midfield, and just bullying Crewe at every chance he got.

Up front, Lloyd and McAtee looked like they'd been playing together all season, some of Lloyd's little flicks to McAtee were brilliant. He also ran and ran and ran chased everything, challenged everything and put in a Clifton level of work rate.

Subs all played well, Green took over the Morris role when he came on and did the same, Dickson-Peters chased everything he could and nabbed a goal, O'Neil looked a little lost in the McAtee role but worked hard and almost got a reward for his effort.

Now to reply to some of those DMs I've been getting all week leading up to this game ha ha ha ha

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 35
lukeo
February 4, 2023, 5:50pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,395
Gold Stars: 149
Crewe were awful. Worst team I've ever watched.
But, you can only beat what is infront of you and I felt we played well on such a poor pitch. Great to see some new lads get game time and what a performance from them.
MOTM for me is either Emmanuel or Efete. Felt Mcatee was better than he has been lately but still not as 'busy' as he used to be. Roll on Tuesday
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 35
Hagrid
February 4, 2023, 5:56pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,489
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from lukeo
Crewe were awful. Worst team I've ever watched.
But, you can only beat what is infront of you and I felt we played well on such a poor pitch. Great to see some new lads get game time and what a performance from them.
MOTM for me is either Emmanuel or Efete. Felt Mcatee was better than he has been lately but still not as 'busy' as he used to be. Roll on Tuesday

Ever? Bit OTT😂

Agree about Efete and Emmanuel, i really like Michee in that right sided CB Role
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 35
Rodley Mariner
February 4, 2023, 5:59pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,257
Gold Stars: 178
Stacy Coldicott gave McAtee man of the match on Humberside. Scored the first and made the second so 'better than he has been lately' feels a bit like damning with faint praise.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 35
rancido
February 4, 2023, 6:00pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,617
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Hagrid

Ever? Bit OTT😂

Agree about Efete and Emmanuel, i really like Michee in that right sided CB Role

I've said all along that Efete was better suited to a wing-back role than an out and out right full back.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 35
lukeo
February 4, 2023, 6:04pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,395
Gold Stars: 149
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Stacy Coldicott gave McAtee man of the match on Humberside. Scored the first and made the second so 'better than he has been lately' feels a bit like damning with faint praise.

I watch the whole 90mins and rate players on work rate on and off the ball. Stacey obviously goes by key moments in the game, which I have to agree on, McAtee was brilliant.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 35
Jarmo.Is.God
February 4, 2023, 6:07pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Pitch made it hard to play any sort of passing game.

Emmanuel is a beast, can tell he plays higher up the pyramid.

Lloyd had a great game

Defence untroubled

Mcatee and Lloyd both scored lovely goals

Crewe are bad, like really bad.

Great afternoons work
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 35
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back on the Train.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.